Ramifications, Justice and the Law

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
My niece asked me what the ramifications are, of the Government recognizing discriminatory and abusive behavior highly politically incorrect things as simply "Locker Room Banter" or a "Brain Fart" or "normal everyday behavior"...

And allowed people (who are legally challenged) of course, to get away with politically incorrect behavior...

And allowed business people to say things like "Business Man" or "Are you an American Citizen?" and things like that...

I said...

First of all, the two questions "Are you eligible to work in the United States" and "Are you an American Citizen" sounds fairly similar... BUT THEY'RE NOT SIMILAR and they lead people to two VERY DIFFERENT places.

Are you eligible to work in the United States promotes far more acceptance of other people, and recognizes that the GOVERNMENT makes the Rules.

Whereas "Are you an American Citizen" promotes Xenophobia and isn't based on what the laws actually are.

And the Ramifications of recognizing abusive and discriminatory and incorrect behavior as Locker Room Banter, a brain fart or as normal behavior... is that it would promote discrimination and harassment and abuse, and bigotry, and enshrine it into law.

Businessperson and Business MAN are two different things as well and lead people to two different places and Business MAN discriminates, and promotes discrimination, and sexism.

The Government is in charge of society, and it can't function the way one person does or CAN, and it cannot promote injustice.

The Government is NOT "in charge of" society. If that is what you seek, move to Russia or Cuba, and hope for the re-awakening of communistic totalitarianism.

If I own a pizza shop, I can hire or decline to hire anyone I want, based on whatever criteria I choose to utilize. And I really don't have to justify my criteria to anyone but my customers.

There are laws on the books that require me to ascertain whether any prospective new-hire is eligible to work in this country, and of course that is a law I am bound by (although many small business just ignore it, knowing that the Feds don't have the resources to enforce it).

"Discrimination" is a good thing, although it has gotten a bad name because people are too stupid to think things through. Panera Bread has a reputation of discriminating against people who are fat, profoundly ugly, look dirty, or who have an excess of visible tattoos or piercings. Their customers prefer it that way.

You got a problem with that?

• Banned
The Government is NOT "in charge of" society. If that is what you seek, move to Russia or Cuba, and hope for the re-awakening of communistic totalitarianism.

If I own a pizza shop, I can hire or decline to hire anyone I want, based on whatever criteria I choose to utilize. And I really don't have to justify my criteria to anyone but my customers.

There are laws on the books that require me to ascertain whether any prospective new-hire is eligible to work in this country, and of course that is a law I am bound by (although many small business just ignore it, knowing that the Feds don't have the resources to enforce it).

"Discrimination" is a good thing, although it has gotten a bad name because people are too stupid to think things through. Panera Bread has a reputation of discriminating against people who are fat, profoundly ugly, look dirty, or who have an excess of visible tattoos or piercings. Their customers prefer it that way.

If you get sued, and you lose... don't bitch and moan.
:)

Last edited:

The first amendment gives you the right to be a bigot, but not to discriminate against those protected by law. It seems that is another of the things which describe the current iteration of conservatives, disdain for the Civil Rights Act.

"There are laws on the books that require me to ascertain whether any prospective new-hire is eligible to work in this country, and of course that is a law I am bound by (although many small business just ignore it, knowing that the Feds don't have the resources to enforce it)."

Reckon folk ain't so "bound by law" at all then are they. Thanks for the Panera info, I'll never support that business again.

• Banned

"There are laws on the books that require me to ascertain whether any prospective new-hire is eligible to work in this country, and of course that is a law I am bound by (although many small business just ignore it, knowing that the Feds don't have the resources to enforce it)."

Reckon folk ain't so "bound by law" at all then are they. Thanks for the Panera info, I'll never support that business again.

Forum List

Back