Rand Educates Whoopi: 'Automatic Weapons ARE Banned'!

Uh, newsflash, you CAN legally buy automatic weapons in the U.S. All you need is an extra permit here and there.
BE VERY SPECIFIC..... list for us the times places and events where automatic weapons were used to commit crimes in the US, then show that said weapons were legally obtained.

Are you saying those highly regulated weapons aren't used very often to commit crimes?

Mostly because the type of person who would spend the time to get one isn't a criminal, its more of a hobby.

And before you go with "See!!! if we regulate guns more gun crime will go down!!!" I give you Washington DC and Chicago as examples of rampant gun control and little results.

Uh, newsflash, you CAN legally buy automatic weapons in the U.S. All you need is an extra permit here and there.

You need a federal permit, permission from your local law enforcement, and the weapon has to been in existence before a certain date. There are only a set amount of legal fully automatic weapons, and the number declines yearly due to attrition.

When was the last time a legal fully automatic weapon was used in a crime?

When? I'd like to know.
Never. The last attack I know of with a fully automatic weapon was years ago in California and as usual the criminals had illegal weapons.

You need a federal permit, permission from your local law enforcement, and the weapon has to been in existence before a certain date. There are only a set amount of legal fully automatic weapons, and the number declines yearly due to attrition.

When? I'd like to know.

When was the last time someone used a illegal fully automatic weapon in a crime?

Okay wait a minute. So Whoopi says, "I have a gun" which is presumably for protection not hunting, then she rants about how weapons that are not for hunting should be banned?

The gross ignorance of people like Whoopi on gun control is what needs to be called out and corrected. Their positions are frequently completely irrational. They look at a hunting rifle that can be cycled and fired nearly as fast as say an AR15 and they are like oh that hunting rifle is okay to own but the AR15 should be banned. When the hunting rifle is actually far more deadly. You have a decent chance of surviving being shot with an AR15, the hunting rifle .338 Winchester Magnum on the other hand, your chances of survival are about zero.

Fact Check: Romney says it's illegal to have automatic weapons

Purchasing one requires submitting fingerprints and photographs to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, going through an FBI criminal background check, and paying a $200 tax, among other requirements. Only automatic weapons manufactured and registered with the federal government before 1986 can be bought, owned and sold.

Obama administration officials have called for a renewal of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which was signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994 and expired in 2004.

GOP dipshits. All they had to do was use Google. Lazy asses.

Fact Check: Romney says it's illegal to have automatic weapons

Purchasing one requires submitting fingerprints and photographs to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, going through an FBI criminal background check, and paying a $200 tax, among other requirements. Only automatic weapons manufactured and registered with the federal government before 1986 can be bought, owned and sold.

Obama administration officials have called for a renewal of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which was signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994 and expired in 2004.

GOP dipshits. All they had to do was use Google. Lazy asses.
So whoopi is a republican now?

BE VERY SPECIFIC..... list for us the times places and events where automatic weapons were used to commit crimes in the US, then show that said weapons were legally obtained.

Are you saying those highly regulated weapons aren't used very often to commit crimes?

Mostly because the type of person who would spend the time to get one isn't a criminal, its more of a hobby.

And before you go with "See!!! if we regulate guns more gun crime will go down!!!" I give you Washington DC and Chicago as examples of rampant gun control and little results.

So, what you are saying is if you make guns more difficult to get like automatic weapons they would be used less in crime.

When? I'd like to know.
Never. The last attack I know of with a fully automatic weapon was years ago in California and as usual the criminals had illegal weapons.

Why do you think automatic weapons aren't used very often to commit crimes?

So, what you are saying is if you make guns more difficult to get like automatic weapons they would be used less in crime.

Correlation is not causation. Most criminals are perfectly happy using any gun they can get their hands on.

Correlation is not causation. Most criminals are perfectly happy using any gun they can get their hands on.

Great, so keeping their hands off of the really dangerous ones appears to be a good idea. What do they call that? Oh, yeah....gun control.

Great, so keeping their hands off of the really dangerous ones appears to be a good idea. What do they call that? Oh, yeah....gun control.

Your attempted gotcha moment is fizzling out. The real question is how does making it harder for me to get a firearm, any firearm, even a revolver stop criminals from getting them or using them.

Answer that one, dippy.

Whoopi Goldberg Says She Wants Automatic Weapons Banned — Watch When Rand Tells Her They Already Are

Whoopi Goldberg seems to be under the impression that automatic weapons are available to the general public.

"During Wednesday’s episode of “The View,” Goldberg pleaded with Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul on gun control and said that she couldn’t understand why “anyone objects to getting rid of automatic weapons.” “Automatic weapons, they’re not for hunting. They do nothing — they’re only there to kill. And you’ll notice that a lot of things that happened are with automatic weapons,” she claimed to Paul. “When we see that why don’t we say, ‘Who really needs to have one other than people that are at war?’”

The crowd erupted in applause before Paul could explain that the very weapons Goldberg was referring to are already unavailable to the general public.

(FACE-PALM!) Stupid Liberal, stupid audience..... 'Nuff said...

You have to understand, these regressives ALWAYS want more restrictions on weapons... till the last butter knife has been taken away from you. It's always a slippery slope with them.

Name one crime where a legally purchased automatic weapon was used.

All guns are really dangerous.

All generalities are really vacuous.

Let's ban guns and generalizations then!

(Except if the generalizations concern evil white men or republicans, or the guns are for the "always right" government).

Let's ban guns and generalizations then!

(Except if the generalizations concern evil white men or republicans, or the guns are for the "always right" government).
The only ban I am for is banning bannings.

Your attempted gotcha moment is fizzling out. The real question is how does making it harder for me to get a firearm, any firearm, even a revolver stop criminals from getting them or using them.

Answer that one, dippy.

It's not a gotcha' question. I am a gun owner. I'm asking why spree killers, mass shooters, etc. don't opt for the gun that has the ability to kill more people. If mass shooters...say in San Bernardino had automatic weapons, how much worse would the carnage be?

Name one crime where a legally purchased automatic weapon was used.

I can't. In case you haven't heard the government makes them difficult to get.

All knives too, wasn't my point. Some guns are more dangerous than others when in the wrong hands. So, we did something about it and now those very dangerous weapons aren't used much to commit crimes.

Where as if a machine gun were as available as any other gun, I'd imagine we'd have more crimes committed with the use of them.

Forum List

Back