Rand Paul for Secretary of State?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Yes I know. A thousand reasons to object. And one of those being his record on wanting to cut 100% aid to all foreign countries... But...

Where Giuliani oozes "slimeball" from every pore of his skin, Paul offers a mature, cordial and statesmen like temperament. He's the kind of guy who could get world leaders to relax just by entering the room. While at the same time, his record of firmness on resisting handouts to foreign countries means he'd be no pushover. Under Paul, they'd have to play by our rules and not the other way around if they wanted to stay at the trough. But at the same time he wouldn't be a dick about it...if that all makes sense?

Anyway, thought I'd put that out there. The SOS is probably the most important position in the cabinet. Best to think more than just another one of Trump's slimey friends..

With all the treaties that R.P. has filibustered, it would be too ironic to make him the Sec State.

He is yet another far right wacko who cannot play nice with the other senators.

Making R.P. the Sec State would be like putting Cruz in charge of the budget and the national debt.

I'd prefer him here cutting spending.

HHS Secretary or stay in Senate

Cutting 100% of the foreign aid is actually a good idea however.

No logical reason for the US taxpayers to subsidize foreigners.

In my opinion, he can do far more good in the Senate then in the Cabinet.

He is a doctor and a libertarian, and Trump wants to cut spending. He may, as HHS Secretary, be best qualified to contain our run-a-way health care costs.

There are not enough Senators to spare by the GOP for The White House.

So senators are all off limits to Trump.

Bevin would appoint another Republican to replace him, but it seems highly unlikely that Paul will be in the Cabinet.

He is a doctor and a libertarian, and Trump wants to cut spending. He may, as HHS Secretary, be best qualified to contain our run-a-way health care costs.

I have no doubts he would shake things up, but moving to the Cabinet would be a step down in my opinion. He can save us a lot more money in the Senate than as Secretary. I am fan of Paul, so much so, he was my write-in for President.

Do you really think so?
I think this would be AWESOME and he could have more influence because he would be under Trump, directly.

I do. Being in the Cabinet makes him beholden to The White House, as a Senator...not so much.

Last edited:

Do you really think so?
I think this would be AWESOME and he could have more influence because he would be under Trump, directly.

I do. Being in the Cabinet makes him beholden to The White House as a Senator...not so much.
That's true but I don't think he would bend over like that. That's one of the main reasons I like the guy so much.

Do you really think so?

I do. Being in the Cabinet makes him beholden to The White House as a Senator...not so much.
That's true but I don't think he would bend over like that. That's one of the main reasons I like the guy so much.

He serves at the pleasure of the President in the Cabinet and if he didn't bend over for Trump he could get sacked. I like him exactly where he is now.

Do you really think so?

He serves at the pleasure of the President in the Cabinet and if he didn't bend over for Trump he could get sacked. I like him exactly where he is now.
Fair enough!

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

His position on foreign aide would be cutting spending here....think about it...

Plus, temperament is paramount in a SOS. Rand Paul has that calm-firmness in spades. He won't be creating policy by himself; he will be the ambassador of collective-policy. That's the job description of the SOS anyway.

He was just reelected to the Senate in a tight (51-48) race...I doubt he would be interested in walking away from a seat he just fought for.

Yes I know. A thousand reasons to object. And one of those being his record on wanting to cut 100% aid to all foreign countries... But...

Where Giuliani oozes "slimeball" from every pore of his skin, Paul offers a mature, cordial and statesmen like temperament. He's the kind of guy who could get world leaders to relax just by entering the room. While at the same time, his record of firmness on resisting handouts to foreign countries means he'd be no pushover. Under Paul, they'd have to play by our rules and not the other way around if they wanted to stay at the trough. But at the same time he wouldn't be a dick about it...if that all makes sense?

Anyway, thought I'd put that out there. The SOS is probably the most important position in the cabinet. Best to think more than just another one of Trump's slimey friends..

I would much rather have him as Secretary of treasurer so he can audit the fed.

Forum List

Back