Rand Paul: Bashar Assad's man in Washington

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Madam President 2024

In my latest column, I suggested that the coming vote in Congress is one of the great moral and security moments of our time. I praised and criticized various Democrats and Republicans.

Now I focus on one Republican in particular, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), whose performance this week was shameless; and to a lesser degree, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whose hypocrisy in talking tough for two years and then voting against military action was a sad sight to behold.

Not long ago, Paul, who never served in the military, chastised Secretary of State John Kerry, a decorated war hero, for not remembering what combat is like. Is there any shame left in Republican presidential wannabes?

Every American should watch the discussion between Kerry and Paul at Tuesday's Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing. Kerry was authoritative, commanding and clear. Paul was confused, meandering and incoherent. The key moment was when Paul said nobody knows what the Syrians will do if Congress votes down the resolution.

Kerry replied: You bet we know; they will commit more crimes against humanity. Game, set. match for those who care about preventing more crimes against humanity.

Of course the Syrians will view a refusal of Congress to authorize action as a license to kill and maim and gas more women and children. Now Paul is considering whether to filibuster the resolution in the Senate. And he promises to peddle his Syria story in the House.

Not only is Bashar Assad rooting for Paul to win, now Paul is acting like Assad's lobbyist and working the House as well as the Senate in his bid to win votes in the 2016 Iowa caucus. It is incredible — and unseemly — and unworthy of the party of Ronald Reagan, who must be turning in his grave.

I have bent over backward to be fair to Rubio. I generally agree with the assessment of my colleague A.B. Stoddard in her recent column. Rubio's performance over Syria was a sad sight to behold. Rubio, who could have been an heir to Reagan, raises all 10 fingers to test the winds. He then moves from sounding firm and strong like Reagan on Syria to being a weather vane like Mitt Romney.

Kerry decorated war hero? I swear I'm going to lose it. that motherfucker shouldn't even be alive these days.

In my latest column, I suggested that the coming vote in Congress is one of the great moral and security moments of our time. I praised and criticized various Democrats and Republicans.

Now I focus on one Republican in particular, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), whose performance this week was shameless; and to a lesser degree, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whose hypocrisy in talking tough for two years and then voting against military action was a sad sight to behold.

Not long ago, Paul, who never served in the military, chastised Secretary of State John Kerry, a decorated war hero, for not remembering what combat is like. Is there any shame left in Republican presidential wannabes?

Every American should watch the discussion between Kerry and Paul at Tuesday's Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing. Kerry was authoritative, commanding and clear. Paul was confused, meandering and incoherent. The key moment was when Paul said nobody knows what the Syrians will do if Congress votes down the resolution.

Kerry replied: You bet we know; they will commit more crimes against humanity. Game, set. match for those who care about preventing more crimes against humanity.

Of course the Syrians will view a refusal of Congress to authorize action as a license to kill and maim and gas more women and children. Now Paul is considering whether to filibuster the resolution in the Senate. And he promises to peddle his Syria story in the House.

Not only is Bashar Assad rooting for Paul to win, now Paul is acting like Assad's lobbyist and working the House as well as the Senate in his bid to win votes in the 2016 Iowa caucus. It is incredible — and unseemly — and unworthy of the party of Ronald Reagan, who must be turning in his grave.

I have bent over backward to be fair to Rubio. I generally agree with the assessment of my colleague A.B. Stoddard in her recent column. Rubio's performance over Syria was a sad sight to behold. Rubio, who could have been an heir to Reagan, raises all 10 fingers to test the winds. He then moves from sounding firm and strong like Reagan on Syria to being a weather vane like Mitt Romney.

everyone needs a good lobbyist----I'm sure the Syrian has some big bucks to help out Mr. Paul. Maybe not as much as AIPAC but a pretty good sum nevertheless.

I will lose it over kerry. lying mother fucker. he hurt so many people. I hate that bastard and just because he marries some one of import and in of course the Kennedy realm he still exists. Oh god I hate him.

Kerry decorated war hero? I swear I'm going to lose it. that motherfucker shouldn't even be alive these days.

Yes. He is.

It's a shame that that fact upsets you so, but you'll have to live with it.

He made people spit on my friends who served. I'd......if I could get within reach of him.

Kerry made people spit on vets. Lying mother fucker.

I go blind I hate him so.

everyone needs a good lobbyist----I'm sure the Syrian has some big bucks to help out Mr. Paul. Maybe not as much as AIPAC but a pretty good sum nevertheless.
Do you even think about what you type? You are advocating that Paul receive campaign contributions from an enemy of this country? Someone who we may have to launch strikes against?

Truly disgusting.

Assad has always protected the Syrian Christians. obama has always supported slaughtering the Christians. It isn't a hard decisioj to make. Good for Rand Paul in standing up for what's right.

Yes. He is.

It's a shame that that fact upsets you so, but you'll have to live with it.

He made people spit on my friends who served. I'd......if I could get within reach of him.

Kerry made people spit on vets. Lying mother fucker.

I go blind I hate him so.
Nobody spit on vets. Stop being such a fucking drama queen.

John Kerry's combat experience totalled four months and he got a silver star for a paper cut.

I will lose it over kerry. lying mother fucker. he hurt so many people. I hate that bastard and just because he marries some one of import and in of course the Kennedy realm he still exists. Oh god I hate him.

The only people Kerry hurt, were the enemy.

Unlike Cheney.

Who's lying ass killed 100K innocent people.

Including women and kids.

Yet he couldn't stomach getting into the uniform himself.

John Kerry's combat experience totalled four months and he got a silver star for a paper cut.

That's a lie.

But not unusual coming from you.

A known liar.

were you in diapers while I was rioting against the war kid?
Truly. Give me your time baby or shut the fuck up.

I've had it with you Sallow give me what you were doing at the time. Kerry was a fucking liar.

and for anyone else there were two types of protestors.

Idiots who were against the war and really did believe the communists should win.

and the other ones of us who fought against the draft and saw too many of our friends sucked in.

I fought against the draft.

Hey dumb ass, the senate vote on military action was postponed so nobody in the senate cast a vote one way or the other. Maybe you should do a bit of due diligence before you post your commie propaganda.

Forum List

Back