Rand Paul: Bashar Assad's man in Washington

John Kerry's combat experience totalled four months and he got a silver star for a paper cut.

That's a lie.

But not unusual coming from you.

A known liar.

were you in diapers while I was rioting against the war kid?
Truly. Give me your time baby or shut the fuck up.

I've had it with you Sallow give me what you were doing at the time. Kerry was a fucking liar.

I'll join you in a protest if we do wind up going to war, with a sign saying:

"Bush didn't do it this time!"

I will try to count how many liberals come at me with blunt objects.

Yes. He is.

It's a shame that that fact upsets you so, but you'll have to live with it.

He made people spit on my friends who served. I'd......if I could get within reach of him.

Kerry made people spit on vets. Lying mother fucker.

I go blind I hate him so.
Nobody spit on vets. Stop being such a fucking drama queen.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, I personally saw it happen. And yes I am a Vietnam vet, I received both individual and unit citations there and I think kerry is scum.

I have bent over backward to be fair to Rubio. I generally agree with the assessment of my colleague A.B. Stoddard in her recent column. Rubio's performance over Syria was a sad sight to behold. Rubio, who could have been an heir to Reagan, raises all 10 fingers to test the winds. He then moves from sounding firm and strong like Reagan on Syria to being a weather vane like Mitt Romney.
For many voters in Florida familiar with Rubio, this comes as no surprise.

As for Paul, his ignorance and stupidity surprised no one.

If Rand Paul was taking the same stand with a Republican President which I have no doubt he would those here on the left who are trashing him would be praising him so kindly spare us this phony outrage bullshit your fooling no one except maybe yourself.

John Kerry's combat experience totalled four months and he got a silver star for a paper cut.

That's a lie.

But not unusual coming from you.

A known liar.

were you in diapers while I was rioting against the war kid?
Truly. Give me your time baby or shut the fuck up.

I've had it with you Sallow give me what you were doing at the time. Kerry was a fucking liar.

This is fucking retarded!

TD - what were you doing when Patton was fighting Germany? Oh, you weren't born yet? Then you know fuck-all about any of Patton's career!

I swear, the wingnuts get dumber each day.

He made people spit on my friends who served. I'd......if I could get within reach of him.

Kerry made people spit on vets. Lying mother fucker.

I go blind I hate him so.
Nobody spit on vets. Stop being such a fucking drama queen.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, I personally saw it happen. And yes I am a Vietnam vet, I received both individual and unit citations there and I think kerry is scum.

No you didn't.

In my latest column, I suggested that the coming vote in Congress is one of the great moral and security moments of our time. I praised and criticized various Democrats and Republicans.

Now I focus on one Republican in particular, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), whose performance this week was shameless; and to a lesser degree, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whose hypocrisy in talking tough for two years and then voting against military action was a sad sight to behold.

Not long ago, Paul, who never served in the military, chastised Secretary of State John Kerry, a decorated war hero, for not remembering what combat is like. Is there any shame left in Republican presidential wannabes?

Every American should watch the discussion between Kerry and Paul at Tuesday's Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing. Kerry was authoritative, commanding and clear. Paul was confused, meandering and incoherent. The key moment was when Paul said nobody knows what the Syrians will do if Congress votes down the resolution.

Kerry replied: You bet we know; they will commit more crimes against humanity. Game, set. match for those who care about preventing more crimes against humanity.

Of course the Syrians will view a refusal of Congress to authorize action as a license to kill and maim and gas more women and children. Now Paul is considering whether to filibuster the resolution in the Senate. And he promises to peddle his Syria story in the House.

Not only is Bashar Assad rooting for Paul to win, now Paul is acting like Assad's lobbyist and working the House as well as the Senate in his bid to win votes in the 2016 Iowa caucus. It is incredible — and unseemly — and unworthy of the party of Ronald Reagan, who must be turning in his grave.

I have bent over backward to be fair to Rubio. I generally agree with the assessment of my colleague A.B. Stoddard in her recent column. Rubio's performance over Syria was a sad sight to behold. Rubio, who could have been an heir to Reagan, raises all 10 fingers to test the winds. He then moves from sounding firm and strong like Reagan on Syria to being a weather vane like Mitt Romney.

Frankly--I disagree with you 100% and I am a registered Republican. Right now polls are showing that the overwhelming majority of Americans--those on the right--the left and the middle are strongly against any strike against Syria. This is a major bi-partisan agreement that we haven't seen since 9/11.

So you're the loner on this one. We had to fight our own civil war--and we have no business entering someone else's--and I think Rand Paul made my sentiment very clear.

The middle east has a history of secular wars between tribes--and the one thing that unites them is a foreign enemy. If we leave them alone they will kill off each other--if we get involved in their mess's--they will unite to fight (US).

It wasn't that long ago--that John Kerry was on the stage--bashing our military for breaking down doors--scaring women and children in the dark of the night- in Iraq-and what he did regarding Viet Nam is deplorable. No John Kerry is no hero--he's nothing more than a hypocrite--with a few nonsense medals that he received for being in Viet Nam for less than 3 months. Mr. I voted for it, before I voted against it, is a joke. He has done a flip-flop on his own policy of not engaging because he is now a member of the Obama administration,and Obama wanted a strike.

WAKE UP! We can no longer spend blood and treasure to be the world police, and if we are the world police--then foreign countries can pay off our 17 trillion in red ink--and pay for our military might. And nothing less than that--should get us into other people's mess's. Furthermore--WE ARE NOT the only super power country that is more than capable of kicking Assad's ass.

Last edited:

In my latest column, I suggested that the coming vote in Congress is one of the great moral and security moments of our time. I praised and criticized various Democrats and Republicans.

Now I focus on one Republican in particular, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), whose performance this week was shameless; and to a lesser degree, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whose hypocrisy in talking tough for two years and then voting against military action was a sad sight to behold.

Not long ago, Paul, who never served in the military, chastised Secretary of State John Kerry, a decorated war hero, for not remembering what combat is like. Is there any shame left in Republican presidential wannabes?

Every American should watch the discussion between Kerry and Paul at Tuesday's Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing. Kerry was authoritative, commanding and clear. Paul was confused, meandering and incoherent. The key moment was when Paul said nobody knows what the Syrians will do if Congress votes down the resolution.

Kerry replied: You bet we know; they will commit more crimes against humanity. Game, set. match for those who care about preventing more crimes against humanity.

Of course the Syrians will view a refusal of Congress to authorize action as a license to kill and maim and gas more women and children. Now Paul is considering whether to filibuster the resolution in the Senate. And he promises to peddle his Syria story in the House.

Not only is Bashar Assad rooting for Paul to win, now Paul is acting like Assad's lobbyist and working the House as well as the Senate in his bid to win votes in the 2016 Iowa caucus. It is incredible — and unseemly — and unworthy of the party of Ronald Reagan, who must be turning in his grave.

Frankly--I disagree with you 100% and I am a registered Republican. Right now polls are showing that the overwhelming majority of Americans--those on the right--the left and the middle are strongly against any strike against Syria. This is a major bi-partisan agreement that we haven't seen since 9/11.

So you're the loner on this one. We had to fight our own civil war--and we have no business entering someone else's--and I think Rand Paul made my sentiment very clear.

The middle east has a history of secular wars between tribes--and the one thing that unites them is a foreign enemy. If we leave them alone they will kill off each other--if we get involved in their mess's--they will unite to fight (US).

It wasn't that long ago--that John Kerry was on the stage--bashing our military for breaking down doors--scaring women and children in the dark of the night- in Iraq-and what he did regarding Viet Nam is deplorable. No John Kerry is no hero--he's nothing more than a hypocrite--with a few nonsense medals that he received for being in Viet Nam for less than 3 months. He has done a flip-flop on his own policy of not engaging because he is now a member of the Obama administration.

WAKE UP! We can no longer spend blood and treasure to be the world police, and if we are the world police--then foreign countries can pay off our 17 trillion in red ink--and pay for our military might. And nothing less than that--should get us into other people's mess's. Furthermore--WE ARE NOT the only super power country that is more than capable of kicking Assad's ass.
If we don't stand against chemical weapons in Syria it won't be long until we fall from chemical weapons in New York.

Kerry decorated war hero? I swear I'm going to lose it. that motherfucker shouldn't even be alive these days.

Yes. He is.

It's a shame that that fact upsets you so, but you'll have to live with it.

"Decorated" with 'costume medals'

Besides, I thought he threw them over the WH fence years ago
Why are Right-Wingers, who claim to revere our military, so eager to call them dupes, or worse, when it comes to them awarding Kerry's medals?

It wasn't that long ago--that John Kerry was on the stage--bashing our military for breaking down doors--scaring women and children in the dark of the night- in Iraq-and what he did regarding Viet Nam is deplorable. No John Kerry is no hero--he's nothing more than a hypocrite--with a few nonsense medals that he received for being in Viet Nam for less than 3 months. He has done a flip-flop on his own policy of not engaging because he is now a member of the Obama administration.

If we don't stand against chemical weapons in Syria it won't be long until we fall from chemical weapons in New York.

Bullshit--been there done that. I'll bet you were one of the little liberal thumb-suckers on this board--that did nothing but complain about Iraq over the last decade--crying where is the WMD? It might interest you to know that John Kerry was the chairman of the Senate Intelligence committee at the time he voted to invade Iraq--of course this was before he made the infamous statement "I voted for it, before I voted against it."

You're very young--because you know nothing about John Kerry--he is an insult to every single Viet Nam Veteran--(my husband being one of them)--and he's a slap in the face to anyone who wears a United States military uniform. The guy is a total jerk-off--only spending a few short months in Viet Nam and walking out uninjured with 20 pounds of medals around his neck.

KerryBunnysalute1.jpg

Forum List

Back