Rand Paul: Bashar Assad's man in Washington

Not "them".
Just Kerry.
And, only because of the dubious means he came by his medals.
You're saying he pulled one over on the Navy? Really? :lol:

Don't have to fool the entire Navy.
Just one idiot of a CO (they're out there)

They gave out medals in the late 60s and early 70s in Vietnam like candy because it was at that point an unpopular war and they wanted to keep up morale. Kerry still got turned down for one of his purple hearts and got it when he got a new CO and put himself in for it again.

Getting three purple hearts without missing a day of service and then using it as a technicality to get out of Vietnam in only 4 months was cowardice, not heroic. One of them for shrapnel from his own gun which he got by screwing up.

Then he went on to testify that he and most Vietnam vets were war criminals and they lived every day every story he'd ever heard, he said he threw his ribbons that he still had over the white house fence. He perjured himself and said that he'd personally seen the US enter Cambodia. Kerry was a liar and a fraud. The left believe he's a hero because he says what they want to hear, not because of anything he did in a war.

Last edited:

They gave out medals in the late 60s and early 70s in Vietnam like candy because it was at that point an unpopular war and they wanted to keep up morale. Kerry still got turned down for one of his purple hearts and got it when he got a new CO and put himself in for it again.

Getting three purple hearts without missing a day of service and then using it as a technicality to get out of Vietnam in only 4 months was cowardice, not heroic. One of them for shrapnel from his own gun which he got by screwing up.

Then he went on to testify that he and most Vietnam vets were war criminals and they lived every day every story he'd ever heard, he said he threw his ribbons that he still had over the white house fence. He perjured himself and said that he'd personally seen the US enter Cambodia. Kerry was a liar and a fraud. The left believe he's a hero because he says what they want to hear, not because of anything he did in a war.

In the Navy, if you survived Mess Call you could be considered for a Medal. Especially if they ran out of Ice Cream. That was goddam near reason for mutiny.

Viet Nam was a ground War. There weren't any Vietnamese Battleships. Or Aircraft Carriers. Or Submarines. Or Destroyers or Cruisers.

The Navy was a fringe player relegated to close air support for Marines and the occasional Haiphong run.

SEALs....? Nobody saw them doing what they did. Kinda tough to put yourself in for a Medal without witnesses. Not picking on SEALs. Damned fine troops.

John Kerry? A scumbag, a liar, a traitor and a coward

In the Navy, if you survived Mess Call you could be considered for a Medal. Especially if they ran out of Ice Cream. That was goddam near reason for mutiny.

Viet Nam was a ground War. There weren't any Vietnamese Battleships. Or Aircraft Carriers. Or Submarines. Or Destroyers or Cruisers.

The Navy was a fringe player relegated to close air support for Marines and the occasional Haiphong run.

SEALs....? Nobody saw them doing what they did. Kinda tough to put yourself in for a Medal without witnesses. Not picking on SEALs. Damned fine troops.

My brother went to the naval academy. Graduated in 90, long after the Vietnam war. Though he was in Gulf War I. He told me Vietnam vets told him that Platoon was accurate, but as the extreme. Those things happened, but not to most soldiers and if they did then they were their most extreme experience there. The only objection they had to the movie was the movie portrayed it as a normal day in Vietnam.

Kerry, on the other hand, according to Kerry witnessed all of that for four constant months. And to your point he did it sitting on a boat in a river. Apparently he had plenty of time to read, and write, fiction. If he told me it was sunny outside, I would take an umbrella anyway.

My brother went to the naval academy. Graduated in 90, long after the Vietnam war. Though he was in Gulf War I. He told me Vietnam vets told him that Platoon was accurate, but as the extreme. Those things happened, but not to most soldiers and if they did then they were their most extreme experience there. The only objection they had to the movie was the movie portrayed it as a normal day in Vietnam.

Kerry, on the other hand, according to Kerry witnessed all of that for four constant months. And to your point he did it sitting on a boat in a river. Apparently he had plenty of time to read, and write, fiction. If he told me it was sunny outside, I would take an umbrella anyway.

I spent two years in Viet Nam.

I will tell you this.... Every man that served has a different story to tell. Every experience was different.

Platoon?

Hollywood has never and will never be able to get a handle on what War is really like.

The closest thing to accuracy I've seen is "Hamburger Hill"

A terrible movie but an accurate movie... As much as a movie can be accurate when trying to portray conditions experienced by War Fighters.

"We were Soldiers" was good. Real good. Had it not been for the phony fucking bullshit 'humanization' of the NVA in some of the scenes.

That battle was fought exactly where I was stationed (afterwards, not during the battle). Plei Me. I hid in some of those old Bomb Craters more than once..... :)

It was the biggest and costliest Battle of the entire War.

I find the left's fear of Rand Paul amusing.
Yeah, we fear her the same way we feared Fred, Sarah, Herman, Newt, and The Donald.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Leave it to a wingnut to shit on the U.S. military.

Wait.....I thought you were defending Kerry?

without a word of a lie..........................

what are you doing?

I cannot believe this.

what are you doing?

I cannot believe this.

:eusa_shhh:
they are so stupid while being a two faced hypocrite

I dont see the connection. Did you progressives not know Rand is a Paul? they are Famous for the sticking your head in the sand world view. So his standing against any strike in Syria is a given. He happens to be right on this one. There is nothing to be gained. Hell Even Obama knows this thus his backtracking and lying about about what he said. I very seldom EVER agree with a Paul on anything not economics but I do here. Obama has made us look weak and stupid and bombing for bombing sakes will make it worse.

<sigh> Another neocon heard from. Rattle the saber and grab the oil, all the while waxing self-righteous.

I'm glad their time is coming to an end.

I dont see the connection. Did you progressives not know Rand is a Paul? they are Famous for the sticking your head in the sand world view. So his standing against any strike in Syria is a given. He happens to be right on this one. There is nothing to be gained. Hell Even Obama knows this thus his backtracking and lying about about what he said. I very seldom EVER agree with a Paul on anything not economics but I do here. Obama has made us look weak and stupid and bombing for bombing sakes will make it worse.

<sigh> Another neocon heard from. Rattle the saber and grab the oil, all the while waxing self-righteous.

I'm glad their time is coming to an end.

Da--Duh--there is no Oil in Syria--:lol::lol: And for that matter "What Oil have we grabbed in the last 60 years?" Albeit--we should have grabbed it.

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

And along with that--61% of the American public agree with Rand Paul--and no strike on Syria. In that 61% it is major bi-partisan group--the right--the left--and the middle of this country.

We are sick and tired of being the world police--while every other country sits back and lets us spill our blood and pay for it with our treasure.

You're the loner on this one--:lol:

Last edited:

what are you doing?

I cannot believe this.

The way you got out of Viet Nam--(like Kerry did)--was go there for a few short months-obtain 3 purple hearts--you're out of Nam forever. No re-deploy back to it anyway.

Kerry refused to release his military medical records (during his run for President in 2004) to indicate exactly what injuries he sustained during those 3-1/2 months he served in Viet Nam. But we do know he came back very healthy with a good tan--only to bad mouth the others that were still there. He was the male version of Jane Fonda--and he will be remembered as such by every single Viet Nam veteran in this country.

That's your war hero---:lol::lol::lol:

kerry0426.jpg

Last edited:

what are you doing?

I cannot believe this.

The way you got out of Viet Nam--(like Kerry did)--was go there for a few short months-obtain 3 purple hearts--you're out of Nam forever. No re-deploy back to it anyway.

Kerry refused to release his military medical records (during his run for President in 2004) to indicate exactly what injuries he sustained during those 3-1/2 months he served in Viet Nam. But we do know he came back very healthy with a good tan--only to bad mouth the others that were still there. He was the male version of Jane Fonda--and he will be remembered as such by every single Viet Nam veteran in this country.

That's your war hero---:lol::lol::lol:

kerry0426.jpg

oh I know it...and I also think Obama put him in high office is to slap the people in the face who called Kerry a traitor...Obama is vindictive that way...his cronies he has picked for all these offices no qualification needed...just scratch Obama back he'll scratch theirs...

Forum List

Back