🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul: 'I am running for president'

For Rand Paul, it's all led to this moment.

Since riding the tea party wave into the Senate in 2010, Paul has carefully built a brand of mainstream libertarianism -- dogged advocacy of civil liberties combined with an anti-interventionist foreign policy and general support for family values -- that he bets will create a coalition of younger voters and traditional Republicans to usher him into the White House.

The test of that theory begins Tuesday when the Kentucky senator is expected to make official what has been clear for years: He's running for president.

The formal announcement will come at a rally in Louisville and he'll immediately hit the campaign trail, swinging through New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa and Nevada -- the states that traditionally vote first in the primaries and caucuses.
Election 2016 Rand Paul poised to launch campaign - CNN.com

No shock here, but Ashley Killough apparently has no idea what an "anti-interventionist foreign policy" looks like if she's claiming Rand has supported it.
Paul is good. He seems to be more reasonable choice than this Canadian anti-homosexual Cruz or fascist Clinton.
I don't his chances for gaining the victory in the Elections.
But I would rather vote for him.

Since riding the tea party wave into the Senate in 2010, Paul has carefully built a brand of mainstream libertarianism -- dogged advocacy of civil liberties combined with an anti-interventionist foreign policy and general support for family values -- that he bets will create a coalition of younger voters and traditional Republicans to usher him into the White House.

The test of that theory begins Tuesday when the Kentucky senator is expected to make official what has been clear for years: He's running for president.

The formal announcement will come at a rally in Louisville and he'll immediately hit the campaign trail, swinging through New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa and Nevada -- the states that traditionally vote first in the primaries and caucuses.

No shock here, but Ashley Killough apparently has no idea what an "anti-interventionist foreign policy" looks like if she's claiming Rand has supported it.
Paul is good. He seems to be more reasonable choice than this Canadian anti-homosexual Cruz or fascist Clinton.

If he won't invest in America = a deal breaker. We don't want a destroyer of the public sector!

he might force the Repubs to discuss why they gladly hand over civil rights/4th Amendment protections to Big Gov't

You know he's not a Libertarian like his dad, don't you?

Well Rand did say that gay marriage is a "moral crisis." So he's competing with Cruz for the "anti-homosexual" vote.

Known that for several years now.

It is fantastic news for the Hillary camp.
Like Perot, he will ferry votes away from the GOP.
Unfortunately, people don't listen to reason. They yay-rah for the team...and if your not on the team...your ignored and considered "crazy".

But you support him anyway? Half a loaf?

Not that Chuck Todd is worth taking seriously on any issue, but Rand does have a habit of lashing out at women reporters who ask him a difficult question.

NBC Host Rand Paul Has Habit Of Attacking Women Reporters The Daily Caller

Not a good image to have if he wants to go up against Hillary in a general.
Chuck Todd is excellent as a number-cruncher/poll dissector, etc. He's terrible as an interviewer/host. Like so many MSM he never asks the obvious question, or any question that causes real discomfort.

There is a legitimate question regarding Paul's temperament and whether he is too emotional to be POTUS.

Not that Chuck Todd is worth taking seriously on any issue, but Rand does have a habit of lashing out at women reporters who ask him a difficult question.

Chuck Todd is excellent as a number-cruncher/poll dissector, etc. He's terrible as an interviewer/host. Like so many MSM he never asks the obvious question, or any question that causes real discomfort.

There is a legitimate question regarding Paul's temperament and whether he is too emotional to be POTUS.
the one thing he may have had going for himself, was his likability. His policies, as they have "evolved" were interesting, but not enough to get someone to "take the chance". His likability was going to be his advantage.

Not any more.

the one thing he may have had going for himself, was his likability. His policies, as they have "evolved" were interesting, but not enough to get someone to "take the chance". His likability was going to be his advantage.

Not any more.
It's one of Chris Christie's biggest problems, also. You can't be combative with everyone and retain likability. At least with Mitt, regardless of whether you hated his policies, you had a hard time hating the man.

Not any more.
It's one of Chris Christie's biggest problems, also. You can't be combative with everyone and retain likability. At least with Mitt, regardless of whether you hated his policies, you had a hard time hating the man.
Christie has a way of getting away with it to a certain degree. It is who he is; and he presents in a way where he is saying "I don't care if you don't like this side of me, but it is who I am and as governor, it will prove to be a benefit to the success of my administration.

As a conservative, I want every single GOP candidate to shine. Everyone of them. I so wanted to see the tape of that interview so I could point out where he did nothing wrong and it was nothing but a liberal media faux outrage thing.

So I saw the interview.

While the interviewer was great, he was a dick. She asked a valid question and he tried to bully her into backtracking her approach.

I did not like him at all during that interview. He came across as a pompous ass, and I believe he gave the democratic candidate fodder to use against whoever the GOP candidate is.

I suggest all GOPers start to separate themselves from him. He screwed up big time.

But you support him anyway? Half a loaf?
Have you read this thread at all? I don't support Rand Paul. I supported him in 2010 when he ran for Senate, but when he started voting for sanctions against Iran and saying that Guantanamo Bay needs to stay open I knew the writing was on the wall.

I agree.

I'm inclined to support Paul in the primaries but may not due mainly to this reason. Several months ago, he was dredging up the old Monica BS against Hillary, which looked very un-Presidential.

also his recent response to a question about abortion was way over-the-top shameless pandering to the overly emotional fear and loathing crowd... not what i had hope for out of him...

Forum List

Back