🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rand Paul: I was prescribed opioids, but i'm staying away from them in order to not get hooked

GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE YOUR MEDS PRESCRIBED TO YOU BY YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely

Elvis
Heath Ledger
Whitney Houston
Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson had a problem that would have killed him without the drugs he was proscribed. The drugs would have killed him in the end, or the problem he had, either way he was a dead man walking.

He was using the anesthetic propofol as a sleeping aid. That's the stuff they put you under for major surgery.

Unless it was fentanyl it's nothing to worry about, opium and it's derivatives are excellent pain killers.
You forgot "highly addictive".

So what? As adults can buy and legally use several highly addictive substances without a prescription any time we want. My wife has debilitating chronic back pain. She's been on the same amount of Hydro-codone for years with no adverse effects. Without them she is nearly bed ridden.
Where is it that you don't need a prescription for hydrocodone?

No where in this country. She has a prescription.

Alcohol withdrawals can be deadly.

Unless it was fentanyl it's nothing to worry about, opium and it's derivatives are excellent pain killers.

So what? As adults can buy and legally use several highly addictive substances without a prescription any time we want. My wife has debilitating chronic back pain. She's been on the same amount of Hydro-codone for years with no adverse effects. Without them she is nearly bed ridden.

Really! Not being a person that drinks, I have to rely on your expertise. So how bad is alcohol withdrawal? You tell us.

Last year I had surgery on the bones and nerves of my foot. The doctor would not prescribe any pain medication at all. He told me to take tylenol and benedryl. It was excruciating, simply excruciating. You wait it out. The same way people did 100 or 200 years ago.

Really! Not being a person that drinks, I have to rely on your expertise. So how bad is alcohol withdrawal? You tell us.

LOL I have never been addicted to it so I have no personal expertise on the matter. I would only drink when I would take a few hits of LSD so......</sarcasm>

LOL I have never been addicted to it so I have no personal expertise on the matter. I would only drink when I would take a few hits of LSD so......</sarcasm>

Then you are ahead of me. I don't drink at all and never have. Getting drunk is like getting high.

Then you are ahead of me. I don't drink at all and never have. Getting drunk is like getting high.

How would you know if you've never been either?

How would you know if you've never been either?
observation

Note to liberals,

Life and happiness are possible without narcotics.

I have no problem with teetotalers. Unless of course they are so self righteous that they demand everyone else be one too.

My wife absolutely refuses to have back surgery because of what happened to her brother. What other choice does she have? Debilitating back pain or pain relievers, the best of which is the dreaded new but old, public enemy number one, the opioids.

Note to liberals,

Life and happiness are possible without narcotics.

I have no problem with teetotalers. Unless of course they are so self righteous that they demand everyone else be one too.

My wife absolutely refuses to have back surgery because of what happened to her brother. What other choice does she have? Debilitating back pain or pain relievers, the best of which is the dreaded new but old, public enemy number one, the opioids.

That's really a tough one. I have always been required to just white knuckle it through. So I have.

Last year I had surgery on the bones and nerves of my foot. The doctor would not prescribe any pain medication at all. He told me to take tylenol and benedryl. It was excruciating, simply excruciating. You wait it out. The same way people did 100 or 200 years ago.
Bullshit.

GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE YOUR MEDS PRESCRIBED TO YOU BY YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely

Elvis
Heath Ledger
Whitney Houston
Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson had a problem that would have killed him without the drugs he was proscribed. The drugs would have killed him in the end, or the problem he had, either way he was a dead man walking.

He was using the anesthetic propofol as a sleeping aid. That's the stuff they put you under for major surgery.

Yes, and why?

Because he had a problem sleeping. Basically if you can't sleep, you die. So you take drugs, but the effectiveness of the drug wears down over time. This is a problem because it means you need more drugs to keep you alive. At the end of the day, you're going to die from one or the other.

Now, whether Jackson had this, it remains to be see.

Potentially he died from other drugs rather those he was prescribed which he got from other sources, or from his doctor. It's one of those things you're never really going to know.

This is typical of how conservatives view life, if they 'did it' or 'didn't do it' then everyone else should 'do it' or 'not do it'.

If you've ever had severe pain you understand that anyone making this 'just say no' crap statement is clueless. When you have REAL pain there aren't other considerations, just the pain.

Forum List

Back