🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rangers Shutout Les Habs!

How are we supposed to win when we have to battle the Kings and the officials?????

1. "Let’s start with the officiating, since that’s the elephant in the room. I have no idea how Benoit Pouliot can get whistled for goaltender interference, but Dwight King doesn’t on the exact same kind of play. King scored the third goal for the Kings, sparking their comeback. I’m not big on blaming the officiating for wins and losses, but this one was especially bad...that one single play may have cost the Rangers a Stanley Cup."

2. "Then there’s that absurd rule about the puck over the glass. First, I hate the rule, get rid of it. Second, if it’s in the rulebook –which it is– you need to call it. I have no idea what the refs saw, and how they explained that puck hit the glass. It didn’t."
PuckCentral.net

Would have been a Kings penalty....and the winning goal would not have been scored immediately after.

The goaltender interference was a bang-bang call. Even with the benefit of slow motion, there is disagreement. I think Barry Melrose (ESPN) said it should've been disallowed and Jeremy Roenick (NBCSN) said it was a good goal.

The puck did hit the glass. You could definitively see it on one of the first replays (if not the first replay). The puck hit the glass and then changed direction. Both announcers were as blind as bats and really stoking the fire by saying they didn't see it. It was pretty obvious to me though. Though later, inexplicably the one announcer said he saw it on the one replay and not the other even though he had never claimed to have seen it before.... On the other replays, I wasn't seeing it. But on the cross-ice replay; I definitely saw the puck hit the glass and then change directions.

I actually like the rule. It might seem harsh. But if it wasn't in place, players would constantly be knocking the puck into stands to stifle attacks. The hockey would be not nearly as exciting.

What got me rattled was the unwillingness of the officials to go to the video replay to see if King should have gotten the interference call, and disallowed the goal. I agree that interference on the goalkeeper does not allow for video replay, however, a disputed goal does. Video replay is used all the time for disputed goals, but for some reason not here? This is the Stanley Cup finals, not a prelim game. When unsure on any play, especially if it involves a goal, video replay is a must.

Part of rule 69, "Interference on the Goalkeeper" states that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Hope the officiating is better in game 3!

Goaltender interference is not a reviewable call by rule. So, it's not a matter of 'unwillingness.'

How are we supposed to win when we have to battle the Kings and the officials?????

1. "Let’s start with the officiating, since that’s the elephant in the room. I have no idea how Benoit Pouliot can get whistled for goaltender interference, but Dwight King doesn’t on the exact same kind of play. King scored the third goal for the Kings, sparking their comeback. I’m not big on blaming the officiating for wins and losses, but this one was especially bad...that one single play may have cost the Rangers a Stanley Cup."

2. "Then there’s that absurd rule about the puck over the glass. First, I hate the rule, get rid of it. Second, if it’s in the rulebook –which it is– you need to call it. I have no idea what the refs saw, and how they explained that puck hit the glass. It didn’t."
PuckCentral.net

Would have been a Kings penalty....and the winning goal would not have been scored immediately after.

The goaltender interference was a bang-bang call. Even with the benefit of slow motion, there is disagreement. I think Barry Melrose (ESPN) said it should've been disallowed and Jeremy Roenick (NBCSN) said it was a good goal.

The puck did hit the glass. You could definitively see it on one of the first replays (if not the first replay). The puck hit the glass and then changed direction. Both announcers were as blind as bats and really stoking the fire by saying they didn't see it. It was pretty obvious to me though. Though later, inexplicably the one announcer said he saw it on the one replay and not the other even though he had never claimed to have seen it before.... On the other replays, I wasn't seeing it. But on the cross-ice replay; I definitely saw the puck hit the glass and then change directions.

I actually like the rule. It might seem harsh. But if it wasn't in place, players would constantly be knocking the puck into stands to stifle attacks. The hockey would be not nearly as exciting.

The reason why they put the rule in ~15 years ago was because when hockey really, really sucked, coaches were telling their players to fire it into the crowd to alleviate pressure in their own end.

So it is definitely a good rule.

I was gonna travel tomorrow; then I realized that I don't want to miss a potential sweep. However, the Kings were up 3-0 against the NJ Devils and they lost two in a row before closing them out in Game 6.

Three of my pals are working on a little present for the Kings:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQoFm8hbI4]Double, Double Toil and Trouble - YouTube[/ame]

BTW...as we speak, Pierre McGuire just interviewed, stated that the interference should not have given the Kings that goal.

He's correct.

And the puck went over the glass.....

Rangers in seven!!!

Quick is so hot right now the Rangers couldn't score if they used a curling stone in place of a puck....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQIolHRd_FU]Hockey bloopers if you watch this 100 times it will still be funny - YouTube[/ame]

Los Angeles
Kings(3-1-0)

New York
Rangers(1-3-0)
Recap - Box Score

Did you see those two pucks stop......refuse to cross the goal line???????????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G3LIXv_PoM]aly & aj - do you believe in magic + lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm a Flyers fan but cheering on Jeff Carter and Mike Richards is the next best thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQW3HzIE550]2012 Winter Classic - New York Rangers 3 Vs Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Penalty Shot: Daniel Briere - YouTube[/ame]

This series should be 2-2!

"The referees in the Stanley Cup Finals may have taken the Stanley Cup right out of the hands of the New York Rangers. The officiating has been inconsistent during the entire Stanley Cup playoffs. The third Los Angeles Kings goals scored when Dwight King fell into Henrik Lundqvist. Not allowing him to move or react to the shot may have cost the New York Rangers the series. Only five times in forty-eight Stanley Cup series has a team won the cup after trailing two games to none in the first two games. The call for goaltender interference at 7:07 of the second period on Benoit Pouliot was made while the puck was nowhere near the crease. Yet a player on the Los Angeles Kings was able to impede our goaltender from reacting to a shot, on a goal scored in a finals game."
PuckCentral.net

"The referees in the Stanley Cup Finals may have taken the Stanley Cup right out of the hands of the New York Rangers. The officiating has been inconsistent during the entire Stanley Cup playoffs. The third Los Angeles Kings goals scored when Dwight King fell into Henrik Lundqvist. Not allowing him to move or react to the shot may have cost the New York Rangers the series. Only five times in forty-eight Stanley Cup series has a team won the cup after trailing two games to none in the first two games. The call for goaltender interference at 7:07 of the second period on Benoit Pouliot was made while the puck was nowhere near the crease. Yet a player on the Los Angeles Kings was able to impede our goaltender from reacting to a shot, on a goal scored in a finals game."
PuckCentral.net

The Rangers got away with murder last night. It all evens out in the end.

Have to cheer myself up.....(btw, Flyers fans won....)....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1vkQNAL9o]Flyers Rangers fans fight at Game 6 - YouTube[/ame]

PuckCentral.net

The Rangers got away with murder last night. It all evens out in the end.

The third period....a twenty minute power play!

Santería is the only explanation for the win!
Did you feel the pin?

PuckCentral.net

Didn't that NY defensive man cover up the puck with his hand in the crease in Game 4? Had the refs called that; it would've been a penalty shot, and the Kings may have tied up the game. You can argue that the refs missed that crease call in Game 2; but the refs will never make all the right calls. Just be glad it's not like the NBA where they cheat as much as the day is long.

Forum List

Back