Rank these 6 Car companies??

In my experience Toyota and Honda are the best value and longest lasting cars

The Wife and I wont own anything else.
Her last 4Runner went 275,000 miles with nothing but normal maintenance a water pump and a driveshaft.
I want a new vehicle more often since I beat the shit out of em but my 2007 FJ was a workhorse.
I wheeled the shit out of it and got 14k for it on trade in for a 2016 Tundra.
View attachment 459367
View attachment 459368
That is a nice house !!
Do u need such a huge truck for work. ??

Nah...I've been retired for 8 years now.
I do however need to tow the camper and SxS.....
AC3CC573-73CD-4F79-AC15-ED68B39EDAAB.jpeg

02704AE6-6BCF-4856-B9FB-8748F857D33E.jpeg

1. Mercedes
2. Infinity
3. BMW

I've owned six Mercedes, three Lexus and two Infinity cars over a period of 40 years.

Mercedes are generally bulletproof as long as you perform the maintenance on schedule. Can't beat thd comfort and they retain greater value over a longer time frame than most makes.

The Lexus lineup is top notch, and the maintenance costs are generally less.

I would never advise anyone to buy a BMW. Bought one for my wife some years ago and it's been like nursing a cancer patient.
Will likely replace it with a Mercedes or Lexus.

These were two of my favorite Mercedes. The black one I still drive, and the silver one belonged to my dad. After he passed back in 2006, I restored it and keep it garaged between weekend outings.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1602174519252.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602174519252.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1602174130624.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602174130624.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 7
1. Mercedes
2. Infinity
3. BMW

I've owned six Mercedes, three Lexus and two Infinity cars over a period of 40 years.

Mercedes are generally bulletproof as long as you perform the maintenance on schedule. Can't beat thd comfort and they retain greater value over a longer time frame than most makes.

I would never advise anyone to buy a BMW. Bought one for my wife some years ago and it's been like nursing a cancer patient.

These were two of my favorite Mercedes. The black one I still drive, and the silver one belonged to my dad. After he passed back in 2006, I restored it and keep it garaged between weekend outings.
What about Acura or Audi ??

Seems everyone agrees that Mercedes is in top

Still getting mixed reviews on the 3 Japanese cars

1. Mercedes
2. Infinity
3. BMW

What about Acura or Audi ??
I've never owned either, however my brother in law has a new Audi A8, and many years ago owned an Acura. He liked the Acura a lot, but he does not like the Audi at all. I know a few other people that have owned Audis, and most of their experiences were not good.

Her last 4Runner went 275,000 miles with nothing but normal maintenance a water pump and a driveshaft.
I want a new vehicle more often since I beat the shit out of em but my 2007 FJ was a workhorse.
View attachment 459367
View attachment 459368
That is a nice house !!

View attachment 459373
View attachment 459375

Sweet looking Lance camper!!

We are looking to upgrade from our hardside popup to either a Lance or a Coachman travel trailer in the next year.

You mean a Toyota.
Lexus has their own dealerships, they operate independently of toyota. I have a toyota also, the Lexus is better and the service at Lexus is better IMO.

They're just a fancy version of a Toyota with some performance upgrades. The Lexus v8 is the same motor used in Tundras with beefer rods and a few other upgrades which allow it to rev higher.
They do make some really nice sports cars no doubt.

View attachment 459367
View attachment 459368
That is a nice house !!

View attachment 459373
View attachment 459375

Sweet looking Lance camper!!

We are looking to upgrade from our hardside popup to either a Lance or a Coachman travel trailer in the next year.

The Lances are pricey but you cant beat their quality.
We looked at the AirStreams and while they're very nice we didnt like the floor plan options.

You won't find a better engineered car than an Infinity.

Mercedes is up there as well.
The Wifes 300 went for over 500k before we got rid of it. The wood on the dash actually had aluminum sandwiched between to keep them from splintering in an accident.
The engine is set on tracks that would drive the motor into the ground rather than into your lap in a bad front end accident.
The one thing I really liked was they used a geared/ratchet type bracket for adjusting the belts. No more crowbar to hold it in place when you tightened the bolt down.

Buy an Acura , Audi , BMW , Infinity , Mercedes, if your mechanic is a good friend that you like to visit regularly, and want to financially help support his business.
But if you buy a Lexus (or any Toyota) be sure to write down your mechanic's name and address to help you remember where his shop is located.
Because you'll rarely see him, unless his shop does your car's oil changes. .... :cool:

Last edited:
Seems everyone has Mercedes at the top spot

But they do have the same problem as BMW....the cost to work on them is outrageous!!!!

Best bet is to find an independent factory trained Mercedes mechanic.

That way while the maintenance is still expensive, it's far less than going straight to the dealer.

When my mechanic(who worked for them for 15 years) told me that the dealers have a 300% markup on parts, that explained how they get what they charge.....and why he has so many loyal customers.

But they do have the same problem as BMW....the cost to work on them is outrageous!!!!

That way while the maintenance is still expensive, it's far less than going straight to the dealer.

When my mechanic(who worked for them for 15 years) told me that the dealers have a 300% markup on parts, that explained how they get what they charge.....and why he has so many loyal customers.

Had a buddy who was a Rolls Royce mechanic and he was bringing in 180k a year!!!!!
He said they were a joy to work on because everything from the factory was absolutely perfect!

Had a buddy who was a Rolls Royce mechanic and he was bringing in 180k a year!!!!!
He said they were a joy to work on because everything from the factory was absolutely perfect!

My mechanic is also a part time pilot and works on airplane engines as a hobby. He did say once that Rolls Royce engines are the best in the world to work on.

I've owned a Lexus for 15 years 208,000 miles and it drives perfectly. I've owned 10 other vehicles of various makes and none came close to the Lexus quality. I don't know about the other 5 luxury makes you listed.

A Lexus is built in one assembly line and a Toyota is built on the one net to it. They have almost the exact same parts. the same for Nissan and Infiniti, and Acura ad Honda, . Fords and Lincolns are built tgether,as well as Mazdas. All you get with the luxury car designation is more bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Personally, I only buy and drive Toyota car's and truck's.
They are extremely reliable, require very little maintenance, and can easily last 300+ miles.
I only use Mobil 1 synthetic oil, like Interstate batteries, and have had good luck with Michelin tires.
Toyota's uses the superior Pink colored OAT (organic acid technology) antifreeze in their cars.
Good for 100,000 miles or 10 years before needing to be flushed and changed with new coolant.
Two mechanic's I know said they've never had to replace a Toyota automatic transmission. ... :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back