Rapidan Dam in "imminent failure condition"

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
All that debris is blocking the flood gates, so the water bypassed the dam. Hopefully it can hold until the water levels drop. More rain on the way for Minnesota tonight, too.

All that debris is blocking the flood gates, so the water bypassed the dam. Hopefully it can hold until the water levels drop. More rain on the way for Minnesota tonight, too.

Thanks.

My part of the Midwest has missed most of the worst damage, but yeah, parts of Iowa and Minnesota are devastated.

Minnesota and Wisconsin have been getting hammered by storms (along with Iowa) and they are also hitting Chicago. Another one inbound overnight.

Last year was a long drought, and now this year, all rivers are overflowing.

Strange useless fact.
Minnesota in the northern part of state has a rare triple divide. Water in the north and west flow northward towards Hudson Bay. Near Duluth, that part of state flows east through the Great Lakes towards the Atlantic, central and the south part of state are the Mississippi flowage to the Gulf.

Last year was a long drought, and now this year, all rivers are overflowing.

Strange useless fact.
Minnesota in the northern part of state has a rare triple divide. Water in the north and west flow northward towards Hudson Bay. Near Duluth, that part of state flows east through the Great Lakes towards the Atlantic, central and the south part of state are the Mississippi flowage to the Gulf.
thanks for that,,
my wife was asking about the continental divide the other night and I was trying to explain it and got confused seeing some of Minnesotas rivers flowing north and even followed this river on google maps north and east to meet the mississippi,,

I had no idea about this triple divide,,

thanks for that,,
my wife was asking about the continental divide the other night and I was trying to explain it and got confused seeing some of Minnesotas rivers flowing north and even followed this river on google maps north and east to meet the mississippi,,

I had no idea about this triple divide,,
There is a marker west of Duluth on a hill, that says a drop of water at that point could travel one of three directions.

I have literally pissed all over the entire continent.
:piss2:

Prayers up for those downstream. Disasters happen and while always tragic, they are rarely intentional. I'm sure they are releasing as much water as possible and my prayer is that the dam will hold until the water level is no longer potentially catastrophic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back