Rats drive tiny cars to feel less stress

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Well scientist just figured out what we knew all along liberals are rats with their stupid tiny electric clown cars...

Rats drive little plastic cars around a lab in the US
Learning to drive small cars helps rats feel less stressed, scientists found. Researchers at the University of Richmond in the US taught a group of 17 rats how to drive little plastic cars, in exchange for bits of cereal.21 hours ago
upload_2019-10-25_1-18-51.png

BBC.com › news › world-us-ca...
Rats taught to drive tiny cars to lower their stress levels - BBC News - BBC.com

This reminds me scientist are shocked to find out monkeys eat rats.

Monkeys Have Been Caught Devouring Rats at a Palm Oil Plantation in Malaysia

BY MIKE MCRAE

OCTOBER 24, 2019

To the pig-tailed macaque, there's nothing better than sweet fruit plucked from a sprawling palm oil plantation. Except maybe fresh rat. That's good eating too, apparently.

Researchers have found that far from being a pest themselves, monkeys could be welcome guests at Malaysian palm oil plantations, more than making up for the few fruit they steal by keeping down the numbers of a far more serious threat in the form of rodents.

Ad

For the past six years, scientists from Malaysia and Germany have kept a close eye on two populations of southern pig-tailed macaques (Macaca nemestrina) in Malaysia's Segari Melintang Forest Reserve.

Naturally, the monkeys spent a good deal of time chilling in the palm oil plantation that surrounded the reserve, which made up roughly a third of their home range.

Farmers might not be happy with the intrusion, but for the macaque, the palms were the equivalent of a shopping mall - an ugly monoculture intruding on beautiful surrounds, but with cheap food.

The macaques were spending several hours a day in the plantations, a period that made up nearly half of their overall feeding time.

It didn't come as much of a surprise that they were busy stuffing their faces with fruit from the palm trees. What was a bit of a shock was the main course – a whole bunch of rats.

"I was stunned when I first observed that macaques feed on rats in plantations," says Nadine Ruppert, an ecologist from the Universiti Sains Malaysia.

Forum List

Back