RBG Burns Trump: If He Wins, Let’s Move To New Zealand

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
578304391a000023006f98b8.jpeg

“I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president,” said Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The 83-year-old justice also said the Senate should act on the Merrick Garland nomination.

If Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump wins the election, he might have to fill more than just Antonin Scalia’s seat on the Supreme Court.

In an interview with The New York Times, Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg shared her concerns about a Trump presidency:

“I can’t imagine what this place would be ― I can’t imagine what the country would be ― with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be ― I don’t even want to contemplate that.”​

Then, she added that her late husband would have joked, “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

Kidding aside, Ginsburg reportedly has no plans to step down from the bench “as long as I can do it full steam.” But, she noted that she was not the only aging member of the court so whoever was elected in November could end up filling a number of vacancies.

Her latest comments echoed those she made in an interview with The Associated Press last week, when she also indicated she wasn’t looking forward to the possibility of Trump moving into the White House.

I don’t want to think about that possibility,” she said.

In the Times interview, Ginsburg expanded on her thoughts about the future of the court and said the Senate should take action on Judge Merrick B. Garland, President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Scalia.

“That’s their job,” Ginsburg said. “There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being president in his last year.”

Read the full interview here.

Amen, Ruth! However, I believe I would prefer Canada over New Zealand.

She's actually not going to leave the country if Trump wins?

Bummer

“I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president,” said Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The 83-year-old justice also said the Senate should act on the Merrick Garland nomination.

If Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump wins the election, he might have to fill more than just Antonin Scalia’s seat on the Supreme Court.

In an interview with The New York Times, Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg shared her concerns about a Trump presidency:

“I can’t imagine what this place would be ― I can’t imagine what the country would be ― with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be ― I don’t even want to contemplate that.”​

Then, she added that her late husband would have joked, “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

Kidding aside, Ginsburg reportedly has no plans to step down from the bench “as long as I can do it full steam.” But, she noted that she was not the only aging member of the court so whoever was elected in November could end up filling a number of vacancies.

Her latest comments echoed those she made in an interview with The Associated Press last week, when she also indicated she wasn’t looking forward to the possibility of Trump moving into the White House.

In the Times interview, Ginsburg expanded on her thoughts about the future of the court and said the Senate should take action on Judge Merrick B. Garland, President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Scalia.

“That’s their job,” Ginsburg said. “There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being president in his last year.”

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Tell the bitch I'll come and pack her bags for her worthless ass. Good riddance for the midget.

Tell the bitch I'll come and pack her bags for her worthless ass. Good riddance for the midget.

And you too, Chief. Do what Shitting Bull did and head to Canada.

I can't recall a single time in history when a Supreme Court Justice ever criticized a candidate for president. Even after FDR nominated a former KKK member to the Court he had the courtesy not to get involved in the election process. Maybe an annual Cat-Scan should be required for aged members of the Court.

I can't recall a single time in history when a Supreme Court Justice ever criticized a candidate for president. Even after FDR nominated a former KKK member to the Court he had the courtesy not to get involved in the election process. Maybe an annual Cat-Scan should be required for aged members of the Court.

At the very least, there should be a height requirement. :)

Forum List

Back