Reagan recovery vs Obama recovery? Who wins?

Actually quite amazing how right wingers idolize one of the wrost presidents in my lifetime....Ronny.....Qsts:

Which president closed down asylums for the seriously mentally ill and threw these poor souls into the streets to have them, at best, be homeless and, at worst, buy a gun and shoot up school children?

Which president removed all government restrictions on the airlines, subjecting us to fly to out-of-the-way hubs and zig-zagging all over the country before getting to our destinations?

Which president, when questioned about the Iran-Contra illegal scheme
responded with, "Well, I don't remember"?

Last edited:
Actually quite amazing how right wingers idolize one of the wrost presidents in my lifetime....Ronny.....Qsts:

Which president closed down asylums for the seriously mentally ill and threw these poor souls into the streets to have them. at nest. be homeless and, at worst, buy a gun and shoot up school children?

Which president removed all government restrictions on the airlines, subjecting us to fly to out-of-the-way hubs and zig-zagging all over the country before getting to our destinations?

Blah, blah, blah...."dingbat"

You right wingers never show much intelligence and, on that count, you don't ever disappoint.....

On one hand you start a thread comparing recoveries between Obama (whom you rabidly hate)....and Reagan (who is your conservative deity.)

However, you then go on preaching the conservative mantra that the federal government has NO ROLE in shaping the economic welfare of our nation....

So, which is it????
They also gloss over the fact that Reagan spent like a drunken sailor.

You mean Democrat Congress spent like drunken sailors. Oh and one Obama deficit is bigger than Reagan's entire budget. Reagan ran the entire government on less than an Obama deficit

Agreed!

The Congress forced Reagan to sign spending bills that would create public sector jobs then-----then let the multiplier factor work it's magic and-----and the Democratic Congress knew Reagan would get the historical credit for an improving economy so-----so three questions for you and other rightwingers on this M/B: 1) Why would the Democratic Congress do something benevolent for America's working class when they knew a Republican president would get credit? And 2) Why did Republican states begin cutting public sector jobs as soon as President Obama became President? And 3)Why do Republicans think austerity policies are better than the "Reagan" strategy of creating public sector jobs via deficit spending?

I'm surprised you made a point of pointing out it was the Democrats that catapulted the jobs recovery not Reagan but-----but it's very honest of you.

Until Barry embraces business - there will be no recovery. Sure, the federal government is growing by leaps and bounds - but that's it. Barry is a faculty lounge communist who believes that it is "government's responsibility" to "care" for us. I believe that he is full of shit.
Barry is an Islamic insurgent selling out the US to Islam, assisted by the addled intellects of the Marxists.

His mission is to undermine the US economy... Not recover it.

Is he evil like you described the Jews the other day?

lol

You can't compare the two economies because the Reagan economy had this obvious advantage:

mfg1.jpg

You right wingers never show much intelligence and, on that count, you don't ever disappoint.....

On one hand you start a thread comparing recoveries between Obama (whom you rabidly hate)....and Reagan (who is your conservative deity.)

However, you then go on preaching the conservative mantra that the federal government has NO ROLE in shaping the economic welfare of our nation....

So, which is it????

You mean Democrat Congress spent like drunken sailors. Oh and one Obama deficit is bigger than Reagan's entire budget. Reagan ran the entire government on less than an Obama deficit

Agreed!

The Congress forced Reagan to sign spending bills that would create public sector jobs then-----then let the multiplier factor work it's magic and-----and the Democratic Congress knew Reagan would get the historical credit for an improving economy so-----so three questions for you and other rightwingers on this M/B: 1) Why would the Democratic Congress do something benevolent for America's working class when they knew a Republican president would get credit? And 2) Why did Republican states begin cutting public sector jobs as soon as President Obama became President? And 3)Why do Republicans think austerity policies are better than the "Reagan" strategy of creating public sector jobs via deficit spending?

I'm surprised you made a point of pointing out it was the Democrats that catapulted the jobs recovery not Reagan but-----but it's very honest of you.

lol, what a bunch of hooey. they FORCED HIM to sign SPENDING BILLS that would CREATE public sector jobs

man you do live in some alternate DNC universe. no wonder why the Democrat base is so LOW information. they get fed such MISinformation and just flat out LIES

So, which is it????

Agreed!

lol, what a bunch of hooey. they FORCED HIM to sign SPENDING BILLS that would CREATE public sector jobs

man you do live in some alternate DNC universe. no wonder why the Democrat base is so LOW information. they get fed such MISinformation and just flat out LIES

O<giggle>K?

If Reagan wasn't "FORCED" by the Dems to triple the debt via overspending, why/how did he triple the debt? And-----and if smart tax increases don't create public sector jobsprivate sector jobs, why did Reagan increase taxes 11 times during what righties on this M/B like to exuberantly call the 'Reagan Recovery"?

So, which is it????

Agreed!

O<giggle>K?

If Reagan wasn't "FORCED" by the Dems to triple the debt via overspending, why/how did he triple the debt? And-----and if smart tax increases don't create public sector jobsprivate sector jobs, why did Reagan increase taxes 11 times during what righties on this M/B like to exuberantly call the 'Reagan Recovery"?

I'd be surprised if you were even born during Reagan. Please bone up on his time in office. not what you get off left wing dingbat sites

This current President's Unemployment Numbers alone, are absolute fantasy. Anyone with common sense knows that. Obviously, his books are cooked. It's the 'Chicago Way' though, right?

So, which is it????

Agreed!

O<giggle>K?

SMART TAX increases. You get that one folks. holy smokes. They (the Democrat party) would sell you their grandmothers for a tax increase if they thought they could get away with it. it's for your GRANDMA...SHEESH
all you do is spew that same thing over and over about Reagan. Do you have it on speed dial?

Last edited:
This current President's Unemployment Numbers alone, are absolute fantasy. Anyone with common sense knows that. Obviously, his books are cooked. It's the 'Chicago Way' though, right?

Don't strain your half-brain too much.....but try researching the number of jobs that were lost PER MONTH under Cheney....OOOps, my mistake, I meant GWB

EXACTLY. and the majority of the people already KNOWS THAT. or they wouldn't have voted him and his party out of Control of Congress after him only being in office as President after only SIX miserable years.

these people here. well just call them Rabid Obots who job is to spin spin spin for their cult leader...

Is he evil like you described the Jews the other day?

lol
You're speaking of the specific Jews that delivered Jesus to his earthly death on false charges... Yes... Is there another kind?

The Reader should note that Gilligan is lying again... Wherein it wants you to 'believe' that I believe that all Jews are evil, when I fact only those Jews who reject the spirit of God are evil... Just like the rest of the evil. It does the best it can... But such is, after all... The nature of Evil.

Last edited:

Which president closed down asylums for the seriously mentally ill and threw these poor souls into the streets to have them. at nest. be homeless and, at worst, buy a gun and shoot up school children?

Blah, blah, blah...."dingbat"

Indeed. That's the left for you. Reagan presided over one of the best economies during our lifetime and all they can point to is Iran-Contra (trading weapons for our hostages). That's it - that's all they have.

Agreed!

O<giggle>K?

I'd be surprised if you were even born during Reagan. Please bone up on his time in office. not what you get off left wing dingbat sites

Me too. I can't believe the attitude of some of these folks. Reagan came in after the fiasco that was Jimmy Carter and immediately, America became hopeful again. Reagan made us proud to be Americans. Carter? He worked as hard as Obama does at making us ashamed at being Americans.

it's a damned shame that they don't teach history any longer.....

View attachment 40582

View attachment 40583

With the exception of Reagan, Job growth is BETTER under most all Democratic Presidents.

Nobody cares........this is about the last 6 years being a joke!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Bump for laugh factor.........
bump for DOUBLE laugh factor! :D

If Obama's performance is a joke compared to Reagan's, then what is George W Bush's performance compared to Obama's, let alone compared to Reagan's?

Honestly, compared to most Presidents following the great depression, the numbers say that President Obama is up there at the top, on performance in jobs created during his terms....so far he has Presidents - Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, JFK, GHW Bush, and GW Bush BEAT in jobs created....

So I guess I don't truly understand the point of the link author or you, are trying to make?

View attachment 40582

View attachment 40583

With the exception of Reagan, Job growth is BETTER under most all Democratic Presidents.

Nobody cares........this is about the last 6 years being a joke!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Bump for laugh factor.........
bump for DOUBLE laugh factor! :D

If Obama's performance is a joke compared to Reagan's, then what is George W Bush's performance compared to Obama's, let alone compared to Reagan's?

Honestly, compared to most Presidents following the great depression, the numbers say that President Obama is up there at the top, on performance in jobs created during his terms....so far he has Presidents - Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, JFK, GHW Bush, and GW Bush BEAT in jobs created....

So I guess I don't truly understand the point of the link author or you, are trying to make?

I want you to tell me these EVENTS had NO BEARING... NO INFLUENCE YOU dumb f...!

NO President in HISTORY ever had THESE events that caused unemployment, loss of tax revenue, stock market losses....
YET the economy was growing the GDP was the largest in history!!!
TELL ME you dummy! WHERE WERE YOU from 2001 to 2008? Inside a prison, an asylum???? WHERE WERE YOU!

BUT under Bush, events that totally ignorant LIPs like you forget that NO other President in history had to face in their terms!
1) Are you aware that a recession started under Clinton and became official 3/01 ended 11/01?
Source: USATODAY.com - It s official 2001 recession only lasted eight months

A Major $5 trillion market loss
2) Are you aware that the dot.com bust occurred and cost $5 trillion in losses?
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 - and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
Source: The dot-com bubble How to lose 5 trillion Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

The worst attacks on the USA in History.. 3,000 deaths!!!
3)Obviously most of you are UNAWARE 9/11 cost 3,000 lives, $2 trillion in lost businesses,market values assets.
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York.
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone. Airlines didn't fly for 3 days!
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
Source: The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade
Year 2001...
The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two DemocraticU.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others. According to the FBI, the ensuing investigation became "one of the largest and most complex in the history of law enforcement".[1]

4) $1 trillion in losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history.
The worst, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Rank Disaster Year Deaths Damage* $250 Billion in damages in the 8 disasters of the top 15 disasters in history!
1. Hurricane Katrina (LA/MS/AL/FL) 2005 1833 $133,800,000,000
6. Hurricane Ike (TX/LA/MS) 2008 112 $27,000,000,000
7. Hurricane Wilma (FL) 2005 35 $17,100,000,000
8. Hurricane Rita (TX/LA) 2005 119 $17,100,000,000
9. Hurricane Charley (FL) 2004 35 $16,500,000,000
12. Midwest Floods 2008 24 $15,000,000,000
13. Hurricane Ivan (FL/AL) 2004 57 $13,000,000,000
14. 30-State Drought 2002 0 $11,400,000,000
Costliest U.S. Weather Disasters Weather Underground

THESE events OCCURRED!
YET in SPITE of
a) 400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita ,
b) 2,800,000 jobs in alone due to 9/11,
c) 300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts...
In spite of nearly $8 trillion in lost businesses, market values, destroyed property.. IN SPITE of that:

AFTER the tax cuts Federal Tax REVENUES Increased an average of 9.78% per year!!!
Government Revenue Details Federal State Local for 2008 - Charts

Until Barry embraces business - there will be no recovery. Sure, the federal government is growing by leaps and bounds - but that's it. Barry is a faculty lounge communist who believes that it is "government's responsibility" to "care" for us. I believe that he is full of shit.
Barry is an Islamic insurgent selling out the US to Islam, assisted by the addled intellects of the Marxists.

His mission is to undermine the US economy... Not recover it.

If YOUR goal was to be the Robot Moron Parrot for the Koch Brothers you are the WINNER!

ROFLMNAO!

You mention private citizens in some nefarious context, even as you lament morons... .

LOL! Folks you can't make THAT sorta crap up.

Forum List

Back