Reagan recovery vs Obama recovery? Who wins?

Until Barry embraces business - there will be no recovery. Sure, the federal government is growing by leaps and bounds - but that's it. Barry is a faculty lounge communist who believes that it is "government's responsibility" to "care" for us. I believe that he is full of shit.
Apparently you think it is the government's responsibility to cater to big business but to abandon everyone else. Do you like the idea of plutocracy that much?

You right wingers never show much intelligence and, on that count, you don't ever disappoint.....

On one hand you start a thread comparing recoveries between Obama (whom you rabidly hate)....and Reagan (who is your conservative deity.)

However, you then go on preaching the conservative mantra that the federal government has NO ROLE in shaping the economic welfare of our nation....

So, which is it????

View attachment 40582

View attachment 40583

With the exception of Reagan, Job growth is BETTER under most all Democratic Presidents.
Since the earliest days of Yahoos Chat Rooms, I have asked those who claim that Clinton 'produced' the most jobs, to site the SPECIFIC POLICIES, which they can attribute to the production of that employment.

Now... anyone alive and growing hair in their nether-regions at the time, dam' well knows that Clinton policy was counter productive to business, injurious to the market and as a result, detrimental to employment. Like the Leftists Wilson, FDR, Johnson and Carter... Clinton was MUCH more of a 'squeeze business of everything its got and give those they get fired, a welfare stipend so that they'll remember to whom they owe their lives', kinda guy.

Jobs in the 90s were due to two things...

The first being a little hysteria OKA: Y2K... and the second being "The Contract With America".

Job growth in the 90s, was despite Clinton being President, NOT due to him.

As for any notion that obama has been present during job growth...

ROFLMNAO!

Hysterical... (In every sense of the word.)

You right wingers never show much intelligence and, on that count, you don't ever disappoint.....

On one hand you start a thread comparing recoveries between Obama (whom you rabidly hate)....and Reagan (who is your conservative deity.)

However, you then go on preaching the conservative mantra that the federal government has NO ROLE in shaping the economic welfare of our nation....

So, which is it????
They also gloss over the fact that Reagan spent like a drunken sailor.

Until Barry embraces business - there will be no recovery. Sure, the federal government is growing by leaps and bounds - but that's it. Barry is a faculty lounge communist who believes that it is "government's responsibility" to "care" for us. I believe that he is full of shit.
Apparently you think it is the government's responsibility to cater to big business but to abandon everyone else. Do you like the idea of plutocracy that much?
Apparently you think pretense equates to valid reason... as there is NOTHING in the contribution to which you responded, which could, even potentially, lead a reasonable to conclude, what you have projected is even the contributors desire, let alone the point.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

yeah, this thread is just a HATE FEST by the morons.....Let them have a bit of fun; they're hopeless, clueless and helpless.......and, of course, stupid

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate have in common with Baltimore?

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Contrary to the emotional blackmail some leftists are attempting to peddle, Baltimore is not America’s problem or shame. That failed city is solely and completely a Democrat problem.
Like many failed cities, Detroit comes to mind, and every city besieged recently by rioting,
Democrats and their union pals have had carte blanche to inflict their ideas and policies on Baltimore since 1967, the last time there was a Republican Mayor.

In 2012, after four years of his own failed policies, President Obama won a whopping 87.4% of the Baltimore City vote. Democrats run the city of Baltimore, the unions, the schools, and, yes, the police force.

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

Democrats Run America s Ten Poorest Cities - Eagle Rising

And who keeps hollering for more money for the "poor"???

The Democratic Mayors didn't gut our manufacturing base, idiot.

Which of the "Democratic" mayors moved automobile factories to Mexico?

Thanks to Republicans we have country that doesn't really Create Jobs, but still creates unwanted children (future jobless citizens).

Sorry, the "job-creator" myth is all GOP.

View attachment 40582

View attachment 40583

With the exception of Reagan, Job growth is BETTER under most all Democratic Presidents.
Then why is most of the jobs created in Right to work red states under Obama?

Again a fucking president dont create private sector jobs, he only hinders them, like obama did with obama care, threats of raising the MW, being an anti Bussiness president and the rich Don't want to invest.

So, which is it????

You mean Democrat Congress spent like drunken sailors. Oh and one Obama deficit is bigger than Reagan's entire budget. Reagan ran the entire government on less than an Obama deficit

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate have in common with Baltimore?

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Contrary to the emotional blackmail some leftists are attempting to peddle, Baltimore is not America’s problem or shame. That failed city is solely and completely a Democrat problem.
Like many failed cities, Detroit comes to mind, and every city besieged recently by rioting,
Democrats and their union pals have had carte blanche to inflict their ideas and policies on Baltimore since 1967, the last time there was a Republican Mayor.

In 2012, after four years of his own failed policies, President Obama won a whopping 87.4% of the Baltimore City vote. Democrats run the city of Baltimore, the unions, the schools, and, yes, the police force.

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

Democrats Run America s Ten Poorest Cities - Eagle Rising

And who keeps hollering for more money for the "poor"???

The Democratic Mayors didn't gut our manufacturing base, idiot.

Which of the "Democratic" mayors moved automobile factories to Mexico?

Thanks to Republicans we have country that doesn't really Create Jobs, but still creates unwanted children (future jobless citizens).

Sorry, the "job-creator" myth is all GOP.

View attachment 40582

View attachment 40583

Then why is most of the jobs created in Right to work red states under Obama?

Again a fucking president dont create private sector jobs, he only hinders them, like obama did with obama care, threats of raising the MW, being an anti Bussiness president and the rich Don't want to invest.

Obama's statements that NO American much less a President would make!

I want a Presidential candidate that understands that destroying America is NOT what most Americans want.
These are the statements I don't ever want to hear/read MY President make:

-- "I prefer destroying 1,400 companies,putting 400,000 people out of work and reducing tax revenue by $100 billion a year. " which is what he means when he says he prefers a single payer health system.

-- "I prefer higher gas prices".

-- "If a utility wants to build coal burning it bankrupt them!"

-- "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

My president would NEVER attack the military by accusing them of "air-raiding villages, killing civilians".

I also want a president who doesn't tell people...
“I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,”
“It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.”
“I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,”
I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

My president is not a wanna-be Messiah who pronounces:
""This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

Finally my president will not depend on the "stupidity of American voter" to get elected by:
Obama from his book "Dreams of My Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Actually..........Reagan dominates!!! In fact, the Obama recovery by comparison is laughable!!

But don't take my word for it.......check the graphs in this LINK >> OBAMA vs. REAGAN on GDP GROWTH NOT EVEN CLOSE The Gateway Pundit

Geez.........even I didn't think the Obama recovery has been that much of a joke!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

What Obama recovery?

This one.

GDP+1.png

You mean Democrat Congress spent like drunken sailors. Oh and one Obama deficit is bigger than Reagan's entire budget. Reagan ran the entire government on less than an Obama deficit

Again, another half-brained right winger steps up showing stupidity and baseless hatred.....

Hey, dingbat.......How did Obama predecessor start two wars (estimated costs $3 TRILLION) gave tax CUTS and unpaid Medicare part D????

WHO PAID FOR THOSE CONSERVATIVE ADVENTURES?

Actually..........Reagan dominates!!! In fact, the Obama recovery by comparison is laughable!!

But don't take my word for it.......check the graphs in this LINK >> OBAMA vs. REAGAN on GDP GROWTH NOT EVEN CLOSE The Gateway Pundit

Geez.........even I didn't think the Obama recovery has been that much of a joke!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

What Obama recovery?

This one.

GDP+1.png

Wow, he took office in the depth of a recession and now we're not in the depth of a recession anymore. Amazing, I don't think that's ever happened before in only six years

Again, another half-brained right winger steps up showing stupidity and baseless hatred.....

Hey, dingbat.......How did Obama predecessor start two wars (estimated costs $3 TRILLION) gave tax CUTS and unpaid Medicare part D????

Yes, W clearly spent like a drunken sailor. The guy who never saw a spending bill he vetoed. Then there was the bridge to nowhere, part of a $250 billion Xmas tree with the word "transportation" written on it. W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and made a career on his daddy's connections. He had no concept people actually worked to earn the money that flowed through is hands like water. And Republicans after finding out what he was ... voted him in again

The two time periods aren't comparable.
And there is NO comparison between Obama's philosophy and background with Reagan.
Obama had NO private experience. Obama hadn't any executive experience. Obama's training was agitation. Obama had NO MILITARY experience
and dislikes the military.
Reagan.. was an actor, and low and behold President of a Union the Screen Actors' Guild!!!
Reagan was a spokesperson for industries.
Reagan was in the military and would NEVER NEVER make a statement like Obama did..."military air-raiding villages, killing civilians"!!!
Reagan WAS A Governor making executive decisions, hiring people smarter then him and encouraging not discouraging capitalism.
Reagan was a uniter who's experience over the years was to get people together from disparate backgrounds.

Obama is a divider. Reagan was a uniter.

And there is NO comparison between Obama's philosophy and background with Reagan.
Obama had NO private experience. Obama hadn't any executive experience. Obama's training was agitation. Obama had NO MILITARY experience
Reagan.. was an actor, and low and behold President of a Union the Screen Actors' Guild!!!
Reagan was in the military and would NEVER NEVER make a statement like Obama did..."military air-raiding villages, killing civilians"!!!
Reagan WAS A Governor making executive decisions, hiring people smarter then him and encouraging not discouraging capitalism.
Reagan was a uniter who's experience over the years was to get people together from disparate backgrounds.

Reagan expanded Medicare and Medicaid, and saved Social Security.

Those were his good points.

Yes, W clearly spent like a drunken sailor. The guy who never saw a spending bill he vetoed. Then there was the bridge to nowhere, part of a $250 billion Xmas tree with the word "transportation" written on it. W was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and made a career on his daddy's connections. He had no concept people actually worked to earn the money that flowed through is hands like water. And Republicans after finding out what he was ... voted him in again

PROVE with FACTS W spent like a drunken Sailor"!!!!!
HERE are the FACTS you dumb shits who conveniently FORGET WHAT HAPPENED from 2001 to 2008!!
NO other president in history EVER EVER FACED these events and YET the deficit was declining TAX REVENUE was increasing people were working!!!

1) Are you aware that a recession started under Clinton and became official 3/01 ended 11/01?
Source: USATODAY.com - It s official 2001 recession only lasted eight months

A Major $5 trillion market loss
2) Are you aware that the dot.com bust occurred and cost $5 trillion in losses?
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 - and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
Source: The dot-com bubble How to lose 5 trillion Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

The worst attacks on the USA in History.. 3,000 deaths!!!
3)Obviously most of you are UNAWARE 9/11 cost 3,000 lives, $2 trillion in lost businesses,market values assets.
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York.
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone. Airlines didn't fly for 3 days!
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
Source: The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade
Year 2001...
The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two DemocraticU.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others. According to the FBI, the ensuing investigation became "one of the largest and most complex in the history of law enforcement".[1]

4) $1 trillion in losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history.
The worst, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Rank Disaster Year Deaths Damage* $250 Billion in damages in the 8 disasters of the top 15 disasters in history!
1. Hurricane Katrina (LA/MS/AL/FL) 2005 1833 $133,800,000,000
6. Hurricane Ike (TX/LA/MS) 2008 112 $27,000,000,000
7. Hurricane Wilma (FL) 2005 35 $17,100,000,000
8. Hurricane Rita (TX/LA) 2005 119 $17,100,000,000
9. Hurricane Charley (FL) 2004 35 $16,500,000,000
12. Midwest Floods 2008 24 $15,000,000,000
13. Hurricane Ivan (FL/AL) 2004 57 $13,000,000,000
14. 30-State Drought 2002 0 $11,400,000,000
Costliest U.S. Weather Disasters Weather Underground

THESE events OCCURRED!
YET in SPITE of
a) 400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita ,
b) 2,800,000 jobs in alone due to 9/11,
c) 300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts...
In spite of nearly $8 trillion in lost businesses, market values, destroyed property.. IN SPITE of that:

AFTER the tax cuts Federal Tax REVENUES Increased an average of 9.78% per year!!!
Government Revenue Details Federal State Local for 2008 - Charts

WHAT about THESE FACTS!!!
FACTS not fiction! Deficits of Presidents Obama/Bush
Federal deficit falling to lowest in Obama presidency
Total deficits Obama will have left DEFICITS totaling ($6.3 trillion)
Total Deficits BUSH $3.294 trillion! Obama will have increased DEFICITS by 207%!!!
FY 2017 - $458 billion
FY 2016 - $531 billion
FY 2015 - $564 billion
FY 2014 - $649 billion
FY 2013 - $680 billion.
FY 2012 - $1.087 trillion.
FY 2011 - $1.299 trillion.

FY 2010 - $1.546 ($1.293 trillion plus $253 billion from the Obama Stimulus Act that was attached to the FY 2009 budget).

President George W. Bush: Total = $3.294 trillion.
FY 2009 - $1.16 trillion. ($1.416 trillion minus $253 billion from Obama's Stimulus Act)
FY 2008 - $458 billion.
FY 2007 - $161 billion.
FY 2006 - $248 billion.
FY 2005 - $318 billion.
FY 2004 - $413 billion.
FY 2003 - $378 billion.
FY 2002 - $158 billion.

THESE Are the FACTS not f...king guesses ENOUGH of this Drunken sailor charges!!! YOU are idiots that continue EVEN you stupid uninformed conservatives that spout that same stupid phrase! GWB had wars, hurricanes, recessions all occurring in his administration THAT no other president faced!!!!

Reagan expanded Medicare and Medicaid, and saved Social Security.

Those were his good points.

He ended the cold war idiot!!!

What is wrong with people like you that at least admit the facts!
Obviously you were too young to live during the MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction) period when triggers were itchy to launch thousands of missiles.
Reagan's maligned "Star Wars" scared Russian generals to admit they couldn't combat. Thus they had to adopt more civilized society and as a result, the
Berlin Wall fell when Reagan challenged...
"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate.
Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
Tear down this wall - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The truth was that Gorbachev beat a forced retreat from Eastern Europe and a hunkered down for a last ditch effort to preserve the Soviet Union. On the day the Berlin Wall came down, Nov. 9, 1989, Gorbachev met with the Communist leadership — the Politburo — to discuss the emerging threat of secessionist movements in the Baltic states and Ukraine. Moscow had given up on Germany. It was not even on the agenda. As the British historian Timothy Garton Ash puts it, Gorbachev was at best "a hero of retreat."
Looking back 20 years Who deserves credit for ending the Cold War MinnPost

Forum List

Back