Reagan, worst prez in our lifetime

Lefties don't hate Reagan, they just think you wingnuts have elevated him to a far right status that he never ascribed nor achieved.

You're proof: Reagan did not collapse the USSR, it fell upon it's own sword in 1991. Reagan had been out of office for several years by then. George H. W. Bush was president at the time, and he didn't have anything to do with it either.

Uh huh. Sure they did.

Sure they did

Please provide factual dating showing that Reagan "defeated the USSR" or else STFU.

The Soviet Union collapsed in 1989. Reagan was in office for 8 years just prior to the collapse.

Who else was responsible?

So, dupes, tell us when the nonrich and the country went to hell...

Memorize the facts, hater dupes:

1. WORKERS past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):1950 = 101%1960 = 105%1970 = 105%1980 = 105% – Reagan1990 = 100%2000 = 96%2007 = 92%A 13% drop since 1980A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.Share of National Income going to Top 10%:1950 = 35%1960 = 34%1970 = 34%1980 = 34% – Reagan1990 = 40%2000 = 47%2007 = 50% TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.Household Debt as percentage of GDP:1965 = 46%1970 = 45%1980 = 50% – Reagan1990 = 61%2000 = 69%2007 = 95% An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.1950 = 6.0%1960 = 7.0%1970 = 8.5%1980 = 10.0% – Reagan1982 = 11.2% – Peak1990 = 7.0%2000 = 2.0%2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

4.Household Debt as percentage of GDP:1965 = 46%1970 = 45%1980 = 50% – Reagan1990 = 61%2000 = 69%2007 = 95%A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%and the bottom 80%:1980 = 10%2003 = 56%A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.The Probabilityy of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:1945 = 12%1958 = 6%1990 = 3%2000 = 2%A 10% Decrease.

Links:1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Researc...s/No7Nov04.pdf1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez | The White House3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/imag...ving_thumb.gif3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/...&LastYear=20104 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php...or-debt-of-gdp4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--June 6, 20135/6 = Wealth And Inequality In America - Business Insider

AND his final legacy, George W. BOOOSH...BARF...

None of your links resolve, moron. That means your claims are more than likely pure horseshit.

Lefties don't hate Reagan, they just think you wingnuts have elevated him to a far right status that he never ascribed nor achieved.

You're proof: Reagan did not collapse the USSR, it fell upon it's own sword in 1991. Reagan had been out of office for several years by then. George H. W. Bush was president at the time, and he didn't have anything to do with it either.

Uh huh. Sure they did.

Sure they did

Please provide factual dating showing that Reagan "defeated the USSR" or else STFU.

Poor Commie Leftist, Reagan beat your hometeam

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A]Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall" - YouTube[/ame]

Uh huh. Sure they did.

Sure they did

Poor Commie Leftist, Reagan beat your hometeam

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A]Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall" - YouTube[/ame]
Apparently, they'll never get over it.

As I was a young adult during that period, the most striking thing was the contrast between Reagan and his inept predecessor - failure and success. Twenty five years on, and the the contrast between Reagan and his current successor is just as striking - success and failure.

Wow! All Raygun had to do was give a speech?
No wonder he never hunted down terrorists.

I guess the far left forgets that Reagan was once a Democrat a JFK Democrat.

However I still like this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3Eo9cScEQ]Ronald Reagan tells joke about Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

More far left propaganda.

Such as?
Oh, you mean all those manufacturing jobs sent to Mexico?
The steroid fed to Wall Street?
Yes, Russia, we'll do business with you as long as you don't mind earning a Mexican salary.
Yep, Ronnie was a fine lying politician...just like every other.
But he did occasionally wear a nice Texas cowboy hat.

Yeah, he was too busy dismantling the Soviet Union.:lol:

He dismantled them alright.
But the logic fails.
I thought Communism dismantles itself.
Does it really need an outside force to dismantle it?
And it seems that the U.S.S.R., now referred to as the Russian Federation is slowly, but surely, returning because we sent our business everywhere but to the former Soviet nations.

But the logic fails.
And it seems that the U.S.S.R., now referred to as the Russian Federation is slowly, but surely, returning because we sent our business everywhere but to the former Soviet nations.

Communism does dismantle itself. That is, of course, it does so long as capitalist countries aren't propping it up. For decades the West propped up the Soviet Union. Reagan put a stop to it.

But the logic fails.
It might be difficult for you to fathom, but the dismantling of the USSR was Reagan's plan, not Gorbachev. Reagan abandoned detente, confronted the Soviet Union and scared the living hell out of them, to the point where they had to bring in someone who could work with the West for the first time in its history. The rest is history. Get over it.

Yep. Sending All that business to the former Soviet nations really paid off, didn't it?
You guys can't get over the fact that in the very short period of 30 years we have seen Reagan's effect as null and void.

I'm not blaming Reagan alone, he and those who followed him simply did what their major contributors wanted them to do.

Yep. Sending All that business to the former Soviet nations really paid off, didn't it?
You guys can't get over the fact that in the very short period of 30 years we have seen Reagan's effect as null and void.

I'm not blaming Reagan alone, he and those who followed him simply did what their major contributors wanted them to do.
Tell you what Sparky, get back to us when the Doomsday Clock starts ticking again because of Russia.

Reagan changed the world, and mostly for the best.

Tell you what Sparky, get back to us when the Doomsday Clock starts ticking again because of Russia.

Yes, he did. Thats why the dem/libs hate him so much. Reagan proved that liberalism is a failed ideology so he must be demonized by the leftists.

take it for what it is. Its no different than the way the libtards combed through Palin's garbage and they are still scared shitless of her.

May I ask why everything Putin does becomes a concern?

You may ask, but what Li Keqiang does is far more of a concern.

Nope, Obama will become the worst President and over take Carter where he will be the second worst

but you on the left need it to be someone else and it makes you Fweeel better, so go for it..

no one is buying it but you

Last edited:

You may ask, but what Li Keqiang does is far more of a concern.

He literally owns us thanks to Reaganomics.
A Ricardian legacy would never have led us down this path.
And yes, Clinton/GW/Obama accelerated this.

Forum List

Back