Reagan, worst prez in our lifetime

pos-repped & friend's request sent :cool:

Seriously though, Regan was bad news.

It's funny watching you hate filled retards tell lies to each other and the beam at how clever you are.

That damned Reagan, took a nice comfortable double digit inflation, high unemployment and fucked it all up, leading to 30 years of sustained growth.

Not only that, a Soviet Union that Jimmy Carter declared "vastly superior in military might" that posed a very real threat of thermal nuclear war was defeated without firing a shot.

Man, Reagan sank all of your hopes and dreams.

Well, you have Dear Leader to return us to those days of malaise and nuclear brinkmanship! (And this time with Iran, insane Muslims with no love of life!) So cheer up Scheiß Mause, misery is right around the corner!

Would you say that Financialization of America, as culminated in GW's Presidency, stands on firm ground?

which president merged the social security fund with the general fund? Hint--not reagan or bush.

Would you say that Financialization of America, as culminated in GW's Presidency, stands on firm ground?

I would say that Obama is president, and the economic stability - or lack of same, rests 100% with his failed policies.

Would I say that a DOW of 15,737 based on direct infusion from the fed with no real production to back it is on firm ground?

1359833964725022440.GIF

He tripled the deficit and not a whimper from the conservatives....yup. But they conveniently forget that.

It's funny watching you hate filled retards tell lies to each other and the beam at how clever you are.

That damned Reagan, took a nice comfortable double digit inflation, high unemployment and fucked it all up, leading to 30 years of sustained growth.

Not only that, a Soviet Union that Jimmy Carter declared "vastly superior in military might" that posed a very real threat of thermal nuclear war was defeated without firing a shot.

Man, Reagan sank all of your hopes and dreams.

Well, you have Dear Leader to return us to those days of malaise and nuclear brinkmanship! (And this time with Iran, insane Muslims with no love of life!) So cheer up Scheiß Mause, misery is right around the corner!

which president merged the social security fund with the general fund? Hint--not reagan or bush.

What does that have to do with moving the manufacturing of refrigerators to Mexico?
Reagan wanted us to be the Big Bank.

I would say that Obama is president, and the economic stability - or lack of same, rests 100% with his failed policies.

Would I say that a DOW of 15,737 based on direct infusion from the fed with no real production to back it is on firm ground?

1359833964725022440.GIF

I would say that we are entering an economic comeback of sorts. This administration has bought the country back from near depression and now you and the GOP are doing everything they can to keep that from happening.

''That damned Reagan, took a nice comfortable double digit inflation, high unemployment and fucked it all up, leading to 30 years of sustained growth.''

to the greedy rich, you mean...

Voodoo wrecked and IS WRECKING the nonrich to the point where demand for products and services has dried up, along with their savings...before the corruption and cronyism housing and credit meltdown of 2008- while the rich have quadrupled their wealth...Memorize the facts, hater dupes:

1. WORKERS past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):1950 = 101%1960 = 105%1970 = 105%1980 = 105% – Reagan1990 = 100%2000 = 96%2007 = 92%A 13% drop since 1980A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.Share of National Income going to Top 10%:1950 = 35%1960 = 34%1970 = 34%1980 = 34% – Reagan1990 = 40%2000 = 47%2007 = 50% TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.Household Debt as percentage of GDP:1965 = 46%1970 = 45%1980 = 50% – Reagan1990 = 61%2000 = 69%2007 = 95% An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.1950 = 6.0%1960 = 7.0%1970 = 8.5%1980 = 10.0% – Reagan1982 = 11.2% – Peak1990 = 7.0%2000 = 2.0%2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

4. Household Debt as percentage of GDP:1965 = 46%1970 = 45%1980 = 50% – Reagan1990 = 61%2000 = 69%2007 = 95%A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%and the bottom 80%:1980 = 10%2003 = 56%A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.The Probabilityy of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:1945 = 12%1958 = 6%1990 = 3%2000 = 2%A 10% Decrease.

Links:1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Researc...s/No7Nov04.pdf1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez | The White House3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/imag...ving_thumb.gif3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/...&LastYear=20104 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php...or-debt-of-gdp4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--June 6, 20135/6 = Wealth And Inequality In America - Business Insider

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Reagan cut taxes for the Rich, increased taxes on the Middle Class. Reagan was a serial tax raiser.
Tripled the National Debt, made the United States a debtor nation
Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists
Unemployment issues; Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously - even more than the Bush Dynasty.
Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million Undocumented Immigrants
Ignoring AIDS; he refused to even utter the word
His attack on Unions and the Middle Class
GREAT THOUGHTS OF RONALD REAGAN

"A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?" -- Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the Sacramento Bee, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park, March 3, 1966

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980

"It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas." --Ronald Reagan (candidate for Governor of California), interviewed in the Fresno Bee, October 10, 1965

"...the moral equal of our Founding Fathers." --President Reagan, describing the Nicaraguan contras, March 1, 1985

"Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal." --Ronald Reagan, quoted in Time, May 17, 1976

"...a faceless mass, waiting for handouts." --Ronald Reagan, 1965. (Description of Medicaid recipients.)

"Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders." --California Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, April 28, 1966

"We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry every night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet." --Ronald Reagan, TV speech, October 27, 1964

reagan3.jpg

US: 8 reasons why Ronald Reagan was the worst President of our lifetime -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Criminalize Conservatism: Reagan: Worst President of Our Lifetime

Anyone want to add anything?

Agreed with all the abovementioned points, but even with all these, he was better than Dubya Bush.

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Reagan cut taxes for the Rich, increased taxes on the Middle Class. Reagan was a serial tax raiser.
Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists
Unemployment issues; Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously - even more than the Bush Dynasty.
GREAT THOUGHTS OF RONALD REAGAN

"A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?" -- Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the Sacramento Bee, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park, March 3, 1966

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980

"It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas." --Ronald Reagan (candidate for Governor of California), interviewed in the Fresno Bee, October 10, 1965

"...the moral equal of our Founding Fathers." --President Reagan, describing the Nicaraguan contras, March 1, 1985

"Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal." --Ronald Reagan, quoted in Time, May 17, 1976

"...a faceless mass, waiting for handouts." --Ronald Reagan, 1965. (Description of Medicaid recipients.)

"Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders." --California Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, April 28, 1966

"We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry every night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet." --Ronald Reagan, TV speech, October 27, 1964

reagan3.jpg

US: 8 reasons why Ronald Reagan was the worst President of our lifetime -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Agreed with all the abovementioned points, but even with all these, he was better than Dubya Bush.

you dem/libs will never get over the FACT that Bush beat your clowns twice. I find it funny to watch you assholes squirm when trying to deal with that FACT.

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists

reagan3.jpg

you dem/libs will never get over the FACT that Bush beat your clowns twice. I find it funny to watch you assholes squirm when trying to deal with that FACT.

So you agree that he was an ELECTED disaster?

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists

reagan3.jpg

Yeah, and Clinton and Obama beat the Repug klown kar of kandidates twice each. Like to see you assholes squirm when trying to deal with that fact.

Bush made some mistakes, Iraq being the biggest one, but on balance he was a good president and is a good man. I cannot say that about obama.

Bush made some mistakes, Iraq being the biggest one, but on balance he was a good president and is a good man. I cannot say that about obama.

Bush knew what he did to millions of Americans by allowing illegals and business visas to swamp our nation...he ain't a good man.

Bush knew what he did to millions of Americans by allowing illegals and business visas to swamp our nation...he ain't a good man.

your opinion and you have a right to it. was Bush the first to allow illegal immigration? I don't think so. Has obama stopped it? nope.

your opinion and you have a right to it. was Bush the first to allow illegal immigration? I don't think so. Has obama stopped it? nope.

Reagan was the first to legislatively legitimize it.
Not that Teddy Kennedy was my hero on that issue.
GW fed the pigs who like to work hard for their money...watch their stock portfolio increase in value by lowering costs.

GW fed the pigs who like to work hard for their money...watch their stock portfolio increase in value by lowering costs.

sure some american businesses made money by using illegal labor. That should not have been allowed. The borders should be sealed.

Reagan mistakenly thought it would be a one time deal and that the dems would go along with him to stop illegal entry---he was wrong.

He did a lot more good things for this country than his few mistakes. But I get it, you hate him because of the R behind his name, not because of anything he did or didn't do.

sure some american businesses made money by using illegal labor. That should not have been allowed. The borders should be sealed.

Reagan mistakenly thought it would be a one time deal and that the dems would go along with him to stop illegal entry---he was wrong.

He did a lot more good things for this country than his few mistakes. But I get it, you hate him because of the R behind his name, not because of anything he did or didn't do.

Reagan initiated the death of the American craftsmen.
It culminated with GW's second term when US companies were no longer required to interview Americans.
We have become a nation of Attorneys and Accountants when Conservatives supposedly cry out for simpler tax codes and less litigation.
Protect our borders?
English as the official language?
Simpler tax code?
Less litigation?
GW was instrumental in creating the opposite by ensuring that our youth wasted their time on hard science.
At least admit the Republican Platform is a sham in comparison to reality.

He tripled the deficit and not a whimper from the conservatives....yup. But they conveniently forget that.

then you must hate obama, he added more dollars to the debt than all previous presidents combined.

This fact was circulated by a rightwing source. It's false. Obama's policies - the largest being the stimulus which was over 1/3 tax cuts - have not added as much to the debt as Bush. And with the sequester, it is likely that Obama will join Clinton as one of the smallest spenders since before the historic Reagan tax cuts thrust the nation into permanent structural deficits.

What do you think of Bush's strategy of hiding the costs of the Iraq War off budget in emergency spending? He didn't want the American people to see the real costs of the war, not least because of how corruptly the costs were originally misrepresented.

Obama chose to put the Bush wars back in the budget. He was warned that he would be blamed for the spending involved and the increased debt. He didn't care about being blamed - he wanted the American people to finally see what the Bush years cost.

But it gets worse. The GOP is coming back in 2016 when I think they will win the Presidency. And as we know from Reagan and Bush, Republican presidents always double the debt of their Democratic predecessors (compare Reagan's debt to Carters; Bush's to Clinton's). My point: once the GOP re-takes the White House, they are going to re-kindle the War on Terrorism, and they're going to try to hide the costs off budget again so Americans don't see the resulting debt until a Democratic president replaces them.

The real big spenders are coming back my friend. They always spend more than the Democrats. And they always lie about it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back