🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Reality" : Obama on Health Care Bill misses the conflict entirely

I don't even have any insurance. The prices are set to rise substantially in 2016.

Welcome back Emily, you sweet lady.
The prices would have risen anyway even if Obamacare hadn't been passed.

Despite what your news du jour outlet tells you, they've been going up since 1980

The main thing that bothers me is the idea that I have to buy it or be punished. I mean I don't even go to doctors unless I am dying.
The notion is that if you're involved in some catastrophic accident, and need to go the ER, and can't pay for it, that inflates medical costs for everyone.

I haven't heard a convincing argument abouth if that really is the cost driver, but I suspect it's not all of it.

By 2016, you punishment will be $695/year per individual and $249 for ea dependent/year. A caatastrophic plan, would only be about 400 more than that per year.

So they're trying to get you to the point where you can pay...what?....25% more, than the penalty...and actually get something for your money, if you wind up needing it.

The whole problem is that I'm not convinced indigent care in ERs is the whole problem

The thing is, I still have no insurance and even if I have to pay a penalty, if I had an ER stay, it would still be a cost so that didn't really change anything for me.
Yep, paying the penalty and not having insurance is what Obamacare is designed to put a stop to

The other side of it is the regulation of my body and choices.

When the government starts regulating my choices on healthcare I worry about losing my right to not turn to healthcare if I don't want to.

Second, if they want to require a basic health insurance like they do for car insurance liability that is still different then insisting on healthcare insurance.

The prices would have risen anyway even if Obamacare hadn't been passed.

Despite what your news du jour outlet tells you, they've been going up since 1980

The main thing that bothers me is the idea that I have to buy it or be punished. I mean I don't even go to doctors unless I am dying.
The notion is that if you're involved in some catastrophic accident, and need to go the ER, and can't pay for it, that inflates medical costs for everyone.

I haven't heard a convincing argument abouth if that really is the cost driver, but I suspect it's not all of it.

By 2016, you punishment will be $695/year per individual and $249 for ea dependent/year. A caatastrophic plan, would only be about 400 more than that per year.

So they're trying to get you to the point where you can pay...what?....25% more, than the penalty...and actually get something for your money, if you wind up needing it.

The whole problem is that I'm not convinced indigent care in ERs is the whole problem

The thing is, I still have no insurance and even if I have to pay a penalty, if I had an ER stay, it would still be a cost so that didn't really change anything for me.
Yep, paying the penalty and not having insurance is what Obamacare is designed to put a stop to

When the government starts regulating my choices on healthcare I worry about losing my right to not turn to healthcare if I don't want to.

Second, if they want to require a basic health insurance like they do for car insurance liability that is still different then insisting on healthcare insurance.
regulation of my body and choices?.........it would be interesting to see how many righties and lefties are for that, and against it.

Then ask the same question, of the same people, about abortion

regulation of my body and choices?.........it would be interesting to see how many righties and lefties are for that, and against it.

I have. There was a thread about a teenager that wanted to refuse cancer treatments and social services removed her from the home and she was forced to take the painful chemo treatments.

I asked why would she be allowed to have an abortion but isn't allowed to refuse chemo?

I also wonder why cities can regulate whether someone is allowed to drink a big gulp but a 12 year old can have an abortion and in 3rd term in some states.

It never makes sense to me.

RE: Obama: Health law is now 'reality,' despite what critics say

Obama Health law is now reality despite what critics say - Yahoo News

So Obama thinks the opposition to the health care bill is just "criticism"?

This is HUMAN NATURE to have free will and responsibility for one's choices in health and life.

You can't expect to rewrite human nature by "passing a law through Congress and Courts."
You are not going to change how free will and free choice operate that are inherent in humanity.

Can you convert people to Christianity or Islam "by passing a law"?
No, people inherently have a say in their faith and religion.

And same with health care choices. This cannot simply be taken or written away by legislation or judicial ruling.

Obama misses the point entirely.
This ISN'T some "arbitrary" political decision or policy.

This is HUMAN NATURE to have free will.
That's why the natural laws that went into the Constitution speak to a natural
sense of liberty, security, freedom and justice that is integral for humanity to exist in peace.

Obama understands politics, and how to play the games.
But if he thinks he can rewire and reprogram the human conscience to give up freedom of choice by passing a federal law, well, not even GOD can "make people do things" against their will. So he isn't even trying to play God, he is trying to dictate what even God cannot do!

How is this reality?
It's reality because it's the law
True.

Change the Law and you change Reality.

Q.E.D.
The Republicans have to win the white house in 2016 to do that.

None of the Republican challengers of Hillary have the right numbers to do that.

For now.

Really, the law has already been changed a number of times and the dear leader signed every change, he can keep his pen in his pocket when SCOTUS rules.
The problem with the law is that compromises won't make it effective.

We have two choices IMO.....

The way it was before Obamacare
or

Government healthcare

in between is uncharted territory, and nobody has gone there before because an already complicate system gets more complicated

The other huge problem is HIPAA, it's cost the healthcare inudstry billions and billions...it a pound of prevention for an ounce of cure

Sometimes moving back away from what has failed is progress, maobamacare is failing and countries much smaller than our have failing single payer systems.

I have. There was a thread about a teenager that wanted to refuse cancer treatments and social services removed her from the home and she was forced to take the painful chemo treatments.

I asked why would she be allowed to have an abortion but isn't allowed to refuse chemo?

I also wonder why cities can regulate whether someone is allowed to drink a big gulp but a 12 year old can have an abortion and in 3rd term in some states.

It never makes sense to me.
If I could beat the shit out of the parents of that teenaged chemo patient, it wouldn't make me, or her, feel better. But those freaks would have it coming.

Having said that...my initial reaction was defused by the simultaneous awareness that minors can get abortions without their parents permission, and somehow I think that's okay. So I'm stuck rethinking the whole thing...thanks a lot.

It's reality because it's the law
True.

Q.E.D.

None of the Republican challengers of Hillary have the right numbers to do that.

For now.

Really, the law has already been changed a number of times and the dear leader signed every change, he can keep his pen in his pocket when SCOTUS rules.

or

Government healthcare

in between is uncharted territory, and nobody has gone there before because an already complicate system gets more complicated

The other huge problem is HIPAA, it's cost the healthcare inudstry billions and billions...it a pound of prevention for an ounce of cure

Sometimes moving back away from what has failed is progress, maobamacare is failing and countries much smaller than our have failing single payer systems.
I work for a medical insurer, and Obamacare is not failing.

Membership is increasing, less than 20% of policy holders are unhappy, and most of those are unhappy because they didn't pay their premiums and got cancelled.

The only way to stop Obamacare, is to elect a Republican president in 2016, and only then if the 20% of policy holders becomes 40%, but I handle ACA accounts all day 10-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and Obamacare has metastasized itself to our industry. We just cant scrap the whole thing, hire everybody back, dust off old systems, policies, and procedures, and resume where we left off in December 2013

True.

Q.E.D.

For now.

or

Government healthcare

Membership is increasing, less than 20% of policy holders are unhappy, and most of those are unhappy because they didn't pay their premiums and got cancelled.

The only way to stop Obamacare, is to elect a Republican president in 2016, and only then if the 20% of policy holders becomes 40%, but I handle ACA accounts all day 10-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and Obamacare has metastasized itself to our industry. We just cant scrap the whole thing, hire everybody back, dust off old systems, policies, and procedures, and resume where we left off in December 2013

And what happens when these subsidies go away and your liability pool shrinks?

True.

Q.E.D.

For now.

or

Government healthcare

That's OK... perhaps we should throw caution to the wind... kill the thing... devil take the consequences... and see what happens next? Shake things up a little?

For now.

or

Government healthcare

Not real strong on math, and projecting end-game outcomes based upon same, are they?

For now.

or

Government healthcare

That will only affect the red states, because state exchanges are not going to be part of that.

In the red state I handle...it's going to suck for the 90,000 policy holders we have with subsidies, if they don't also strike down the personal mandate at the same time.

Picture that...90,000 people who had insurance, and then don't. Because they can't afford the premium without the subsidies. So! by end of 2016, and taxes come around, they'll be getting hit with the $695/person and $249/dep penalty for not haing insurance, and we're only one of the insurers.

It'll be interesting if the SCOTUS does what you're hoping for.

For now.

or

Government healthcare

That's OK... perhaps we should throw caution to the wind... kill the thing... devil take the consequences... and see what happens next? Shake things up a little?
I gather you don't have an Obamacare plan

True.

Q.E.D.

For now.

or

Government healthcare

You mean because it is the "law" to have health insurance?

or

Government healthcare

We all suffer from the failed Obamacare bill..

RE: Obama: Health law is now 'reality,' despite what critics say

Obama Health law is now reality despite what critics say - Yahoo News

So Obama thinks the opposition to the health care bill is just "criticism"?

This is HUMAN NATURE to have free will and responsibility for one's choices in health and life.

You can't expect to rewrite human nature by "passing a law through Congress and Courts."
You are not going to change how free will and free choice operate that are inherent in humanity.

Can you convert people to Christianity or Islam "by passing a law"?
No, people inherently have a say in their faith and religion.

And same with health care choices. This cannot simply be taken or written away by legislation or judicial ruling.

Obama misses the point entirely.
This ISN'T some "arbitrary" political decision or policy.

This is HUMAN NATURE to have free will.
That's why the natural laws that went into the Constitution speak to a natural
sense of liberty, security, freedom and justice that is integral for humanity to exist in peace.

Obama understands politics, and how to play the games.
But if he thinks he can rewire and reprogram the human conscience to give up freedom of choice by passing a federal law, well, not even GOD can "make people do things" against their will. So he isn't even trying to play God, he is trying to dictate what even God cannot do!

How is this reality?
It's really a law, and it's providing coverage to over a million voters in swing states.

Take your free or affordable health care, your free tests, guaranteed coverage and annual cap on spending and like it, brainwashed functional morons...

or

Government healthcare

That will only affect the red states, because state exchanges are not going to be part of that.

In the red state I handle...it's going to suck for the 90,000 policy holders we have with subsidies, if they don't also strike down the personal mandate at the same time.

Picture that...90,000 people who had insurance, and then don't. Because they can't afford the premium without the subsidies. So! by end of 2016, and taxes come around, they'll be getting hit with the $695/person and $249/dep penalty for not haing insurance, and we're only one of the insurers.

They should have never upheld the individual mandate to begin with and in doing so creating a new unconstitutional direct tax.

For now.

or

Government healthcare

You mean because it is the "law" to have health insurance?
About 1 of every 20 people I talk to have their plans because they'll be penalized if they don't. Bear in mind, this is just a random sampling of the people who've brought the subject up, in the state I handle...results may vary.

The other 19 of 20, only the ones I've talked to, and only those, seem to have the plans because they couldn't find insurance before.

or

Government healthcare

We all suffer from the failed Obamacare bill..
Not sure how you've suffered, other than emotionally...but I know more about Obamacare than pundits and politicians on TV.

It's good and bad, and none of that is because of liberal ideology VS conservative ideology within the framework of the program.

The good and the bad all comes from people changing it all the time, doctors who refuse to take plan holders based on their ideology, and people who sign up and don't pay their bills

or

Government healthcare

They should have never upheld the individual mandate to begin with and in doing so creating a new unconstitutional direct tax.
However anyone comes down on the mandate...I do believe it is the one thing that can undo the whole thing.

Why do you think Republicans have been going after it so hard. It doesn't have anything to do with constitutionality, it has everything do with it being Obamacare's weak spot, so it's a political battleground with no thought from politicians about how people are affected

Forum List

Back