🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Reason #6,845 Why Americans Hate Our Government

The linked article below is from December 2019, new owner's options are limited. What I got out of it is that pretty much one is screwed if they go through closing with the prior owner's ass not out of the house. A good lesson.

The Seller’s Still in My House After Closing, What Do I Do? (homelight.com)
California Dems made it illegal to evict anyone for any reason last year.

September 1 2020
The Trump administration is ordering a halt on evictions nationwide through December for people who have lost work during the pandemic and don't have other good housing options.

The new eviction ban is being enacted through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The goal is to stem the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, which the agency says in its order "presents a historic threat to public health."
www.npr.org>sections>corona-virus-liv-updates
A. They’re not renters.
B. That order expired.
C. “Her frustrated husband says when he contacted law enforcement, they told him, "If you were in Arizona, if you were in Nevada, this wouldn't be a problem, you would just go take your house back. But in California, like our hands are tied, even though we're on your side, there's nothing we can do."

Selling a property does not create a tenancy out of thin air,

That's not what I've read in regards to common residential home sales. Which makes sense to me, since the buyer just can't get his money back because legal ownership of the property has been transferred.
Staying Past Closing
If you can't work anything out with the buyer and you stay past closing, you and the buyer may end up in a precarious legal situation. Technically, you become a tenant of the property, and he becomes your landlord. However, since you haven't paid any rent, he can evict you.
How Long Do You Have to Remove Your Possessions After Selling a House? (pocketsense.com)

What To Do When The HoldOver Seller Won’t Move
The legal action in this case would be much the same as a landlord/tenant dispute and would be handled under the Pennsylvania’s Landlord and Tenant Act, specifically the section known as “trespasser in possession”.
Is Your Seller Not Moved Out After The Closing? | Beier Law

Selling a property does not create a tenancy out of thin air,

That's not what I've read in regards to common residential home sales. Which makes sense to me, since the buyer just can't get his money back because legal ownership of the property has been transferred.
Staying Past Closing
If you can't work anything out with the buyer and you stay past closing, you and the buyer may end up in a precarious legal situation. Technically, you become a tenant of the property, and he becomes your landlord. However, since you haven't paid any rent, he can evict you.
How Long Do You Have to Remove Your Possessions After Selling a House? (pocketsense.com)

What To Do When The HoldOver Seller Won’t Move
The legal action in this case would be much the same as a landlord/tenant dispute and would be handled under the Pennsylvania’s Landlord and Tenant Act, specifically the section known as “trespasser in possession”.
Is Your Seller Not Moved Out After The Closing? | Beier Law
Canuck thinks she’s a US Lawyer.

The linked article below is from December 2019, new owner's options are limited. What I got out of it is that pretty much one is screwed if they go through closing with the prior owner's ass not out of the house. A good lesson.

The Seller’s Still in My House After Closing, What Do I Do? (homelight.com)
California Dems made it illegal to evict anyone for any reason last year.

September 1 2020
The Trump administration is ordering a halt on evictions nationwide through December for people who have lost work during the pandemic and don't have other good housing options.

The new eviction ban is being enacted through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The goal is to stem the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, which the agency says in its order "presents a historic threat to public health."
www.npr.org>sections>corona-virus-liv-updates
A. They’re not renters.
B. That order expired.
C. “Her frustrated husband says when he contacted law enforcement, they told him, "If you were in Arizona, if you were in Nevada, this wouldn't be a problem, you would just go take your house back. But in California, like our hands are tied, even though we're on your side, there's nothing we can do."

In some states, the law covers foreclosures to, IDK whether that applies in case this too but with enough exposure, with the $$$ involved, hopefully, someone will get the freeloader out.

Forum List

Back