🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Record 94,610,000 Americans Not in Labor Force - Breitbart

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
Where are the idiot Democrats who spout lower unemployment under Obama than under Bush.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to discouragement, retirement or otherwise — represented a substantial 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.

While the prior two months saw a labor force participation rate of 62.2 percent, September’s participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, matching the lowest level seen since October 1977.

The civilian labor force in September clocked in at 156,715,000, declining by 350,000 people, compared to August’s 157,065,000 labor force level.

In total 148,800,000 people were employed last month, 7,915,000 were unemployed, and 5,955,000 people were looking for a job.

Where are the idiot Democrats who spout lower unemployment under Obama than under Bush.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to discouragement, retirement or otherwise — represented a substantial 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.

While the prior two months saw a labor force participation rate of 62.2 percent, September’s participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, matching the lowest level seen since October 1977.

The civilian labor force in September clocked in at 156,715,000, declining by 350,000 people, compared to August’s 157,065,000 labor force level.

In total 148,800,000 people were employed last month, 7,915,000 were unemployed, and 5,955,000 people were looking for a job.

How f...ing stupid do you have to be to fall for this EVERY MONTH BLS announces another boffo employment report?

Seriously...

Scrub's lower U3 numbers are a function of what he was bequeathed......on a nominal basis, private sector payrolls CONTRACTED between 2/2001 and 2/2009.......that is DISMAL.....

First off, the OP's source is Breitbart, so the information is more than likely sketchy.

And............the population of the United States is only about 300 million, so if 94 million people were out of the labor force, that means we'd have roughly 1 out of 3 people who are unemployed.

Me? I'm retired, but live on a street where people live, and damn near every last one of my neighbors has a job, there are only about 3 other retirees on my street, and everyone else is employed.

How do I know? I see them leave for their jobs in the morning and come back in the afternoon, as well as talk to them.

I think the OP is full of crap.

First off, the OP's source is Breitbart, so the information is more than likely sketchy.

And............the population of the United States is only about 300 million, so if 94 million people were out of the labor force, that means we'd have roughly 1 out of 3 people who are unemployed.

Me? I'm retired, but live on a street where people live, and damn near every last one of my neighbors has a job, there are only about 3 other retirees on my street, and everyone else is employed.

How do I know? I see them leave for their jobs in the morning and come back in the afternoon, as well as talk to them.

You must live in a nice neighborhood. Not everybody does.

It isn't like loserterisnim and granting another fucking massive tax cut for the super rich is going to change anything. The same people that off source most of our industry is who you want to reward? WTF???

How about rebuilding the middle class and educating our children?

You must live in a nice neighborhood. Not everybody does.

I wouldn't classify it as nice per se, more like average for Amarillo. Yes, most people mow their lawns (a couple don't), and most of the houses are decent but old (like from the 40's and 50's).

Actually, the OP is just a sucker........the labor participation rate has the employed and "unemployed" in the numerator and EVERYONE OVER 16 NOT IN AN INSTITUTION in the denominator......

For another illustration of how silly this is, take a look ath the graph for total nonfarm employment

fredgraph.jpg

Looking at the scale of the vertical axis, does it make any sense that at some point 90 million people just woke up without jobs at some point after January, 2009?

CNS has been putting out this crap every month over the past several years - during which time the economy has added jobs at a rate 2-3 times the rate of labor force growth....

What part of "Record" did you people not understand.

What part of Baby Boomers as a share of total population are you struggling to come to grips with? 10,000 people turn 65 every day.....the bulge began in - now get this - 2011.......Subtract 65 from 2011, and tell me what you get......

You are counted in the numbers because you're retired.

They are out of the labor force because they aren't LOOKING FOR WORK. Which means they DON'T NEED A JOB!! So why would they need to include their numbers?

Many of those numbers are BABY BOOMERS who are retired. But who needs nuance when you're an idiot?

Forum List

Back