🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Record 94,610,000 Americans Not in Labor Force - Breitbart

and --> The labor-force participation-rate, which shows the number of people with or looking for a job, remains at 62.6 percent. That low level was last seen in the 1970s when relatively few women worked.

First off, the OP's source is Breitbart, so the information is more than likely sketchy.

And............the population of the United States is only about 300 million, so if 94 million people were out of the labor force, that means we'd have roughly 1 out of 3 people who are unemployed.

Me? I'm retired, but live on a street where people live, and damn near every last one of my neighbors has a job, there are only about 3 other retirees on my street, and everyone else is employed.

How do I know? I see them leave for their jobs in the morning and come back in the afternoon, as well as talk to them.

I think the OP is full of crap.
I own a bee farm and the bees in every hive are fully employed making honey so there's no unemployment from my point of view.

and --> The labor-force participation-rate, which shows the number of people with or looking for a job, remains at 62.6 percent. That low level was last seen in the 1970s when relatively few women worked.

Cleetus......

The participation rate is calculated by taking all those who are either employed of "unemployed" (in BLS parlance, those who are actively seeking employment) "the Labor Force" and dividing that by EVERYONE OVER 16 NOT IN AN INSTITUTION.....

Guess what effect demographics have on the LFPR?

First off, the OP's source is Breitbart, so the information is more than likely sketchy.

And............the population of the United States is only about 300 million, so if 94 million people were out of the labor force, that means we'd have roughly 1 out of 3 people who are unemployed.

Me? I'm retired, but live on a street where people live, and damn near every last one of my neighbors has a job, there are only about 3 other retirees on my street, and everyone else is employed.

How do I know? I see them leave for their jobs in the morning and come back in the afternoon, as well as talk to them.

I own a bee farm and the bees in every hive are fully employed making honey so there's no unemployment from my point of view.

And I bet most of them were just sitting around drinking nectar and scrapping in early 2009....

And I bet most of them were just sitting around drinking nectar and scrapping in early 2009....
A number not seen since 50% of today's workforce (women) weren't working back in the 70's.

A number not seen since 50% of today's workforce (women) weren't working back in the 70's.

Guess what the real GDP growth rate was back then......

Slyhunter has trouble grasping the meaning of numbers. Most ideologues right or left can be cunningly stupid when they want to be.

You are counted in the numbers because you're retired.

They are out of the labor force because they aren't LOOKING FOR WORK. Which means they DON'T NEED A JOB!! So why would they need to include their numbers?

Many of those numbers are BABY BOOMERS who are retired. But who needs nuance when you're an idiot?

Easy....ABIKERSAILOR has it correct....read his post again,,,,

Where are the idiot Democrats who spout lower unemployment under Obama than under Bush.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to discouragement, retirement or otherwise — represented a substantial 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.

While the prior two months saw a labor force participation rate of 62.2 percent, September’s participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, matching the lowest level seen since October 1977.

The civilian labor force in September clocked in at 156,715,000, declining by 350,000 people, compared to August’s 157,065,000 labor force level.

In total 148,800,000 people were employed last month, 7,915,000 were unemployed, and 5,955,000 people were looking for a job.

300 PLUS MILLION people in this country and you're upset about those numbers.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET A EFFIN LIFE...YOU NEED ONE!!

Where are the idiot Democrats who spout lower unemployment under Obama than under Bush.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to discouragement, retirement or otherwise — represented a substantial 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.

While the prior two months saw a labor force participation rate of 62.2 percent, September’s participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, matching the lowest level seen since October 1977.

The civilian labor force in September clocked in at 156,715,000, declining by 350,000 people, compared to August’s 157,065,000 labor force level.

In total 148,800,000 people were employed last month, 7,915,000 were unemployed, and 5,955,000 people were looking for a job.

If this is the case why do we keep closing abortion clinics.

Why don't we have drive-thru Planned Parenthood and birth control required for unfit parents.

Why don't we have drive-thru Planned Parenthood and birth control required for unfit parents.
I think this is OT but I'm all for the sterilization of all poor people. They can have kids once they can afford to undo the surgery.

many of those working are under employed or struggling with two or more jobs

I think this is OT but I'm all for the sterilization of all poor people. They can have kids once they can afford to undo the surgery.
And that comment is why you are here for grins and chuckles and mockery only.

Especially if yer a white guy...

Labor Force Participation Rate Hits All-Time Low for American Men
October 2, 2015 - The labor force participation rate for men hit an all-time low of 68.7 percent in September, the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday.
Last month, according to BLS, the male civilian non-institutional population, consisting of all males 16 or older who are not in the military or an institution was 121,365,000. Of those 121,365,000 men, 83,402,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one. The 83,402,000 men who participated in the labor force in September equaled 68.7 percent of the 121,365,000 male civilian noninstitutional population. That is the lowest labor force participation rate for men since BLS began keeping the labor force participation rate in 1948.

In January 1948, 86.7 percent of men 16 and over were participating in the natilabor force. The participation rate for men was 72.4 percent when President Obama took office in 2009. The labor force participation rate for women generally climbed in the first five decades after World War II. In January 1948, it was 32.0. In April 200, it hit a peak of 60.3 percent. From this August to September, it dropped from 56.7 percent to 56.4 percent--a low not seen in 27 years.

In September, BLS says there were 129,960,000 women 16 and older in the nation's civilian noninstitutional population, and 73,313,000 of them participated by holding a job or actively looking for one. In January 1948, the first year BLS recorded such data, 32 percent of women 16 and over were participating in the nations civilian labor force. The participation rate for women 16 and over was 59.4 percent when President Obama took office. The highest it's been this year is 56.8 in both January and May.

Labor Force Participation Rate Hits All-Time Low for American Men

How f...ing stupid do you have to be to fall for this EVERY MONTH BLS announces another boffo employment report?

Seriously...
He was reporting an observation in the employment data, what is there to fall for?

The unemployable/no longer seeking work count has never been higher, and that is due to Obama's pathetic failure in setting economic policy.

Actually, the OP is just a sucker........the labor participation rate has the employed and "unemployed" in the numerator and EVERYONE OVER 16 NOT IN AN INSTITUTION in the denominator......

The OP is about the population that is no longer counted as in the labor pool, not the labor participation pool.

They are totally different pools and BOTH can go up or down simultaneously.

Please, pull your head out of your ass. Obama's economy sucks turds.

Also the number is from the federal government, not Breit Bart.

Well, happens when you allow the super rich to out source, bring in h1b's and shut out competition. Thank Reagan! The bastard was the greatest gift the super rich ever had.

Well, happens when you allow the super rich to out source, bring in h1b's and shut out competition. Thank Reagan! The bastard was the greatest gift the super rich ever had.

The abuse of H1-Bs started AFTER Reagan. Not sure why you hate Reagan so much, dude. More people saw their income go up than any other time since 1970.

H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back