Red State Rush

The economy IS political.
if someone moves from California to Texas because houses are cheaper, then how is this a political decision? Walk me through that one.

1675805991268.jpeg

if someone moves from California to Texas because houses are cheaper, then how is this a political decision? Walk me through that one.

View attachment 754841
The reason houses are so much more expensive in California is partly due to supply vs demand, but also because of wage/hour/union rules, laws, policy, environmental policy, taxes on land and building supplies etc., all of which are driven by politics.

The reason houses are so much more expensive in California is partly due to supply vs demand, but also because of wage/hour/union rules, laws, policy, environmental policy, taxes on land and building supplies etc., all of which are driven by politics.
If people are willing to buy houses at $X, then that is what they will sell for.

The unions, laws, environmental policies, etc. aren’t going to change that. Consumers have choice. They can choose to pay more to live in California or they can choose to live in Texas and pay less.

I can choose to purchase a Ferrari or I can choose to purchase a Ford. Is that a political decision too?

Don’t you think that housing prices might be a reason for someone moving out of state?

View attachment 754840
Those postings were from YEARS ago. I recognize the one on the right. It is often used as the model for high prices in California. People use that house on YouTube to compare housing prices in various other countries.

If people are willing to buy houses at $X, then that is what they will sell for.

The unions, laws, environmental policies, etc. aren’t going to change that. Consumers have choice. They can choose to pay more to live in California or they can choose to live in Texas and pay less.

I can choose to purchase a Ferrari or I can choose to purchase a Ford. Is that a political decision too?
It becomes a political decision when they put enough expense, mandates, restrictions on automobiles that your choices become more and more limited. It becomes a political decision when you are forced to buy an ev instead of an suv. It is a political decision when taxes, rules, regulations make where you would prefer to live too expensive so that you are forced to live someplace you wouldn't have otherwise chosen.

Face it Democrats, they're just not into high taxes, crime and your crap.

Hopefully they won't go there and vote for the things that made them flee

You know they will.

Those postings were from YEARS ago.
So let’s look at what they’re valued at now.

According to Zillow, the California house valued at $573,000. Texas house valued at $559,000.

Thanks for making my point for me.

It becomes a political decision when they put enough expense, mandates, restrictions on automobiles that your choices become more and more limited. It becomes a political decision when you are forced to buy an ev instead of an suv.
And despite all of that, they still have a choice now don’t they? Nobody is forcing anyone to live in California.

Your argument feels like you’re trying to mash two puzzle pieces together when they don’t actually fit.

People make financial decisions based on price. I choose not to have a $500 steak dinner tonight because I don’t want to pay that much. My decision isn’t political. Not complicated. No mangled puzzle pieces necessary.

Last edited:
And despite all of that, they still have a choice now don’t they? Nobody is forcing anyone to live in California.

Your argument feels like you’re trying to mash two puzzle pieces together when they don’t actually fit.

People make financial decisions based on price. I choose not to have a $500 steak dinner tonight because I don’t want to pay that much. My decision isn’t political. Not complicated. No mangled puzzle pieces necessary.
My argument was simply to explain that often people leave one state for another for political reasons. This thread is about migration of citizens from one state to another.

My argument was simply to explain that often people leave one state for another for political reasons.
And sometimes they leave for financial reasons, obviously. (See post #55)

There’s no need to try to conflate the two.

1675821649469.gif

Forum List

Back