Red State Rush

You'd be wise to check out housing prices in Florida and then comment
home prices (apt & house) prices in Brooklyn, Boston, & DC exceed $650k
Fl median is $332K

The pandemic and remote work allowed people to move to better climates in bigger homes and less crowded communities.

Taxes are like 8th on the list.

Well, that's what happens when you have no regulations and spend nothing on education, healthcare, or public assistance.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think you are understanding the picture. People are moving out of blue states in droves because it costs too much. Your solution is to tell them they are making a mistake and that they should enjoy living in a place where they can't afford to live?

No.

For example, I mean housing is expensive in California because people want to live there. The more people that want to live in a state, the higher housing costs are because the demand goes up.

Many red states currently have lower housing costs because people didn't want to live there; the demand for housing is lower.

Of course taxes and regulations effect housing prices somewhat but that accounts for only a small portion of housing costs.

California has seen a third consecutive year of population loss. More and more people want to get out.

Portland is a shithole. I noticed in the article that Oregon is worried about losing tax revenue due to the population loss. It's not really something they have to worry about because they have a very simple solution to that problem - raise taxes higher on everyone still left in the state. What could possibly go wrong?

It's sad what has happened to Portland, yet the idiots there continue to elect the same 'woke' politicians over and over and over.
You know what they say about the definition of insanity.........

Housing prices are a big reason for this. They’re moving to places that are more affordable.

I don’t think this is anywhere near as politically-motivated as you would like it to be.

Texas and Florida aren't all that affordable these days. Depends on where you are going to, I guess.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think you are understanding the picture. People are moving out of blue states in droves because it costs too much. Your solution is to tell them they are making a mistake and that they should enjoy living in a place where they can't afford to live?
My solution? People can move where they want to move. I moved to Arizona to be closer to National Parks an the Pacific. It was a red state for a very long time.

Its starting to change to purple (where it should be).

It's sad what has happened to Portland, yet the idiots there continue to elect the same 'woke' politicians over and over and over.
You know what they say about the definition of insanity.........
It's all part of their meme that when their policies don't work the answer is to do more of what doesn't work because the only reason it didn't work is because they didn't do enough of it. Surely their policies can't fail so the only reason they are failing is because they didn't go far enough.

It's all part of their meme that when their policies don't work the answer is to do more of what doesn't work because the only reason it didn't work is because they didn't do enough of it. Surely their policies can't fail so the only reason they are failing is because they didn't go far enough.

It's called doubling down on stupid

No.

For example, I mean housing is expensive in California because people want to live there. The more people that want to live in a state, the higher housing costs are because the demand goes up.

Many red states currently have lower housing costs because people didn't want to live there; the demand for housing is lower.

Of course taxes and regulations effect housing prices somewhat but that accounts for only a small portion of housing costs.
This is about people leaving the high demand states and largely because of the aforementioned drug addiction coddled and perpetuated by democrats.

This is about people leaving the high demand states and largely because of the aforementioned drug addiction coddled and perpetuated by democrats.
That's the reason you have been trained to believe because you have to hate the other party.

Odd how many red states have the highest rates of drug overdoses...it's almost like you have been lied too.

So now what?

Claim the CDC is the deep state and lying?
Claim blue states don't claim drug overdoses?
Claim it's because of blue cities?

Which direction will you go?

Let's wait and see.

My solution? People can move where they want to move. I moved to Arizona to be closer to National Parks an the Pacific. It was a red state for a very long time.

Its starting to change to purple (where it should be).

National parks and the pacific? Why didn't you move to California/Oregon/Washington then?

They have gone higher.

With house prices skyrocketing, get priced out and move out-of-state. It’s not complicated.
Housing prices over the last half century or more is the result of an abused fiat currency. They became an investment and manipulated that started from politicians for their power and money and those in the peasant class who take advantage of other peasants.

National parks and the pacific? Why didn't you move to California/Oregon/Washington then?
Washington beaches are in a perpetual state of fall. Nearly always cold and/or rainy.

Years of clam digging as a kid taught me that.

I would stick with Oregon and California beaches.

Dont think think you might be leaving out a couple other issues that are driving this exodus?
Don’t you think that housing prices might be a reason for someone moving out of state?

1675805658022.jpeg

Forum List

Back