Redskins

My High School is still named the Red Raiders.

redraidermat.jpg

That's good, so shouldnt we all ban together to stop this shit??? It's rediculous, if it wasnt for sport most people wouldnt know what a UTE or a chippewa was....now they would know seminoles, but they seem to be the only sane people....along with us free speechers around

I think it is a business decision he and his fans should make. As a Cowboy fan I will hate them no matter their name...

most fans want the old name by a large margin

I can't stand the Redskins, but they've moved up a couple notches on the list.

yeah I'm a Chargers fan, but I'm really liking the skins, with this and RGIII.....how can you not!

RGIII is a pleasure to watch, I just hope Shanny didn't wreck him.

Seahawks for me, and I'm happy with our young fella too. NFC west from the worst to one of the toughest in football this coming season.

Redskins Owner Dan Snyder on Name Debate: ?We?ll Never Change the Name? « CBS DC

I love it, the politically correct are going to HATE this guy.

That’s what Redskins owner Daniel Snyder told USA Today Sports Thursday, with the added caveat, “you can use caps.”

So fuck off libtards!!!!!!! FREE SPEECH RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lean right and I always hated that kid..but good for him for not wanting to change the name. I still never see what the big deal is. Indians are warriors, in dont degrade them, I wouldnt care if a sports team named themselfs the fighting pollocks or krauts (and I am half polish and german) in fact I found out a texas minor league football team named themselfs after my last name. I never could figure how they got that name because it is so rare in the U.S. and world. (Only like 3 different familys in the U.S. has that last name and none live inTexas)

Nothing wrong with Indians, Utes, Chippewas, Sioux, Warriors, Vikings, Pirates, etc. Redskins, on the other hand, is a pejorative. A degrading term not unlike ******, ****, wop, coon, fag, etc. Not surprising that the right wingers are all for it. They do like name calling and putdowns.

My High School is still named the Red Raiders.

redraidermat.jpg

That's good, so shouldnt we all ban together to stop this shit??? It's rediculous, if it wasnt for sport most people wouldnt know what a UTE or a chippewa was....now they would know seminoles, but they seem to be the only sane people....along with us free speechers around

I think it is a business decision he and his fans should make. As a Cowboy fan I will hate them no matter their name...
Cowboy isn't gender neutral. Perhaps they should be renamed the Cowpeople or Cow herders instead?

Hofstra changed their mascot from Flying Dutchmen to Pride. HOw could you even be offended by Flying Dutchmen? It's either a ghost ship or a european group of people. Not gender neutral? Screw that.

Redskins Owner Dan Snyder on Name Debate: ?We?ll Never Change the Name? « CBS DC

That’s what Redskins owner Daniel Snyder told USA Today Sports Thursday, with the added caveat, “you can use caps.”

I lean right and I always hated that kid..but good for him for not wanting to change the name. I still never see what the big deal is. Indians are warriors, in dont degrade them, I wouldnt care if a sports team named themselfs the fighting pollocks or krauts (and I am half polish and german) in fact I found out a texas minor league football team named themselfs after my last name. I never could figure how they got that name because it is so rare in the U.S. and world. (Only like 3 different familys in the U.S. has that last name and none live inTexas)

Nothing wrong with Indians, Utes, Chippewas, Sioux, Warriors, Vikings, Pirates, etc. Redskins, on the other hand, is a pejorative. A degrading term not unlike ******, ****, wop, coon, fag, etc. Not surprising that the right wingers are all for it. They do like name calling and putdowns.

What is "fag" derogatory of given the word has changed meaning multiple times over the years?

When a British person says the word "fag" is it derogatory?

Wait a second? who ruined words? I remember a epsisode of the brady bunch in the 70's when Carol said to mike "I am "gay" if you are" (gay = happy at the time.) and who messed up that word today? the right????

What is "fag" derogatory of given the word has changed meaning multiple times over the years?

The word "fag" to brits means smokes...... I get a star for knowing that

PC, bullying or racism?

rw's will always go with whatever they think will hurt the most members of a minority so, frankly, I think its best to ignore their opinions.

Is it PC that we don't call an all-black team The Fighting *******?

Is it PC that I don't call rw's ignorant racist pigs? Maybe they're not. Maybe they're just stupid and scared to think for themselves.

Seriously, would you say the same if it was Jewish team called The Kikes? How far is too far?

I do agree that many people don't have a clue about Native Americans. But they sure as hell know how to hate.

Obviously, you've never been to GB.

Wait a second? who ruined words? I remember a epsisode of the brady bunch in the 70's when Carol said to mike "I am "gay" if you are" (gay = happy at the time.) and who messed up that word today? the right????

Heh, it should have been Mike saying that to Carol. In any case, I don't really care. I have a lot more pressing things to worry about than what some billionaire wants to call his sports team. I imagine he has tons of $$$ tied up in the branding of his franchise and doesn't want to change anything unless it makes him money somehow. I do wonder how much support he would have if the franchise was called the Washington *******?

Who "RUINED" words?

Redskin, Squaw - are you really saying those words were okay? If so, you are WRONG.

Whites have hated NA's ever since they stole their land. Calling them things like "redskins" and "squaws" was just one way of showing it.

PC, bullying or racism?

rw's will always go with whatever they think will hurt the most members of a minority so, frankly, I think its best to ignore their opinions.

Is it PC that we don't call an all-black team The Fighting *******?

Is it PC that I don't call rw's ignorant racist pigs? Maybe they're not. Maybe they're just stupid and scared to think for themselves.

Seriously, would you say the same if it was Jewish team called The Kikes? How far is too far?

I do agree that many people don't have a clue about Native Americans. But they sure as hell know how to hate.

Yea right Hate. if in your world if we had the Fighting ******* or kites and they won 10 super bowls in a row.. hell it would then become a great word.....

Who "RUINED" words?

Redskin, Squaw - are you really saying those words were okay? If so, you are WRONG.

Whites have hated NA's ever since they stole their land. Calling them things like "redskins" and "squaws" was just one way of showing it.

Bwahahahahaha dont try to spin it. today is 2013 not 1845. We were taught history dork.. Today we have as much honor for the brave indians as we do the cowboys.....

Obviously, you've never been to GB.

What? I knew a GB boat racer who tried to cross the english channel in a 750cc hydro. in the 70's that had his pack of fags when he tried to set the record. And a fucking oil tanker wave stopped him in his tracks.

Hahaha luddly finally arrived....with his pc liberal bullying self......

Go fuck yourself....how did i know your were going to have a problem with this?......and what business is it of yours to say what anyone should or should not name their team....?

I love it when liberals like you claim to be for free speech.......hahahah

And you liberals like to say ****** alot.....tisk tisk

Forum List

Back