Refusal over personal beliefs

Apples and oranges.

In one instance, you are refusing service to somebody because of what they are. In the other, you are refusing to participate in a ritual that offends your religious beliefs.

Nobody was refused services because they were gay. They were refused services because they didn't want to be part of a gay wedding.

But they are willing to part of a non-gay wedding which by definition makes them discriminators against gays.
No, they discriminate against gay weddings. Gays aren't gay weddings. Ask a child to walk you through it.

That is simply wrong. They are a business providing a service. They want to refuse to provide that service to gays. That is discrimination.
Small businesses are made up of.........

wait for it..............

PEOPLE...............OH MY FUCKING GOD.......

And people HAVE BELIEFS that under the Constitution are protected....as to hold Religious Beliefs and NOT FORCE THEM to do something against those beliefs...........

It's different if it's a WALMART CHAIN...........with massive amounts of customers............

You will FORCE THEM to PARTICIPATE THAT IS AGAINST THEIR RELIGION.........Denying them of their Religious Liberty............and say IT'S THE LAW..............

but tomorrow you will saying BAKING A REBEL CAKE can be BANNED...........

And tomorrow you will say that BANDS can REFUSE SERVICE because they are OFFENDED BY LAW......

You liberals are all over the map on positions...............Hell I don't know how you can navigate across a city.

If you're going to argue with me argue against my beliefs.
Which ones...................your yelling to ban everything with a Rebel Flag in the past.....................while you say YOU WILL BAKE THAT CAKE...............

But they are willing to part of a non-gay wedding which by definition makes them discriminators against gays.
No, they discriminate against gay weddings. Gays aren't gay weddings. Ask a child to walk you through it.

That is simply wrong. They are a business providing a service. They want to refuse to provide that service to gays. That is discrimination.

And people HAVE BELIEFS that under the Constitution are protected....as to hold Religious Beliefs and NOT FORCE THEM to do something against those beliefs...........

It's different if it's a WALMART CHAIN...........with massive amounts of customers............

You will FORCE THEM to PARTICIPATE THAT IS AGAINST THEIR RELIGION.........Denying them of their Religious Liberty............and say IT'S THE LAW..............

And tomorrow you will say that BANDS can REFUSE SERVICE because they are OFFENDED BY LAW......

You liberals are all over the map on positions...............Hell I don't know how you can navigate across a city.

Which ones...................your yelling to ban everything with a Rebel Flag in the past.....................while you say YOU WILL BAKE THAT CAKE...............

Rebel flags aren't protected by PA laws. So, for example you can't force a flag maker to make a rebel flag. However, if a flag maker makes a rebel flag then he has to sell them to everyone covered by PA laws. Usually race, religion and sexual orientation.

You are annoyingly ignorant.

"We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service" rule does not apply anymore???? Hmmmm...I see them all the time in various businesses....so what gives? I guess I better find one of those businesses, act like an asshole and when they refuse to sell me their goods and/or services? I will simply get some ambulance chasing barrister to hammer out an of court settlement that works on a contingency bases......

That sign does not reflect compliance with the law. No such comprehensive right exists.
Wrong. The right exists except where progressive PA laws were imposed.

Where in the US can a business, open to the public, refuse service to a black man, only because of his race?

Apples and oranges.

In one instance, you are refusing service to somebody because of what they are. In the other, you are refusing to participate in a ritual that offends your religious beliefs.

Nobody was refused services because they were gay. They were refused services because they didn't want to be part of a gay wedding.
Wrong.

They refused to accommodate a gay patron in a state whose public accommodations law has a provision prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation, the reason for the refusal is irrelevant and not ‘justification’ for denying the service; the fact remains that a patron was refused service because of his sexual orientation.

No, they were refused service because of the ritual that the baker was asked to make a cake for.

In comparison, if the Grand Poobah goes into a black owned bakery, and requests a cake for his KKK meeting, that black baker should not be allowed to refuse the request based on his beliefs?

The baker would not be refusing to serve this guy because he's white, he's refusing to participate in his party because of his moral or religious objections. But I bet if the KKK were to sue this guy into bankruptcy, you liberals would be all over this forum telling us how his constitutional rights were violated.

Rebel flags aren't protected by PA laws. So, for example you can't force a flag maker to make a rebel flag. However, if a flag maker makes a rebel flag then he has to sell them to everyone covered by PA laws. Usually race, religion and sexual orientation.

We entered the SPIN ZONE...........

Splitting hairs there skippy....................................You will deny the Christians their right to refuse to serve something against their beliefs but GO YES BAN A DANG FLAG...........................

You are a HYPOCRITE...............nothing more nothing less...............

Splitting hairs there skippy....................................You will deny the Christians their right to refuse to serve something against their beliefs but GO YES BAN A DANG FLAG...........................

Baking a cake is not against a baker's religion. However, you can't force a baker to make a cake with a huge dick on it if it's not on the menu either.

Replace dick with rebel flag in the above sentence, you'll figure it out...or not.

"We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service" rule does not apply anymore???? Hmmmm...I see them all the time in various businesses....so what gives? I guess I better find one of those businesses, act like an asshole and when they refuse to sell me their goods and/or services? I will simply get some ambulance chasing barrister to hammer out an of court settlement that works on a contingency bases......

That sign does not reflect compliance with the law. No such comprehensive right exists.

Where in the US can a business, open to the public, refuse service to a black man, only because of his race?

Apples and oranges.

No, because normal weddings are not against their religious or moral beliefs. SS weddings are.

Apples and oranges.

No, because normal weddings are not against their religious or moral beliefs. SS weddings are.

Kind of depends on the religon, eh? Let's say a Baptist making a cake for a Catholic wedding...guess who has to make the cake?

Baking a cake is not against a bakers religion. However, you can't force a baker to make a cake with a huge dick on it if it's no on the menu either.

Replace dick with rebel flag in the above sentence, you'll figure it out...or not.
They refused to serve it to the wedding...............Had it been just bake a wedding cake they probably would have done it anyway.........Mr. Dumbass........

Check this out Mr. Hypocrite..

Baking a cake is not against a bakers religion. However, you can't force a baker to make a cake with a huge dick on it if it's no on the menu either.

They refused to serve it to the wedding...............Had it been just bake a wedding cake they probably would have done it anyway.........Mr. Dumbass........

You mean they had to deliver it? If that's part of their service then they need to do just that.

As for your video, not sure what the PA laws are there, if they have to serve customers regardless of sexual orientation and someone decides to sue those bakers if they aren't served per the law then I'd absolutely support the lawsuit. Gee...that was easy.

Do you know the definition of hypocrite or how to demonstrate when someone is?

You mean they had to deliver it? If that's part of their service then they need to do just that.

As for your video, not sure what the PA laws are there, if they have to serve customers regardless of sexual orientation and someone decides to sue those bakers if they aren't served per the law then I'd absolutely support the lawsuit. Gee...that was easy.

It's Muslim Bakers refusing to bake cakes for a gay wedding...................

But I don't see you suing them or DEMANDING they bake the cakes.........................Those bakers in the videos REFUSED TO EVEN BAKE THE CAKE.................

But if it's ISLAM RELIGION...they HAVE THE RIGHT TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY................Can't offend them.............now can we..

Offend and attack CHRISTIANS............well that's OK................Islam doing the same thing.............NOT SO MUCH.

This is the new America. There are no personal beliefs...there is no individual freedom....no individual judgment, nor individual choice.

We are now the leftist social hive...the village...the collective....the Borg....

But I don't see you suing them or DEMANDING they bake the cakes.........................Those bakers in the videos REFUSED TO EVEN BAKE THE CAKE.................

But if it's ISLAM RELIGION...they HAVE THE RIGHT TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY................Can't offend them.............now can we..

Offend and attack CHRISTIANS............well that's OK................Islam doing the same thing.............NOT SO MUCH.

Wow, you are a special kind of stupid.

Yes, they are Muslims. If they refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding and their local PA laws cover sexual orientation then they are open to being sued to comply with the law.

Why would I sue the Muslims bakers I have never asked to bake a cake for me? I don't have standing. Fuck, man...you really are ignorant.

Islamic bakers don't have any special rights over Christian bakers. No one is making that claim or is arguing for anything close to resembling your lame strawman.

I wish this would clear things up, it won't, I don't have much confidence in you.

Apples and oranges.

Kind of depends on the religon, eh? Let's say a Baptist making a cake for a Catholic wedding...guess who has to make the cake?

To be honest, I don't think a Baptist would object to making a wedding cake for a normal Catholic couple.

Apples and oranges.

To be honest, I don't think a Baptist would object to making a wedding cake for a normal Catholic couple.

But you think they have the right to regardless of local PA laws. So, you'd be wrong.

This is the new America. There are no personal beliefs...there is no individual freedom....no individual judgment, nor individual choice.

We are now the leftist social hive...the village...the collective....the Borg....

Bigotry, acted upon, is not a choice compliant with the new America.

Did he sue?

The relevant laws do not exempt Muslims.

Bigotry, acted upon, is not a choice compliant with the new America.

In the collective it is not a question of bigotry, it is a question of the correct bigotry. Everyone is a bigot in the collective.

View attachment 72578

Belive me the libtards will find a way to justify their hypocrisy

In one case this issue is an affront to bigotry by government, in the other bigotry in it most vile form.

To simplify it for the conservatives, in the former is all about liberty and an attack on big government, in the latter an affront to the preamble, creating a road block to insure domestic tranquility. The slippery slope of bigotry allows discrimination against anyone or anything that 'bothers' the bigot - men with beards, women in shorts or driving a car, Jews, Catholics, left handed people, etc etc. etc.

"Belive me the libtards will find a way to justify their hypocrisy"

The ignorance and stupidity of this is astounding, but not surprising, given the ignorance and stupidity common to most on the right.

The thread premise fails as a false comparison fallacy – where two different things, completely unrelated to each other, are subject to ‘comparison.’

Public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation are necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policy authorized by the Commerce Clause, in no way ‘violating’ religious liberty or personal beliefs.

That a business owner might be subject to punitive measures for violating a just as proper public accommodations law is not ‘forcing’ the business owner to do anything, as he’s subject to other similar just and proper regulatory measures.

Private citizens such as rock stars are not subject to public accommodations laws.

Consequently, there is no ‘hypocrisy’ on the part of liberals, just the ignorance and stupidity common to most conservatives.

And that this must be explained to conservatives yet again is both sad and telling

Of course they are the same. Springsteen provides a service. OMG, there were going to be black people in the audience. Bruce is being a flaming racist and clearly violating PA laws that you can't discriminate against blacks.

That argument makes more sense than the shit you people manufacture. You can't even be consistent, you contradict yourselves constantly

Forum List

Back