Regarding "No Police". So What Does This Do To Your Real Estate Value?,If You Have No Police Protection, What Is Your Home Or Condo Worth? 0 Dollars?

You know, defunding or abolishing the police is a stupid idea. We need law enforcement to keep the citizenry safe, and enforce the laws we have.

However.......................

Getting rid of the police union and holding the police officers accountable for their actions is a good start. Another good one would be that if an officer is let go for disciplinary reasons, they are no longer allowed to be a police officer in this country ever again. If a person is kicked out of the military for discipline reasons, their reenlistment code on their DD-214 is RE-4, meaning they are not allowed to serve in any of the armed forces ever again.

Hold the police to the same level of accountability that the military functions under.

Its impossible to "get rid" of the police union.

You can do away with collective bargaining , outlaw police strikes, no longer collect dues from payroll and submit them to the union office.

But there is a constitutional problem, Freedom of assembly, with "getting rid" of police unions.

Further, I'm sure that police would still want to be in a position to fight false charges made by the public.

Well, if they can't get rid of the police unions, then they need to start holding officers accountable, and a good start would be that if a police officer is ever fired for disciplinary reasons, they should never be able to serve as an officer ever again. In the military, if you are kicked out for disciplinary reasons, you can never enlist in the branch you were kicked out of or any other one.
Many times I have typed that changing the criminal codes would help. They need to be modernized and that includes domestic abuse issues. Removing many codes, reducing the infractions and/or eliminating fees and fines would help also. But the local government depends on resources garnered from the citizen. And for the most part even if the citizen gets into minor trouble, he/she is mostly civil and pays. The word privilege is put out by shysters. And it has worked for many many years. But this is tiresome and enough. Those areas are mean and nasty because to many citizens do not act civil. And citizens stuck there have no other recourse.

i wonder what the leases in the freedom towers are gonna go for if manhattan has no police/security.

Oh, they'll have security, private security firms will thrive. Upper-income people will be fine, those who will suffer are low and moderate-income people will the ones who suffer the soonest and most severely.

they haven't brought this up yet, but think about it. Let's say your average 2000 sq. ft. home is worth about $175,000. Near the city. Then all of a sudden, you lose all police protection and criminals can do whatever they want, and you have no one to call for help. Does this mean your home is no longer worth anywhere near what you paid for it?

It's a great idea that will depopulate democrat urban centers far quicker than an actual pandemic.
so no cops? OK,,,so when u see three men, in the middle of the night.,.walking around your home with those 2 gallon gas containers,,,,who do u call?

The state government cannot allow it now that I think of it.... There are too many municipal entanglements that will be adversely affected.

Show me a refund check from the city/state before we talk about defunding.

No one is even mentioning anything about any sort of refund. These cities plan on "re-allocating" the money to help black causes. I have no clue what that means and neither do they.

Show me a refund check from the city/state before we talk about defunding.

No one is even mentioning anything about any sort of refund. These cities plan on "re-allocating" the money to help black causes. I have no clue what that means and neither do they.

Yup, either have I. So I guessing, if paying for their healthcare bothered us, just wait until we're paying for their food/housing/cars and whatever else is deemed "essential".

It is an absolute moronic thing to say and every knows damn well how idiotic it is.

It is awfully ironic that the people calling to eliminate the police are the same types who demand that people should not own guns and the state should give more to the poor. It takes some monumental ignorance to think that the state does not have an obligation to protect your rights or uphold justice but then demand that it does have the obligation to suppress your ability to protect your own rights and should take from others for their own benefit.

That is not a government, it is a warlord.

You know, defunding abolishing the police is a stupid idea. We need law enforcement to keep the citizenry safe, and enforce the laws we have.

However.......................

Getting rid of the police union and holding the police officers accountable for their actions is a good start. Another good one would be that if an officer is let go for disciplinary reasons, they are no longer allowed to be a police officer in this country ever again. If a person is kicked out of the military for discipline reasons, their reenlistment code on their DD-214 is RE-4, meaning they are not allowed to serve in any of the armed forces ever again.

Hold the police to the same level of accountability that the military functions under.
I thought liberals loved their unions? Are you saying that unions are corrupt?

The police union isn't only a union, it is also a political force and is responsible for police getting away with murder and other things over the years. The problem is that because of their union and other organizations that support them is that they will do their level best to get the officer set free and back on the job.

Like I said, if a person is kicked out of the military for disciplinary reasons, they are never allowed back into the military again. Same should hold true for police officers, but that isn't the case. There are many instances over the years where an officer was fired from one precinct, moved to another city, and got a job as an officer there.
Do you know that police unions and Democrats are colluding together? That the Democrats pander to the police for their votes, then in turn get lots of money from the Democrats so their unions have Cadillac plans?

Hill Democrats quash liberal push to ‘defund the police’
“You can’t defund the police, that’s stupid, it’s crazy and anyone who talks about that is nuts,” said moderate Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.). “You have to have the police.”

Forum List

Back