Regret Your Vote Yet?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Barack Obama wasn't vetted.

The media didn't do it's job.

The unfolding of events since his election have proven the truth of the warnings that the rightwing gave early on.

Remember this warning?
"The Oval Office is no place for on the job training!"

Not only was he lacking in any executive experience....but he has proven to be an ideologue with no real moral compass, as the following story reveals:

1. "Obama regrets golfing after Foley death

2. Washington (AFP) - US President Barack Obama now admits that his decision to play a vacation round of golf immediately after addressing the murder of US journalist James Foley by Islamic State, was a mistake.

3. ...he also admitted that sometimes his own performance in some of the more public rituals of the presidency was lacking.

4. "It's not something that always comes naturally to me."
Obama regrets golfing after Foley death - Yahoo News

Not the first such view of the empty suit....

5. "Obama Campaign: Vegas Fundraiser on Day After Benghazi Massacre was "Appropriate"

6. Once you have a grasp of this president's priorities, his team's responses to challenges like these are entirely predictable and expected.

7. GREGORY: “Was it inappropriate for him to go to a fundraiser the day after this attack now in retrospect knowing that it was a terrorist attack, inappropriate for him to engage in politics as usual?”
Obama Campaign Vegas Fundraiser on Day After Benghazi Massacre was Appropriate - Guy Benson

What were the alternatives again?

Funny you should ask.

The alternative was a man of courage, a hero who shut down his business to help a colleague search for a missing child, a man with proven successful executive and business experience.
Just what the nation needed.....

Hard to believe any dolts voted for the windbag in the White House, huh?

Funny you should ask.

The alternative was a man of courage, a hero who shut down his business to help a colleague search for a missing child, a man with proven successful executive and business experience.

Man, I guess I just didn't know McCain's history.

Of course that business experience would have been useless in government since they serve opposing interests.
Just what we'd need - an even wider DC revolving door.

So as always --- lesser of two evils. Gotta love "choice". Gotta love the illusion anyway, since that's as close as we ever get.

Funny you should ask.

Of course that business experience would have been useless in government since they serve opposing interests.

So as always --- lesser of two evils. Gotta love "choice". Gotta love the illusion anyway, since that's as close as we ever get.

"Man, I guess I just didn't know McCain's history. "

So...you thought it was McCain running in '12?

Or was the last two years one of those 'lost weekends'?

Funny you should ask.

The President is Chief Executive. Why does it matter where executive experience was attained?

And I say this as a retired career Federal employee with a public administration degree.

Funny you should ask.

She confused you with the mention of "hero" I think. She made Mitt a hero for something or another.

The unfolding of events since his election have proven the truth of the warnings that the rightwing gave early on.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

The straw man is Barack Hussein Obama....(peace be on him.)

So sorry you wasted your time reading the OP....it was meant for those capable of ratiocination.

Funny you should ask.

"Man, I guess I just didn't know McCain's history. "

So...you thought it was McCain running in '12?

Or was the last two years one of those 'lost weekends'?

Well, you weren't specific, and you did say:

(Apparently neither did the English teachers.)
So when you say "vetted" you speak of an investigation of the unknown, which would mean 2008. Which I'm pretty sure was John McCain and Jo Anne Worley.

But extra points for comedy here:

Remember this warning?
"The Oval Office is no place for on the job training!"

You have a point; the media didn't do it is job [sic] making the point that Mittens with all of four years in a governor's mansion would have been the fourth most inexperiecned POTUS ever, for what that's worth. Having it both ways: Priceless.

But hey, at least they told us "Jeep was moving to China". Shouldn't be a total loss. :thup:

I saw a few around here admit to not supporting Obama in '12 after voting for him in '08...I wouldn't really expect those who continued to support him want to admit at this point that they regret it. Why give the opposition that sort of ammunition on a message board?? Clearly those on the left posting in this thread are loyal through thick and thin...but I don't envy anyone who has to defend Obama. Look at how many on the right gave up on that job in '06 with GWB...it was fucking exhausting.:lol:

Last edited:

The alternative was the guy who wanted to raise taxes on the poor and cut taxes on the rich, end Medicare, and go on an insane spending spree of more and more military so we'd have more excuses to get into more unnecessary wars.

Can you support those charges....or are they simply more of your stock in trade?

Funny you should ask.

She confused you with the mention of "hero" I think. She made Mitt a hero for something or another.

Certainly I will help educate you!

"A number of readers recently have asked us to fact-check a story about Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The story, currently circulating on email, Facebook, and blogs, says that Romney helped a colleague of his at Bain Capital locate his missing teenage daughter.

...her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

.... we can verify the facts of the episode. In fact, we did so when this story came up during the 2008 presidential election season."
Viral Internet story says Mitt Romney helped locate missing teen daughter of Bain Capital partner PolitiFact

Let's imagine the situation had, say....Biden's daughter been missing....

Based on his history, Obama would have

1. been shown with a hash tag 'bring Biden's daughter back!

2. Agonized over whether to play golf or fundraise.

3. Had a good nights rest.

Regret your vote yet?

Forum List

Back