Regret Your Vote Yet?

:rofl:
"Lucifer" -- the ultimate strawman. Too funny.

An attempt at face saving????

You said "...The point sailing blissfully over your pointy little head is that dredging up some obscure writer from decades ago and unilaterally declaring it to be the messiah of your opponent is a juvenile bullshit strawman and an utter failure of logic....

Yet I showed that, as usual, I am absolutely correct.

And it reveals that you've been skewered!

So the President is supposed to stop everything and mourn? Where is the precedent for that?
Nope.

But he should quite probably avoid flippant and pleasure-seeking activity, a metaphorical 10 seconds after making such a somber announcement.

Right-Wingers care much more about style than substance. Ronald Reagan & George W. Bush are proof.
Both are important.

How one conduct's one's self (style) at such a time is almost as important as the substance.

It's not a Right or Left or Partisan thing.

It's a Human thing.

If that were true, why did the PC effort start during Reagan?

In my opinion, Reagan was so polar opposite of everything the left believed in, he scared them to death. It was then that the left went off the rails and became something angry and vicious. I still remember the special orders--time given for televised (on C-span) speeches after the house closed up business for the day and extending well into the evening. Most of those on the right used that time to promote various concepts and principles and did so emphatically. There were some who named names, most often Rep Bob Dornan of Orange County, Calif, but the ideas put forth were decidedly conservative in nature as we define conservatism in modern day America.

Those on the left, most especially Rep Henry Gonzales of Texas, used the time to demonize Reagan and subsequently George H.W. Bush along with other GOP leaders. I still remember Gonzales night after night accusing then VP Bush of stealing an experimental stealth fighter just before the 1980 election, and flying it to Europe where he negotiated with the Iranians to not release their hostages until AFTER the election so Reagan would get the credit. That kind of utter ridiculous craziness permeated the political culture and the politics of personal destruction, along with political correctness, were born, extending into the Bush 41 administration, Clinton administration, and worsening ever since.

Ultimately it was what sunk Romney--ridiculous and unfounded accusations and characterizations that influenced those who didn't do their own homework. Romney was the vastly superior candidate, extremely more qualified, and with a proven track record for getting things done. All counted for nothing in the culture of political correctness and politics of personal destruction.

It is nice to see you agree that we need to get money out of politics.
If the other person that got votes had their policies advanced. Think of the great distortion then.

I know that I certainly voted for the right person, the one who was more interested in the population as a whole not the elite.

No regrets I voted for the right person.
And yet under the current President who based on your response I'm guessing you voted for it has been the elites who have benefited the most.

No, because if Mccain or Romney won we'd be at nuclear war with Russia (and/or at the very least invading the entire Middle East).

Believe it or not, having a Muslim Sympathizing homosexual in the White House has this one advantage.

Noting that hostile takeovers are popular with businessmen...

It's easy to have a good economy when you stick your successors with the bill.
And Obama the Great fosters a lackluster economy while sticking his successors and their great grandchildren with the bill. The Incompetent One has created more debt than all before him....definitely outpacing Reagan. Thanks, Obie!
Really, retard?

List the things Obama has spent money on.

And you had better just stick to the first two years, since Republicans haven't spent any money since taking charge of the purse strings, so you have January 2009-January 2011 to make your case, when Democrats controlled the money.

I'll give you the first one: the Stimulus Act. That was $800 billion.

You tell me where the rest of the debt came from.

Start listing.

No, because if Mccain or Romney won we'd be at nuclear war with Russia (and/or at the very least invading the entire Middle East).

Believe it or not, having a Muslim Sympathizing homosexual in the White House has this one advantage.
Or more likely you would have wet the bed thinking about it.

I'm saying that all the wingnuts care about is optics. Not what he actually does, just how he looks doing it.

You have to be joking or clueless.

The opposition to Obama's immigration policy and the opposition to Obamacare is all about substance.
No, that's policy disagreement.

What substance was lacking because Obama played golf while on vacation?

What were the alternatives again?

Funny you should ask.

The alternative was a man of courage, a hero who shut down his business to help a colleague search for a missing child, a man with proven successful executive and business experience.
Just what the nation needed.....

Hard to believe any dolts voted for the windbag in the White House, huh?

Man, I guess I just didn't know McCain's history.

Of course that business experience would have been useless in government since they serve opposing interests.
Just what we'd need - an even wider DC revolving door.

So as always --- lesser of two evils. Gotta love "choice". Gotta love the illusion anyway, since that's as close as we ever get.
She confused you with the mention of "hero" I think. She made Mitt a hero for something or another.

Certainly I will help educate you!

"A number of readers recently have asked us to fact-check a story about Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The story, currently circulating on email, Facebook, and blogs, says that Romney helped a colleague of his at Bain Capital locate his missing teenage daughter.

...her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

.... we can verify the facts of the episode. In fact, we did so when this story came up during the 2008 presidential election season."
Viral Internet story says Mitt Romney helped locate missing teen daughter of Bain Capital partner PolitiFact

Let's imagine the situation had, say....Biden's daughter been missing....

Based on his history, Obama would have

1. been shown with a hash tag 'bring Biden's daughter back!

2. Agonized over whether to play golf or fundraise.

3. Had a good nights rest.

Regret your vote yet?

Then got up the next morning and went for a round of golf.

Forum List

Back