Religion: The clear and present danger of our time

Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.
You spend a lot of time and effort posting these dopey threads.

... Wow, you don't even know what it means. Agnosticism merely holds that there is no evidence to support the existence of a God. Nor is there evidence against a God's existence. Most scientists I know are agnostics. We simply realize that there is no way to know, so we don't let it bother us. ...

So scientists (=philosophers) know they are not able to know everything. Seems Shakespeare was right to say: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Westwall, than are dreamt of in our philosophy." And your answer is the antiquestion "Who cares?" ? Astonishing answer in my eyes for someone who likes to explore the yet unknown world. Are you sure you are a scientist and not a silencetist?

A scientist knows for example also nothing about love what makes a big sense in the own life - except he loves someone. Is this a reason not to fall in love?

Actually science knows what part of the brain love comes from also religion superstition and all that other stuff.

What you call "science" knows nothing about love. Your science "knows" something about some electrochemical processes in some brains where some people think this could have to do something with love. Indeed no one knows something about love - except someone loves - what doesn't mean someone is able to express this in words. But the people never gave up to try to say what we are not able to say. Wittgenstein was wrong when he said "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt." ("The limits of my language mean the limits of my world"). We find new ways. Always. That's because god is always new and we are not under the sentence to have to live in egocentrism only.

Last edited:
I
Islam is actually a perfect reason why a knowledge of religion is vital to know what is going on in the world. I do not demand that all people believe in God...as I have said many times 'their path is theirs to walk'. But religion, like it or not, impacts the values and mores of any society, politics, legal issues, government policy, economics...those who do not understand religion are at a disadvantage when it comes to understanding the issues of the world. Islam is a great example, because they are currently the religion that is causing havoc.

In fact what amazes me is that every time an atheist or liberal screeches about the terrible things done in the name of God, they always point it at the Christians who haven't engaged in such things for about 500 years. Yet they defend Islam with a titanium shield.
Your lie is the best one going. I'll give you that.

And we understand religion very well. We see it very clearly.

Its like youre telling us we dont know all the rules of dungeons and dragons so we dont get it. We get enough to know its a stupid game. Might be a lot of fun but its still gay.

So much for diversity.

You just ridiculed a different subculture for being different, and used an accusation of homosexuality as a slur.

LIbs, all the self awareness of a turnip.
I'm aware of every word I type.

So, you purposefully set out to disrespect a subculture and to use a homophobic smear to do it?

I thought you were a liberal?

Or do you get a pass for some reason?
Dont you hate it when we say out loud what youre thinking? You can't put me in a box.

So, are you saying you are NOT a liberal, or are you a liberal who doesn't believe in diversity and thinks that being gay is something to be ashamed of?

Should we petition the UN for a Better Religions Bureau?

We should pray to the LORD, SAVIOR, CREATOR GOD and quit imagining that the UN holds the World together. It's the people who believe in governmental manipulation/control who are the greatest threat to freedom.

We should pray to the LORD, SAVIOR, CREATOR GOD and quit imagining that the UN holds the World together. It's the people who believe in governmental manipulation/control who are the greatest threat to freedom.

Not the ones pushing religions with additional rulebooks for everyone to follow regardless if they're members of the religion or not?

I don't mind praying for a contingent of Angels to help us govern ourselves better until we have not the need for the Expense of Government on Earth.

I
Your lie is the best one going. I'll give you that.

And we understand religion very well. We see it very clearly.

Its like youre telling us we dont know all the rules of dungeons and dragons so we dont get it. We get enough to know its a stupid game. Might be a lot of fun but its still gay.

So much for diversity.

You just ridiculed a different subculture for being different, and used an accusation of homosexuality as a slur.

So, you purposefully set out to disrespect a subculture and to use a homophobic smear to do it?

Dont you hate it when we say out loud what youre thinking? You can't put me in a box.

So, are you saying you are NOT a liberal, or are you a liberal who doesn't believe in diversity and thinks that being gay is something to be ashamed of?
I didn't say that. I believe in encouraging diversity not forcing it and I like my gays flaming happy and out of the closet.

I occasionally agree with republicans but who isnt for america, personal responsibility smaller government and lower taxes. Its not what they say I disagree with its what they do.

What I've learned in 30 years is people like you will always argue. No matter how wrong you'll never admit or even see it.

Islam- cut off peoples heads, and their fingertips also.

Christianity- Turn the other cheek.

There is no way Christians are going to take lessons from Islam's book.
cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition
Got anything in say the last 200 years or so?

As for the crusades those were launched BECAUSE Islam took the Christian holy sites in that area of the world. Islam attacked Christians and the Christians responded.

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

As for the crusades those were launched BECAUSE Islam took the Christian holy sites in that area of the world. Islam attacked Christians and the Christians responded.
How about how 99% of the south was christian during the civil rights and only a handful of christians marched with mlk. You white devils are in a war every 10-20 years give me a break. Viet Nam, Korea, iraq, afganistan Were any of these places christian nations?

How about how 99% of the south was christian during the civil rights and only a handful of christians marched with mlk.

??....actually I think about 99% of the folks who marched with King were Christians.....
And the other 99% either hit them with sticks or stayed home. They were all christians. Its why they burned a cross. It was to preserve their
You white devils are in a war every 10-20 years give me a break. Viet Nam, Korea, iraq, afganistan Were any of these places christian nations?
some of the largest Christian churches in the world are in Korea.......
Yea and there are Chaldean catholic christians in iraq. Is Korea a christian nation?

Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.

So let me get this straight, Islam is a religion of plunder and violence so you expect Christians to start acting the same way any time now?

That makes them the bigger threat?

How about how 99% of the south was christian during the civil rights and only a handful of christians marched with mlk.

??....actually I think about 99% of the folks who marched with King were Christians.....
Liberal ones. Same ones who want gays in their church or gays marrying and adopting.

Youre not even over blacks marrying whites then we hit you with the gay stuff. Lol

cough cough crusades
cough cough inquisition

How about how 99% of the south was christian during the civil rights and only a handful of christians marched with mlk. You white devils are in a war every 10-20 years give me a break. Viet Nam, Korea, iraq, afganistan Were any of these places christian nations?

Germany (World War 1, World War 2)

Last edited:
cough cough over 500 years ago cough cough

And of course highly exaggerated. Compared to Islam, and most pagan sects in northern Europe, Africa, the ME, anywhere else in the world for that matter, tame boring stuff not worth mentioning as a serious comparison.

So let me get this straight, Islam is a religion of plunder and violence so you expect Christians to start acting the same way any time now?

That makes them the bigger threat?

The Koran has an entire chapter on how to divide the spoils of war.

I
So much for diversity.

I didn't say that. I believe in encouraging diversity not forcing it and I like my gays flaming happy and out of the closet.

I occasionally agree with republicans but who isnt for america, personal responsibility smaller government and lower taxes. Its not what they say I disagree with its what they do.

What I've learned in 30 years is people like you will always argue. No matter how wrong you'll never admit or even see it.

What is diversity if not respect for cultures that are different than yours, such as gamers?

If you "like your gays" then why are you using a homophobic slur?

This country is being changed, dramatically changed by policies based on your supposed lib principles, and you libs have no real belief in them yourselves.

Admit that you were wrong to use a homophobic slur.

It will not negate all your other arguments. It will not mean that you have to vote GOP.

You were wrong in this one little way.

It is your lib hypocrisy that is alarming in this. And your willful blindness.

For if you don't believe in Diversity, and by your (plural) actions it is obvious that you (plural) don't, that WTF are we doing running our country according to these bumper sticker slogans that no one really supports?

Forum List

Back