Religions should be tax-exempt.

Why should they be tax-exempt in the first place?
Because of the Founding Fathers' ways, you communist cocksuck.

What good reason do you have to be exempt from hanging, you traitor turd?!

Is it because you're not against the ways of this country? Obviously not. :rolleyes-41:

Tell us one good reason, pls.

So regardless of whether a church filed for 501c3 status or not, they must still comply with the restriction to not endorse candidates to maintain their tax exempt status.

Unless of course they want to no longer be recognized as 501c3. Which is an option. They can choose to be taxed like for profit businesses.

So how does one determine 'profit' in a non-profit organization?

I know ... ministers can tell folks to murder queers ... but not who should be local dog catcher ... go figure ...
They do it anyway and I don't see how they keep their tax exemptions. The right loves to talk about Obama being called a "Messiah", but some conservative pastors are actually calling Trump that from the pulpit! The IRS does nothing about it, however.

So how does one determine 'profit' in a non-profit organization?
I don’t know about 401c3 but I was on the board of a member owned gun club and it was a 501c7 - which is a non-profit social club - and we had limits on how much revenue we could receive from non-members. I believe that limit was 35% of the total revenue.

I agree, in fact they should not have them at all. No good reason for a church to be tax exempt

No good reason why the Democratic Party should be tax exempt either; Al Capone wasn't. Biden is a professional etortionist, and has yet to pay any taxes on his criminal enterprises.

No good reason why the Democratic Party should be tax exempt either; Al Capone wasn't. Biden is a professional etortionist, and has yet to pay any taxes on his criminal enterprises.

I agree that political parties should not be tax exempt

Religions should not have to jump through the latest political correctness hoops to keep their tax-exempt status.
As long as they stay out of politics they don't have to.

FYI I think all businesses should be taxed and religion is BIG business.

Because of the Founding Fathers' ways, you communist cocksuck.

What good reason do you have to be exempt from hanging, you traitor turd?!

Is it because you're not against the ways of this country? Obviously not. :rolleyes-41:

Tell us one good reason, pls.
I guess we should all start religions and no one will have to pay taxes. It worked for L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

Using your answer? No thanks.
LOL In other words, you butted into the conversation without knowing what you were talking about? Yeah, par for the course for trumptards.

Thanks for playing. :itsok:

As long as they stay out of politics they don't have to.

FYI I think all businesses should be taxed and religion is BIG business.

It's not a 'business', and preachers and churches do pay taxes. The only tax they don't pay is usually property taxes on the buildings and parking lots. They don't collect sales taxes on bake sales and the like. There is no 'capital gains' on charity revenues, nothing else to tax.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back