Religious Tolerance: Church kicks whole family out for supporting their gay daughter

Which one?

The latter one please. Sorry if I wasn't specific.

List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 1998 30 states have approved constitutional provisions defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
Quantum is right: it has never been approved by voters. I thought it had won in Colorado but I was mistaken.
I see that the majority of those referendums were taken around a decade ago... which isn't too accurate. Also, polling isn't as specific and narrow in its participants as referendums are. At least... not usually.

Last edited:
You could save me a lot of time by simply reading the polls that the media lies to you about.

Politico poll showing ?plurality support? for gay marriage also shows majority opposition
How is the media lying to me about the poll numbers?

He just showed you.

He showed me a website that is conservatively biased that used one poll.

Also, I feel we are deviating away from the thread's original subject matter.

Last edited:
USMB Republicans will say the church membership must be Democrats because Lincoln was a confederate.

Most of the polls that I have found state that the majority supports gay marriage, not "unions like marriage" (which is oddly specific).

Poll: 55 percent support same-sex marriage

Wikipedia: Polls in 2013

That is because most polls you read leave out the companion question about redefining marriage.

Actually, the first link I supplied stated this:

"The survey also found that six in 10 Americans believe the federal government should recognize same-sex marriages performed in the states that already permit gay marriage. Of those surveyed, 39 percent say they back the Defense of Marriage Act, which prohibits the federal government from doing so."

While it may not have the religious connotations as the phrase "redefining marriage," it still deals with the same subject. It's just redefining marriage on a federal level, and not on a religious one.

Except it didn't actually say that. The precise question was:

As you may know, several states legally recognize marriages between gay or lesbian couples.
Regardless of how you feel about the laws in those states, do you think the federal government should or should not legally recognize the same-sex marriages that have been performed in states that allow them?

The same poll asked this question of the same people.

Do you think marriages between homosexuals should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?

Want to guess how many people opposed states recognizing same sex marraige? 55%

Like I told you earlier, you would save me a lot of time simply reading the polls the media is lying to you about.

Want to post another that you think backs your position up?

Will you post a few of these polls please?

You could save me a lot of time by simply reading the polls that the media lies to you about.

Politico poll showing ?plurality support? for gay marriage also shows majority opposition
How is the media lying to me about the poll numbers?

EDIT: Also, that's one poll. I asked for more than one. It's always a good idea to have a collection of them so we can have a better, more accurate idea of the numbers.

I just used the poll you used to try and make your point to make mine. Feel free to post more polls and prove me right again.

Its funny...they cry about how churches will be sued for gay marriage, and yet this happens...
Barbarians are more civilized than these religious people.

I bet you think you made a point of some type. Like it or not, even though you are free to practice your religion, you cannot force other people to do so.

i guess the point flew over your head....As usual.

And Churches can't be sued. The 1st Amendment guarantees that.

I know..its the overall point.

The overall point is that you believe a lie?

so its a lie that people claim that churches are going to be forced to marry gay people?
Its a lie this church told these people to do as we say or leave?

Those are lies? Look go try that stupid bullshit you love to spam the boards with someplace else tonight. Im not in the mood for your childish tangent argument.

Why do people repeat lies?

Most people support allowing same sex couples to form unions like marraige, but oppose redefining marraige to include same sex couples,.
Most of the polls that I have found state that the majority supports gay marriage, not "unions like marriage" (which is oddly specific).

Poll: 55 percent support same-sex marriage

Wikipedia: Polls in 2013

Let me frame the question and I'll give you the poll number you want.
In actual voting gay marriage has lost far more than it has won.

it can loose 100% of the time, and it wont matter. You can't make laws that strip people of rights. If you have a problem with the "rights argument" take it up with SCOTUS, because they dont see it your way.

Like i've said, another couple of years and it won't matter. 10 years and most people like you will be dying off. another 15-20 even more to the point it will be a taboo to think such a way.

Regardless you will loose and society will keep on trucking just fine.

Gee, now the libs want to dictate what kinds of standards churches have for membership. How long until there's a law proposed?

You think Jesus would have kicked them out? Not based on everything I ever read about him.

I had no idea Jesus thought homosexuality was OK. Nothing in the literature would suggest that. But it would be presumptuous of me to speak for Jesus. And presumptuous for anyone else for that matter.

Jesus welcomed sinners all the time.

Gay marriage will ultimately be legal in all 50 states as it should be. That's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

Its funny...they cry about how churches will be sued for gay marriage, and yet this happens...
Barbarians are more civilized than these religious people.

Churches get sued all the time. I guess that makes you wrong.

I am sure you are used to it.

They can't be sued to make them marry a couple. Don't be intentionally obtuse.

I know..its the overall point.

The overall point is that you believe a lie?

so its a lie that people claim that churches are going to be forced to marry gay people?
Its a lie this church told these people to do as we say or leave?

Those are lies? Look go try that stupid bullshit you love to spam the boards with someplace else tonight. Im not in the mood for your childish tangent argument.

The point that churches cannot be sued because of the 1st Amendment is a lie, but thanks for sticking to the lie.

Last edited:

They can't? Why not? If it is impossible for them to be sued for it because of the 1st Amendment, why are so many states writing their laws to specifically exempt churches from being sued over it?

Dayum! Didn't think about that, did you?

The latter one please. Sorry if I wasn't specific.

List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 1998 30 states have approved constitutional provisions defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
Quantum is right: it has never been approved by voters. I thought it had won in Colorado but I was mistaken.
I see that the majority of those referendums were taken around a decade ago... which isn't too accurate. Also, polling isn't as specific and narrow in its participants as referendums are. At least... not usually.
People can and will say anything to a pollster, especially if the question is framed a certain way. But when it comes to actual voting, where it matters, gay marriage has been a loser every time.

You think Jesus would have kicked them out? Not based on everything I ever read about him.

I had no idea Jesus thought homosexuality was OK. Nothing in the literature would suggest that. But it would be presumptuous of me to speak for Jesus. And presumptuous for anyone else for that matter.

Jesus welcomed sinners all the time.

But he didnt tell them they were just doing fine and to keep on, right?

Gay marriage will ultimately be legal in all 50 states as it should be. That's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

That will be after the Second American Civil War since such a decision will over ride the sovereign will of the people in over 30 states. The constutional amendment defining marriage in Tennessee passed with over 80% approval. Do you really think the elected officials and people of TN are going to sit back and let 5 people in Washington DC over ride their decision?

They can't? Why not? If it is impossible for them to be sued for it because of the 1st Amendment, why are so many states writing their laws to specifically exempt churches from being sued over it?

Cite any case where a church was successfully sued and forced to marry a couple. You can't because it never happened.

That will be after the Second American Civil War since such a decision will over ride the sovereign will of the people in over 30 states. The constutional amendment defining marriage in Tennessee passed with over 80% approval. Do you really think the elected officials and people of TN are going to sit back and let 5 people in Washington DC over ride their decision?

There won't be a civil war, drama queen.

Cite any case where a church was successfully sued and forced to marry a couple. You can't because it never happened.

It is amazing. You are wrong on everything you post that happened and yet you feel you can predict the future with certainty.

Forum List

Back