Religious Tolerance: Church kicks whole family out for supporting their gay daughter

Its funny...they cry about how churches will be sued for gay marriage, and yet this happens...
Barbarians are more civilized than these religious people.

I bet you think you made a point of some type. Like it or not, even though you are free to practice your religion, you cannot force other people to do so.

Regardless of how one feels about homosexuality as a sin, this stance by the church makes no sense. Assume for argument that homosexualtiy is a sin, equal to sloth/refusal to work or habitual intoxication. Does a parent have to confess or something for providing food for the child or giving a drunk a place to sleep it off?

I think what got these bible thumpers confused was the fact that the parent supported the kid getting benefits for her partner. And the thumbers are sick bastards. The mother doesn't have to be all hunky doory with the daughter's gayness to want her choice of spouse and dependents to get benefits.

It makes perfect sense, if you can think.

If you take the time to read the story and see that the church did not actually kick the family out, the family elected to leave rather than repent of something that the church saw as sin and they did not. That was the choice of the family, not the church.

I can only hope..

A religious war in the US would certainly be entertaining if short lived. Gays are 2% of the population the left that supports them is 20%.

Wishful thinking. A majority of Americans support same sex marriage.

YOU are the minority. :lol:

Why do people repeat lies?

Most people support allowing same sex couples to form unions like marraige, but oppose redefining marraige to include same sex couples,.

A religious war in the US would certainly be entertaining if short lived. Gays are 2% of the population the left that supports them is 20%.

Most people support allowing same sex couples to form unions like marraige, but oppose redefining marraige to include same sex couples,.
Most of the polls that I have found state that the majority supports gay marriage, not "unions like marriage" (which is oddly specific).

Poll: 55 percent support same-sex marriage

Wikipedia: Polls in 2013

Also, I believe if a church wants to remove a person or group of people from its organization due to its beliefs, then they should be able to do so. It's their right as a religious organization (whether I agree with them or not).

Most of the polls that I have found state that the majority supports gay marriage, not "unions like marriage" (which is oddly specific).

Let me frame the question and I'll give you the poll number you want.
In actual voting gay marriage has lost far more than it has won.

That is because most polls you read leave out the companion question about redefining marriage.

It has never won.

Will you explain how you came to this conclusion please?

Which one?

Gee, now the libs want to dictate what kinds of standards churches have for membership. How long until there's a law proposed?

You think Jesus would have kicked them out? Not based on everything I ever read about him.

That is because most polls you read leave out the companion question about redefining marriage.

Will you post a few of these polls please?

Gee, now the libs want to dictate what kinds of standards churches have for membership. How long until there's a law proposed?

You think Jesus would have kicked them out? Not based on everything I ever read about him.

I had no idea Jesus thought homosexuality was OK. Nothing in the literature would suggest that. But it would be presumptuous of me to speak for Jesus. And presumptuous for anyone else for that matter.

You could save me a lot of time by simply reading the polls that the media lies to you about.

Politico poll showing ?plurality support? for gay marriage also shows majority opposition

Actually, the first link I supplied stated this:

"The survey also found that six in 10 Americans believe the federal government should recognize same-sex marriages performed in the states that already permit gay marriage. Of those surveyed, 39 percent say they back the Defense of Marriage Act, which prohibits the federal government from doing so."

While it may not have the religious connotations as the phrase "redefining marriage," it still deals with the same subject. It's just redefining marriage on a federal level, and not on a religious one.

Which one?

The latter one please. Sorry if I wasn't specific.

List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 1998 30 states have approved constitutional provisions defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
Quantum is right: it has never been approved by voters. I thought it had won in Colorado but I was mistaken.

You could save me a lot of time by simply reading the polls that the media lies to you about.

Politico poll showing ?plurality support? for gay marriage also shows majority opposition
How is the media lying to me about the poll numbers?

EDIT: Also, that's one poll. I asked for more than one. It's always a good idea to have a collection of them so we can have a better, more accurate idea of the numbers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back