Religous Freedom is so dead

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
that it's been relegated to a once-a-year holiday.

Religious Freedom Day
Each year, the President declares January 16th to be Religious Freedom Day, and calls upon Americans to "observe this day through appropriate events and activities in homes, schools, and places of worship."

:eusa_shhh:

Religious Freedom Day
Each year, the President declares January 16th to be Religious Freedom Day, and calls upon Americans to "observe this day through appropriate events and activities in homes, schools, and places of worship."

Are you kidding?

Obama and Democrats have raised the standards of freedom to all new heights!

You can even take your personally and religiously held sacred beliefs, such as
the belief that "health care is a right" and impose them by law on the entire nation,
imposing tax penalties on anyone who refuses to follow your mandates.
And require citizens pay tithes to exchanges you create under your beliefs.

Plenty to celebrate there!
Haven't you heard all the screaming and shouts of joy???

I'm trying to understand why it's alright to freely exercise one's religion on that day but no other

It's never okay for govt or public institutions to have any prayer or religious show of faith.
Not a cross, a Bible, a reference to God or Heaven. Not on any day of the year.

Only if you happen to agree with the beliefs, such as believing in gay marriage,
then it's justified to use govt to defend THOSE beliefs from discrimination.

But for things like Christmas trees, no, you can't have public money
spent on public schools and have things like that, because that's religious imposition.

I'm trying to understand why it's alright to freely exercise one's religion on that day but no other

It's never okay for govt or public institutions to have any prayer or religious show of faith.

Only if you happen to agree with the beliefs, such as believing in gay marriage,

spent on public schools and have things like that, because that's religious imposition.

I had no idea that gay marriage was a religion.

I'm trying to understand why it's alright to freely exercise one's religion (in schools) on that day but no other

Have you ever considered a private religious school?
Why?
Congress is forbidden from passing any laws that would impede me from exercising my religion.
If we have to resort to only attending private schools, why is my President encouraging all students to exercise their freedom?

I did not know that "health care as a right" was a BELIEF until I read the Texas Democratic Party platform: "WE BELIEVE" that health care is a right.

I suspected that my beliefs in the Constitution and isonomy constituted a "political religion"
but nothing struck home to me more than recognizing principles in the Democratic platform
as spelling out what the "political beliefs" or "political religion" is of the party. I can only guess
the Republican platform is the same way, but at least they succeeded in changing their language to be more inclusive. I wish I could say the same for Democrats.
--------------------------
So yes, when you take a belief and you institutionalize it for people to BELIEVE in and adopt,
or you start harassing and even suing people who don't share your religiously held beliefs,
you are like declaring civil jihad on people.

Either believe as we do, or you are an infidel and should be cut off from having rights!
ALLAH GAYBAR!

Religious Freedom Day

Are you kidding?

the belief that "health care is a right" and impose them by law on the entire nation,

Unless you're a Christian.

I'm trying to understand why it's alright to freely exercise one's religion (in schools) on that day but no other

Why?
Congress is forbidden from passing any laws that would impede me from exercising my religion.
If we have to resort to only attending private schools, why is my President encouraging all students to exercise their freedom?

Is anyone stopping you from practicing your religion?

I did not know that "health care as a right" was a BELIEF until I read the Texas Democratic Party platform: "WE BELIEVE" that health care is a right.

I suspected that my beliefs in the Constitution and isonomy constituted a "political religion"
but nothing struck home to me more than recognizing principles in the Democratic platform
as spelling out what the "political beliefs" or "political religion" is of the party. I can only guess
the Republican platform is the same way, but at least they succeeded in changing their language to be more inclusive. I wish I could say the same for Democrats.
So yes, when you take a belief and you institutionalize it for people to BELIEVE in and adopt,
or you start harassing and even suing people who don't share your religiously held beliefs,

Either believe as we do, or you are an infidel and should be cut off from having rights!
ALLAH GAYBAR!

Huh...whaaa?

Religious Freedom Day

Are you kidding?

You mean Christians like Victoria Jackson who cried and wept for the nation when Obama got re-elected?
Nawwww, she was really crying for joy. Just couldn't keep it all in, poor thing!

ALLAH GAYBAR!

Healthcare is not a religion. This thread is about religion/religious freedom day.

Religious Freedom Day

Are you kidding?

You mean Christians like Victoria Jackson who cried and wept for the nation when Obama got re-elected?
Nawwww, she was really crying for joy. Just couldn't keep it all in, poor thing!

Victoria Jackson is batshit crazy.

ALLAH GAYBAR!

Huh...whaaa?

Just exaggerated sarcasm and satire.

My point is yes, political beliefs should be treated equally as religious beliefs.
But right now, because they aren't recognized or treated the same,
secular beliefs are considered nonreligious and are allowed to be imposed by law.

While beliefs that are associated with traditional religions such as Christianity or Islam get attacked.

It's not okay to push those through the govt.

But right now if you have progay beliefs, you can sue and win discrimination cases against people for not supporting that.
or you BELIEVE health care is a right, you get a tax exemption for following that policy while people who don't believe
govt has the right or responsibility for managing health care get fined a tax penalty. And that's not seen as discrimination.

ALLAH GAYBAR!

Healthcare is not a religion. This thread is about religion/religious freedom day.

yes and I was making the point that instead of saying there is only one day you can celebrate religious freedom,
I was pointing out that every day we are imposed upon by this nationalized religious belief that "health care is a right"

So I was being sarcastic in telling hortysir to celebrate that religious freedom has gotten so broad
as to allow Democrats to establish national beliefs by law. hooray!

Religious Freedom Day

Are you kidding?

Victoria Jackson is batshit crazy.

She just needs a better team to work with.
Crazy goes a long way if you can channel it creatively.

I'd love to work with her on Constitutional education and outreach.
She comes from the far right, and I'm from the far progressive left that get overrun and overridden by politicized liberals.
So like how Nader and Paul were calling for progressive Greens and Libertarians to unite,
I'd like to see the Tea Party and other third parties also unite and re-organize around collaborative solutions.

Sounds crazy, but it's crazier to keep wasting resources fighting on areas we don't agree
instead of saving resources by working together where we agree and can get more done!

We just need to get more creative than destructive.
So at least Victoria Jackson is on the creative side. That's workable with!

Why?

Is anyone stopping you from practicing your religion?
My concerns reach beyond myself.
How about my grandkids not being allowed to say "under God" while reciting the Pledge? Or not being able to lead a group of friends in prayer over their Michelle-Obama-approved school lunch?
In a couple years from now my granddaughter won't be able to thank God or pray during her valedictorian speech

ALLAH GAYBAR!

yes and I was making the point that instead of saying there is only one day you can celebrate religious freedom,
I was pointing out that every day we are imposed upon by this nationalized religious belief that "health care is a right"

So I was being sarcastic in telling hortysir to celebrate that religious freedom has gotten so broad
as to allow Democrats to establish national beliefs by law. hooray!

You're getting your politics mixed up with your religion.

Forum List

Back