Remember a few weeks ago camping was declared racist b/c it was dominated by white people

OK. So let's try and stick to the subject line here cause I'm not sure what forest fires in Oregon have to do with it. The premise is people of color experiencing racism in their enjoyment of the outdoors and the high entry cost of camping gear. I remember the same things being said about golf before Tiger Woods showed up almost 25 years ago. I still think that about golf. The high equipment and greens fees (and slow play) are some of the reasons I don't golf anymore. But back to camping. The cost of the gear necessary to camp is high. It has been for decades. And those fears of racism in the good old outdoors are not unfounded.
So learn to camp on a budget...

I've actually camped while backpacking...

After all, a blanket is pretty affordable!!!!

OK. So let's try and stick to the subject line here cause I'm not sure what forest fires in Oregon have to do with it. The premise is people of color experiencing racism in their enjoyment of the outdoors and the high entry cost of camping gear. I remember the same things being said about golf before Tiger Woods showed up almost 25 years ago. I still think that about golf. The high equipment and greens fees (and slow play) are some of the reasons I don't golf anymore. But back to camping. The cost of the gear necessary to camp is high. It has been for decades. And those fears of racism in the good old outdoors are not unfounded.

They also have shelters along the Appalachian Trail and the blue ridge parkway
1_dd5793b4-7e15-4a54-861c-c80a3d1ffabf_1024x1024.jpg

I actually dated a girl one time that refused to sleep in a tent...

She just put a blanket beside the fire....

Since the National Forests here don't have fees for camping, all she had to worry about paying for was food (which I covered)!!!

Since the National Forests here don't have fees for camping, all she had to worry about paying for was food (which I covered)!!!
the only thing that concerned me was the loss of food to the bear or wolf visit.

the only thing that concerned me was the loss of food to the bear or wolf visit.
Carry some rope and hang it from a tree....

I recommend that anyway, since a bear will wreck your tent to get at any food that you have in it.....

They are unfounded. You think all blacks are poor. They aren’t. Plus you can buy used camping equipment very cheaply.

This comment from the Brietbart columnist is very true....
I also know the camping community is made up of the nicest people in the world, that it’s a terrific subculture of Americans who define the very best qualities of “live and let live,” and campers are uniformly friendly, welcoming, and helpful. No one has ever made my wife and I feel anything but welcome — even after I make a public ass of myself trying to back that sucker up.

We full time in a motorhome and find our fellow campers to be almost universally friendly helpful people.

Last edited:

I recommend that anyway, since a bear will wreck your tent to get at any food that you have in it.....
and at least 20 feet away from where you sleep.

never heard that....sounds made up.
because you don't WANT to hear

the space term blackhole is racist

EVERYTHING is racist to blacks--because they eat/shit/think/DREAM/etc RACE RACE RACE

Sounds like the case is being made that camping is a part of "white culture". Thing is liberals go into hysterics whenever a white person attempts to experience things associated with other cultures labeling it "cultural appropriation". Either way I read the last article and as a woman I can admire the outdoorsydiva for not letting her fears stop her from doing things she enjoys.

:omg: this is why I'm not a fan of camping and would probably sleep in the SUV.

I sleep very well in this.
B4587A32-48C8-4B46-9A24-BC94D4DBF121.jpeg

View attachment 388015
The bears should love that!!!

View attachment 388015

Nice!!! My hubs wanted to get one of those for going to car shows, but he would have to pull his trailer behind and I'm already freaked out riding in a truck pulling trailer so it was a no go.

View attachment 388015

Nice!!! My hubs wanted to get one of those for going to car shows, but he would have to pull his trailer behind and I'm already freaked out riding in a truck pulling trailer so it was a no go.
No need to be freaked out. It’s a pleasure to drive a DP.

Forum List

Back