Remember that fake promise about Obamacare?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
No, not that one, the other one.

First, I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future. (Applause.) I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period. And to prove that I'm serious, there will be a provision in this plan that requires us to come forward with more spending cuts if the savings we promised don't materialize.

Remarks by the President to a Joint Session of Congress on Health Care | The White House

Guess what, Obama lied.

Is anyone surprised?

Obama is also considering a different approach.
According to the administration source, the White House is “looking at an administrative fix for the population of people in the individual market who may have an increase in premiums, but don’t get subsidies.”
Such a fix would address the issue of “sticker shock” that has been popping up across the country, as individuals are losing their coverage and finding only higher-cost alternatives. Under the ACA, there are tax subsidies to help individuals and families with income between 133 percent and 400 percent above the poverty level purchase insurance. Those with incomes higher than 400 percent above poverty get no such assistance. The proposed administrative fix would address this group.

Obama Considers Administrative Fix To Health Care Law

Want to bet that he won't bring up his promise about spending cuts in order to pay for those higher subsidies?

I just don't know. I'm truly sorry for anyone who is raising children right now. Every time they change news channels, they're getting a different view of the country today, and some people, especially parents, really don't like to be lied to, especially when the government is preparing to take over managing 1/6 of the American economy when it becomes the mastermind of health care, and it's new brutal costs on the horizon.

Remember when every single thread on this fucking board wasn't about Obamacare.

Remember when we were not forced to purchase something. Remember when we were free to make our own choice

Remember when white was white, black was black, up was up, right was right, wrong was wrong. A lie was a lie

But now white is black, up is down wrong is right, an obama lie is a misspeak.

Do you have your own insurance ms boop?

I love how the Right is beside itself over the fact that the ACA may adversely affect about 3% of the population in regards to their healthcare,

and yet, almost all of them voted for Romney/Ryan, whose plans were to make Medicare more expensive for everyone (in the future)

and also to make massive cuts in Medicaid which would have made healthcare less affordable for millions.

Remember when we were not forced to purchase something. Remember when we were free to make our own choice

Remember when white was white, black was black, up was up, right was right, wrong was wrong. A lie was a lie

But now white is black, up is down wrong is right, an obama lie is a misspeak.

Do you have your own insurance ms boop?

Do you want to add your name to the 99% of conservatives on this board who are claiming that the ACA is forcing them to buy more expensive insurance?

The 'nuts on this board always manage to ruin whatever opportunity they might have had to make a sane point in their favor on a given issue

by going insane.

True that. And two things: Yes. I am insured through work. But even if I were not, I would be through MNsure.

tissues.jpg

I just don't know. I'm truly sorry for anyone who is raising children right now. Every time they change news channels, they're getting a different view of the country today, and some people, especially parents, really don't like to be lied to, especially when the government is preparing to take over managing 1/6 of the American economy when it becomes the mastermind of health care, and it's new brutal costs on the horizon.

It would be all better if like when I was a boy growing up you saw Vietnam on TV, riots in cities, race relations reflecting tyranny and protestors being beaten and shot exercising their basic right to free speech.
At no time is history perfect, for raising a child.

The 'nuts on this board always manage to ruin whatever opportunity they might have had to make a sane point in their favor on a given issue

by going insane.

we have archives you know that go back, well 5-6 years:eusa_whistle:.......please.

Its an issue that touch's everyone as close to home as it gets, I am sorry if you and others are upset its become a "big fucking deal"....when the rubes wake up its always a bad day for those that are trying to screw them.....in that and this context ala threads on the same ole same ole, BBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...lied- died, rich get richer....imperial presidency ( well wait that crown has shifted) its still goes on....get over it. :lol:

I love how the Right is beside itself over the fact that the ACA may adversely affect about 3% of the population in regards to their healthcare,

and yet, almost all of them voted for Romney/Ryan, whose plans were to make Medicare more expensive for everyone (in the future)

and also to make massive cuts in Medicaid which would have made healthcare less affordable for millions.

Right now everyone with a brain that supports it is hoping that it manages to stay below 50% of the country. Only a few idiots think it ain't going to be close.

Right now everyone with a brain that supports it is hoping that it manages to stay below 50% of the country. Only a few idiots think it ain't going to be close.

You think half of America is going to have to pay more for a healthcare policy that covers less than they had before,

because of Obamacare?

lol good one, Anarchist.

by going insane.

we have archives you know that go back, well 5-6 years:eusa_whistle:.......please.

Its an issue that touch's everyone as close to home as it gets, I am sorry if you and others are upset its become a "big fucking deal"....when the rubes wake up its always a bad day for those that are trying to screw them.....in that and this context ala threads on the same ole same ole, BBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...lied- died, rich get richer....imperial presidency ( well wait that crown has shifted) its still goes on....get over it. :lol:

You're drunken incomprehensible rant is a perfect example of what I was referring to.

by going insane.

True that. And two things: Yes. I am insured through work. But even if I were not, I would be through MNsure.

As I said before, the best irony here is that now, if the 'nuts were to get Obamacare repealed,

more people would lose their health coverage, or have it made less affordable, than any of the realistic numbers of how many might be adversely affected if Obamacare remains in place.

Forum List

Back