Remember when the left thought a sitting president could pardon herself?

I do:

"Now, back to January 20, 2017. Could a future President Hillary Clinton pardon herself?

"The short answer is she could certainly try, and may very well get away with it. What’s more, there is likely little Congress could do about it — even with a Republican controlled House of Representatives and Senate. Here is why.

"The president’s pardon power comes from Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution that provides, “The President … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.”

Huh. Isn't that interesting?

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-...ardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/
Nice digging, but I don't remember that being an actual thing.
That's because you have alzheimer's.
Lol, conservatives always insult when they have no intelligent reply. The conservatives on this forum do it more than any other that I am on.

Way more.

Nonsense. We insult people who reply stupidly.

There's a difference. Your crappy memory is completely irrelevant to the topic and deserves no *intelligent reply*. What *intelligent reply* is there to your assertion that you have a shitty memory?
You are wrong. Sorry, but you are.

Btw, I have noticed that people usually use profanity and insults at a rate inversely proportionate to their intelligence.

You might wanna watch that.

Again, irrelevant. You seem to think your ability to remember and/or notice stuff is somehow relevant to the topic.

It's not. Who cares what you remember, or don't remember, or what you notice or don't notice?

Psst..nobody. And it has nothing whatever to do with the fact that just a couple of years ago, the left was busily establishing that their criminal hag would be able to pardon herself from all the crimes she has committed...once they placed her at the helm.

I do:

"Now, back to January 20, 2017. Could a future President Hillary Clinton pardon herself?

"The short answer is she could certainly try, and may very well get away with it. What’s more, there is likely little Congress could do about it — even with a Republican controlled House of Representatives and Senate. Here is why.

"The president’s pardon power comes from Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution that provides, “The President … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.”

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-...ardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/
Don’t remember that at all

Why would Hillary have to pardon herself?

Even the left recognizes a criminal when they see one.

I do:

Don’t remember that at all

Why would Hillary have to pardon herself?

Even the left recognizes a criminal when they see one.

Hillary was investigated for 25 years with nothing coming out of it

Nice digging, but I don't remember that being an actual thing.
That's because you have alzheimer's.
Lol, conservatives always insult when they have no intelligent reply. The conservatives on this forum do it more than any other that I am on.

Way more.

Nonsense. We insult people who reply stupidly.

There's a difference. Your crappy memory is completely irrelevant to the topic and deserves no *intelligent reply*. What *intelligent reply* is there to your assertion that you have a shitty memory?
You are wrong. Sorry, but you are.

Btw, I have noticed that people usually use profanity and insults at a rate inversely proportionate to their intelligence.

You might wanna watch that.

Again, irrelevant. You seem to think your ability to remember and/or notice stuff is somehow relevant to the topic.

It's not. Who cares what you remember, or don't remember, or what you notice or don't notice?

Psst..nobody. And it has nothing whatever to do with the fact that just a couple of years ago, the left was busily establishing that their criminal hag would be able to pardon herself from all the crimes she has committed...once they placed her at the helm.
Again, you've got one article, I have no mememe of it, several others have said the same. I don't remember this being a thing, and just because you find one discussion of it doesn't mean anyone but this one guy thought she could.

I did notice you cleaned up your reply though. Well done.

Trump won’t be able to pardon himself once he’s removed from office.

King George thought he could do whatever he wanted to America too
You keep up the weed smoking kid
Who’s sock are you?
Here we go again with an idiot insisting that I am not really who I am. Kid, I am 53 and have been dealing with ignorant unexpressive turds like you since day one of the net, so you are not special, unless your IQ is the topic

Who’s sock are you?
Here we go again with an idiot insisting that I am not really who I am. Kid, I am 53 and have been dealing with ignorant unexpressive turds like you since day one of the net, so you are not special, unless your IQ is the topic
53 and a loser. Shit... Best of luck to you

no one from the left on this site ever took the position that Hillary could, should, or would pardon herself.... none of us ever even believed she did anything to have to pardon, and knew it's all been a political witch and warlock hunt for 30 years now against the Clintons....

the president is NOT above the law, if he were, we'd simply have a Dictator or King, to lead the nation....and we chose, not to have that, when we were formed and broke away from the King.

Who’s sock are you?
53 and a loser. Shit... Best of luck to you
How did your 401k do today?

Yawning

no one from the left on this site ever took the position that Hillary could, should, or would pardon herself.... none of us ever even believed she did anything to have to pardon, and knew it's all been a political witch and warlock hunt for 30 years now against the Clintons....

the president is NOT above the law, if he were, we'd simply have a Dictator or King, to lead the nation....and we chose, not to have that, when we were formed and broke away from the King.
Their is no collusion law...………………..

Yawning

While Clinton was being impeached, I don’t recall anyone from the left making the stupid argument that he could pardon himself

Only Trump could do that

Another precedent set by a president: “I’ve got a pen”. Thank you, President Obama!
He didn’t set that precedent, but that’s a nice reminder that 99% of what the dotard has done can be swept away as quickly as you can sign on a line

If he didn’t set such a supposedly awful precedent, why did he promote it and why did you have no problem with the precedent? As long as it’s your guy/gal.

While Clinton was being impeached, I don’t recall anyone from the left making the stupid argument that he could pardon himself

Only Trump could do that
A president can not pardon himself from impeachment that is the ONLY limit on his pardon power.

Their is no collusion law...………………..

Yawning
And what does that have to do with the tea in China? :dunno:

haaaaa.................. a silly opinion piece does not a fact based debate make.

better luck next time kosherchicky.

Speculation is speculation. That source is no better or worse than the folks speculating about Trump.

It's just that the left and the compliant media is AMPLIFYING all the gossip that drives the "resistance" these days.

Two interesting remarks from the President Trump camp this weekend.

From the President:
As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!
Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Also, his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said that if the President pardoned himself it would be "unthinkable and it would lead to, probably, immediate impeachment." (Quote at 11:13.)

I tend to agree with Rudy on that point.

Forum List

Back