Remembering USS Liberty: When Israel attacked America

There can be no denying it was deliberate attack on an American vessel and what is worse is that the US Government recalled the fighters sent to protect the Liberty.
These sailors were all intense purposes were left for dead by the LBJ administration.

so you are claiming that the IDF was INCAPABLE of sinking the USS Liberty-------they tried but failed????

Imagine that ------desperado claims that a row boat with some arabs in it was capable of doing MORE damage to the USS COLE than the entire Israeli airforce could manage to do to the USS LIBERTY. Gee-----must be DA WILL OF ALLAH

Imagine that ------desperado claims that a row boat with some arabs in it was capable of doing MORE damage to the USS COLE than the entire Israeli airforce could manage to do to the USS LIBERTY. Gee-----must be DA WILL OF ALLAH

USS Liberty made some repairs and was able to sail away without needing assistance.
After so many years, investigations and books, why is this still such an issue? It was a tragedy to be sure but so was the USS Stark and all the mistaken strikes and friendly fire incidents by the US going back more than 200 yrs.

List of U.S. friendly-fire incidents since 1945 with British victims - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
A-10 warplane tops list for friendly fire deaths
What Iran Air Flight 655 says about America s role in the Middle East - The Washington Post
You can search and find a list of many more

USS Liberty made some repairs and was able to sail away without needing assistance.
After so many years, investigations and books, why is this still such an issue? It was a tragedy to be sure but so was the USS Stark and all the mistaken strikes and friendly fire incidents by the US going back more than 200 yrs.

List of U.S. friendly-fire incidents since 1945 with British victims - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
What Iran Air Flight 655 says about America s role in the Middle East - The Washington Post

Aris----I was in the US navy ---short stint during peace time-------------.
commissioned officer. Based on the position I held I got
to know who died and how. ACCIDENT AND FRIENDLY FIRE is a major cause of death in the military even during
peace time--------I can say no more------it would be illegal.
I will say this regarding the reports of the kids on the ship
at the time. No one injured in accident-------says "it's ok----
no one is to blame" Personal injury is a TORT-----someone has to be BLAMED

to know who died and how. ACCIDENT AND FRIENDLY FIRE is a major cause of death in the military even during

Liberty should not be so much more of an issue than all the other incidents. Every year, sometimes several times a year the Liberty is brought up. I never hear anywhere close to as much or at all about all the other incidents of allied or US victims. We don't even hear as much about the Cole, let alone anbar towers, beirut marines, US embassies, etc.
The USS liberty has become a whipping boy for anyone that wants to undermine Israel. It is not about those lost or all that took place leading to the tragedy. It is just a way of inciting hate against Israel. It matters that those who use the USS Liberty omit the Navy's involvement that contributed to the incident. Those that use it against Israel lay 220% of the blame at Israel and claim it was intentional. It was not that simple. They don't bring it up for the sake of the victims, but a weapon against Israel. Most probably don't know anything about the victims except perhaps how many died. They usually don't know much about the incident either.

This horse has been beaten so many times it has turned to soup.

most deadly "incidents" in the military do not end up in the news or on lists-----they are just "accidents" ----kids die even
in basic training. There are "incidents" on ships-----fires---running into something sticking up from the ocean floor (missed by the navigator) <<<with deaths.<<<it happens.
Of course the fact is that just about all of them are preventable "incidents"------and some even suspicious----
but they are not on THE LISTS, or in the news

Liberty should not be so much more of an issue than all the other incidents. Every year, sometimes several times a year the Liberty is brought up. I never hear anywhere close to as much or at all about all the other incidents of allied or US victims. We don't even hear as much about the Cole, let alone anbar towers, beirut marines, US embassies, etc.
The USS liberty has become a whipping boy for anyone that wants to undermine Israel. It is not about those lost or all that took place leading to the tragedy. It is just a way of inciting hate against Israel. It matters that those who use the USS Liberty omit the Navy's involvement that contributed to the incident. Those that use it against Israel lay 220% of the blame at Israel and claim it was intentional. It was not that simple. They don't bring it up for the sake of the victims, but a weapon against Israel. Most probably don't know anything about the victims except perhaps how many died. They usually don't know much about the incident either.

You don't hear about the Cole because there was no cover up. No one disputes that Islamic murderers attacked and killed U.S. servicemen intentionally. You dispute the fact that the Israelis attacked the Liberty and killed U.S. servicemen intentionally. Get it?

You don't hear about the Cole because there was no cover up. No one disputes that Islamic murderers attacked and killed U.S. servicemen intentionally. You dispute the fact that the Israelis attacked the Liberty and killed U.S. servicemen intentionally. Get it?

there was no coverup? what happened to the terrorist pigs
who murdered americans for the glory of the lump of shit
in Jannah????
The Liberty Incident was not COVERED UP---- reports about the event were being broadcast in the USA within 1/2 hour of the event ----LIVE FROM THE SITE. you are parroting islamo Nazi bullshit hoping that no one was ALIVE
at the time. I was alive at the time and I was listening to the
broadcasts which described the event IN ABSOLUTE DETAIL.-----in fact during the rescue efforts undertaken by
the Israeli navy----------GET IT NAZI BITCH?----tell your muslimah shit mouth lies to someone younger than am I.
PS-----I was in the US NAVY. You meccaist sluts are
pathetic. No lie offends the pile shit in Jannah

What is this... like... the 20th thread on the USS Liberty incident, in the past year?

And all of 'em started by Israel -haters... often Jew-haters as well...

And all of 'em mouthpieces and useful idiots for the Ummah... trying to drive a wedge between America and Israel.

Fortunately, they're as obvious as they are clumsy and they always provide excellent Drama Queen antics...

You must think Americans need to apologize for never forgetting about the anniversary of the attack on the USS Liberty. If it's 20 threads or 200 threads about what the Israeli's intentionally did that day why is this so disturbing to you? Your Anti-American attitude is clearly showing.

The Israeli's got caught red handed attempting to frame Egypt by killing all those Americans. The Israeli's fired on the USS liberty for many hours trying to sink the ship in a botched false flag operation. The Israeli's knew full well that they were firing on a American ship.

Maybe you believe us American goy ought to be overwhelmed with unconditional love for killing all those American Sailors and ruining the families who loved them. The arrogance shown by the Israeli's when it comes to the death anyone other than a Jew should be abhorrent to any civilized human being.

Let someone from the west bank fire a rocket that's little more than a souped up fire-cracker and see the type of savage response that comes from the Zionist. Yet Americans are suppose to wait decades for the type of justice that the Israeli's so eagerly give to those ill equipped to defend themselves.

No one on earth hates more than the Israeli and the record speaks for itself so don't try to play the over-played “blameless Jew” card. It takes a lot of hate to kill all those innocent Americans in an attempt to kill innocent Egyptians by tricking America into fighting wars that belong to the Israeli's.

For the moment it seems that your persistence has won due to the false-flag operation on 9-11 that has Americans spilling their blood fighting the Israeli's enemies in wars that belong to the Israeli's. America is being played by the Israeli's to such a shameful degree that this nation is now seen as being retarded.

The whole point being had justice been brought forth for the false-flag attack on the USS Liberty it's very possible that the attack on the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma, the attack on the twin towers and building 7, as well as all the wars against the enemies of the Zionist would not be taking place right now. That's just the tip of the iceberg, but everyone is suppose to be stupid enough to have such overwhelming love for the blameless Jew.

But you omit the many mistakes by the navy and even the crew of the USS Liberty that contributed to the tragic incident.
Israel was at war and had just been attacked. US Navy denied they had any ships in the area, twice

After seeing posts about the Liberty over 10,000 or more times, it is time to hang up this subject, especially since so much is going on in the Middle East at this time. American military men are not thinking about the Liberty but about what the Jihadis are doing to innocent people these days. It seems that Al Jazeera (Isn't that owned by the Qatar government?) wants to drive a wedge between the U.S. and Israel, and all the anti-Semites pick up that article. Maybe Al Jazeera figures this will take some of the heat off the fact that all those laborers are working under slave-like conditions in Qatar, workers that the anti-Semites care nothing about because they can't use it in their propaganda stints against Israel. The anti-Semites should visit some Naval installations and ask the sailors if they are thinking about the Liberty or are they thinking about how busy extremists are busy murdering all the time. I am willing to bet that if instead of the Israelis mistaking the Intelligence Ship, the South Koreans mistook an American Intelligent Ship and bombed it, we would not be seeing ten thousand plus posts about this incident. However, since it was the Israelis, a million posts about this wouldn't be enough for the anti-Semites.

Say, I wonder if one of the anti-Semites here can contact Al Jazzera and have them run a piece about the bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon in which so many American and French servicemen were killed. Maybe we can get 10,000 plus posts on this incident.

You were not in the Navy and were not a commissioned officer.

You were not in the Navy and were not a commissioned officer.

really? who told you that? muhummad? you are a lump of shit-----muhummad told me in a DREAM
----call me
MA'AM my rank on separation was LCDR. I will continue to address you as SHIT<<<based on stench

"
Alan Fisher

Richard Brooks still remembers when the alert came.

With klaxons sounding and people yelling, the tannoy system warned everyone "Standby to receive torpedo hit".

"I thought I’ll never get out of this mess alive. Weird things were running through your minds, because I’d chalked myself off."

He felt the torpedoes hit and the ship pitch to one side but realised he was still alive.

And then the priority became survival. As chief engineer, he could tell the engines were still working. “My machinery was still intact and I was still making headway. I yelled through the voice tube ‘Give me all the steam pressure you’ve got, let’s get the hell out of this area’".

Eventually his ship, The USS Liberty made its way to safer waters and managed to take stock of the sustained attack. Thirty-four were lying dead, more than 171 were injured.

The victims of the day Israel attacked America.

The Liberty had been sitting in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula. A spy ship, it had been gathering information as the 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War raged on land.

'Mistaken identity'

During the course of the day, the ship had been buzzed by Israeli aircraft. But flying the American flag, there was no cause for panic, no need for alarm.

“People were sunbathing, enjoying the June sunshine,” said Brooks, who was more concerned with keeping the engines running. The demands of the job perhaps saved his life.

Israel insisted it was a case of mistaken identity. It alleged that pilots were exhausted having fought so hard over the previous days. The US naval vessel was thought to be an Egyptian warship.

And that’s why it was attacked with rockets and cannons and missiles and torpedoes.

But Brooks doesn’t buy the Israeli apology. Standing next to the graves of his shipmates in Arlington National Cemetery he tells me “It wasn’t a tragic accident, It was a deliberate attack. They knew who we were. They tried to sink us. They wanted us out to either bring the Americans into the war by blaming the Arabs or we picked up some information about their war plans”.

INVESTIGATION: The Day Israel Attacked America

Websites set up to discuss the Liberty back Brooks’ suggestion. Some claim the Israeli planes which attacked were unmarked, hoping they’d be mistaken for Arab fighter jets. Others speculate that it was known the radio signals from the Liberty could be hacked by the Russians. And worried the US had picked up sensitive information about plans for the Golan Heights, which the Russians would pass to their allies, the Egyptians, the Israelis tried to sink the spy ship.

Every year on June 8, the survivors gather to mark the attack - to read the names of the dead and to share stories and memories.

The numbers are less every year. This year there were just seven survivors in attendance. But the passion to find out exactly what happened remains undiminished. As they stand between the white grave stones, a light summer breeze taking the edge off the afternoon heat, the memorial service also includes a call for justice and for truth.

'We had a ship to sail'

Ernie Gallo is the president of the USS Liberty Survivors Group.

When you apologise, you apologise with the truth. Not with a lie. So it’s not an apology.

Ernie Gallo, USS Liberty Survivors Group

He remembers the attack and how everything seemed surprisingly calm. “We had to do what we could for our dead and wounded. We had a ship to sail. We had to get to safety”

He’s read the reports, the official inquiries and read the books about the incident. He’s even written his own.

I ask if he accepts the Israeli apology, and the explanation it was all a mistake created in the fog of war: “When you apologise, you apologise with the truth. Not with a lie. So it’s not an apology. Not as far as I’m concerned and our government is just as bad off for going along with it," he answered.

To get a job on the Liberty, sailors were to have an outstanding service record and were chosen for their honesty and moral character. “Someone is lying here,” says Gallo, “and it isn’t us”.

Even now he hopes there will be a full official inquiry into the events of June 8, 1967.

Robert Brooks and Ernie Gallo know it’s unlikely, but they still hope it might happen. They both say the families of the dead and the survivors deserve the truth, before they mark another anniversary.

Source: Al Jazeera Remembering USS Liberty When Israel attacked America - Al Jazeera English
That's only one side of the story.

Yes, it is the American side of the story. You support the Israeli side of the story.
No, I support both sides of the story. It was a tragic incident that is best forgotten.
"best forgotten? Why?

"
Alan Fisher

With klaxons sounding and people yelling, the tannoy system warned everyone "Standby to receive torpedo hit".

"I thought I’ll never get out of this mess alive. Weird things were running through your minds, because I’d chalked myself off."

He felt the torpedoes hit and the ship pitch to one side but realised he was still alive.

And then the priority became survival. As chief engineer, he could tell the engines were still working. “My machinery was still intact and I was still making headway. I yelled through the voice tube ‘Give me all the steam pressure you’ve got, let’s get the hell out of this area’".

Eventually his ship, The USS Liberty made its way to safer waters and managed to take stock of the sustained attack. Thirty-four were lying dead, more than 171 were injured.

The Liberty had been sitting in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula. A spy ship, it had been gathering information as the 1967 Arab-Israeli Six-Day War raged on land.

'Mistaken identity'

During the course of the day, the ship had been buzzed by Israeli aircraft. But flying the American flag, there was no cause for panic, no need for alarm.

“People were sunbathing, enjoying the June sunshine,” said Brooks, who was more concerned with keeping the engines running. The demands of the job perhaps saved his life.

Israel insisted it was a case of mistaken identity. It alleged that pilots were exhausted having fought so hard over the previous days. The US naval vessel was thought to be an Egyptian warship.

And that’s why it was attacked with rockets and cannons and missiles and torpedoes.

But Brooks doesn’t buy the Israeli apology. Standing next to the graves of his shipmates in Arlington National Cemetery he tells me “It wasn’t a tragic accident, It was a deliberate attack. They knew who we were. They tried to sink us. They wanted us out to either bring the Americans into the war by blaming the Arabs or we picked up some information about their war plans”.

Websites set up to discuss the Liberty back Brooks’ suggestion. Some claim the Israeli planes which attacked were unmarked, hoping they’d be mistaken for Arab fighter jets. Others speculate that it was known the radio signals from the Liberty could be hacked by the Russians. And worried the US had picked up sensitive information about plans for the Golan Heights, which the Russians would pass to their allies, the Egyptians, the Israelis tried to sink the spy ship.

Every year on June 8, the survivors gather to mark the attack - to read the names of the dead and to share stories and memories.

The numbers are less every year. This year there were just seven survivors in attendance. But the passion to find out exactly what happened remains undiminished. As they stand between the white grave stones, a light summer breeze taking the edge off the afternoon heat, the memorial service also includes a call for justice and for truth.

'We had a ship to sail'

When you apologise, you apologise with the truth. Not with a lie. So it’s not an apology.

He remembers the attack and how everything seemed surprisingly calm. “We had to do what we could for our dead and wounded. We had a ship to sail. We had to get to safety”

He’s read the reports, the official inquiries and read the books about the incident. He’s even written his own.

I ask if he accepts the Israeli apology, and the explanation it was all a mistake created in the fog of war: “When you apologise, you apologise with the truth. Not with a lie. So it’s not an apology. Not as far as I’m concerned and our government is just as bad off for going along with it," he answered.

To get a job on the Liberty, sailors were to have an outstanding service record and were chosen for their honesty and moral character. “Someone is lying here,” says Gallo, “and it isn’t us”.

Even now he hopes there will be a full official inquiry into the events of June 8, 1967.

Robert Brooks and Ernie Gallo know it’s unlikely, but they still hope it might happen. They both say the families of the dead and the survivors deserve the truth, before they mark another anniversary.

Source: Al Jazeera Remembering USS Liberty When Israel attacked America - Al Jazeera English

Yes, it is the American side of the story. You support the Israeli side of the story.
No, I support both sides of the story. It was a tragic incident that is best forgotten.
"best forgotten? Why?
Because the incident is over and nothing can change it. It's history.

What is this... like... the 20th thread on the USS Liberty incident, in the past year?

And all of 'em mouthpieces and useful idiots for the Ummah... trying to drive a wedge between America and Israel.

Fortunately, they're as obvious as they are clumsy and they always provide excellent Drama Queen antics...

You must think Americans need to apologize for never forgetting about the anniversary of the attack on the USS Liberty. If it's 20 threads or 200 threads about what the Israeli's intentionally did that day why is this so disturbing to you? Your Anti-American attitude is clearly showing.

The Israeli's got caught red handed attempting to frame Egypt by killing all those Americans. The Israeli's fired on the USS liberty for many hours trying to sink the ship in a botched false flag operation. The Israeli's knew full well that they were firing on a American ship.

Maybe you believe us American goy ought to be overwhelmed with unconditional love for killing all those American Sailors and ruining the families who loved them. The arrogance shown by the Israeli's when it comes to the death anyone other than a Jew should be abhorrent to any civilized human being.

Let someone from the west bank fire a rocket that's little more than a souped up fire-cracker and see the type of savage response that comes from the Zionist. Yet Americans are suppose to wait decades for the type of justice that the Israeli's so eagerly give to those ill equipped to defend themselves.

No one on earth hates more than the Israeli and the record speaks for itself so don't try to play the over-played “blameless Jew” card. It takes a lot of hate to kill all those innocent Americans in an attempt to kill innocent Egyptians by tricking America into fighting wars that belong to the Israeli's.

For the moment it seems that your persistence has won due to the false-flag operation on 9-11 that has Americans spilling their blood fighting the Israeli's enemies in wars that belong to the Israeli's. America is being played by the Israeli's to such a shameful degree that this nation is now seen as being retarded.

The whole point being had justice been brought forth for the false-flag attack on the USS Liberty it's very possible that the attack on the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma, the attack on the twin towers and building 7, as well as all the wars against the enemies of the Zionist would not be taking place right now. That's just the tip of the iceberg, but everyone is suppose to be stupid enough to have such overwhelming love for the blameless Jew.

But you omit the many mistakes by the navy and even the crew of the USS Liberty that contributed to the tragic incident.
Israel was at war and had just been attacked. US Navy denied they had any ships in the area, twice

After seeing posts about the Liberty over 10,000 or more times, it is time to hang up this subject, especially since so much is going on in the Middle East at this time. American military men are not thinking about the Liberty but about what the Jihadis are doing to innocent people these days. It seems that Al Jazeera (Isn't that owned by the Qatar government?) wants to drive a wedge between the U.S. and Israel, and all the anti-Semites pick up that article. Maybe Al Jazeera figures this will take some of the heat off the fact that all those laborers are working under slave-like conditions in Qatar, workers that the anti-Semites care nothing about because they can't use it in their propaganda stints against Israel. The anti-Semites should visit some Naval installations and ask the sailors if they are thinking about the Liberty or are they thinking about how busy extremists are busy murdering all the time. I am willing to bet that if instead of the Israelis mistaking the Intelligence Ship, the South Koreans mistook an American Intelligent Ship and bombed it, we would not be seeing ten thousand plus posts about this incident. However, since it was the Israelis, a million posts about this wouldn't be enough for the anti-Semites.

Say, I wonder if one of the anti-Semites here can contact Al Jazzera and have them run a piece about the bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon in which so many American and French servicemen were killed. Maybe we can get 10,000 plus posts on this incident.

I'm sorry. are you giving orders here? AND why does your copious sourcing "dry up" when it comes to this particular heinous act?,

"
Alan Fisher

'Mistaken identity'

'We had a ship to sail'

"best forgotten? Why?

No----you do not present the AMERICAN SIDE of the
story----you present the side of the injured parties.
In cases of personal injury----whether in the military or
in civilian life-----the INJURED PARTIES never describe
the incident as "accident" or "unintentional". No need
to forget it----it would be nice if islamo Nazis would stop
exploiting a tragic episode. Lots and Lots of Navy kids
have died since-----in incidents unrelated to war---some
on ships. It is clear that whatever was NOT done to
ensure the safety of a US ship floating around in an arena
of war------should be done in the future

I'm sorry. are you giving orders here? AND why does your copious sourcing "dry up" when it comes to this particular heinous act?,

Sally's post is long----I searched all thru it and failed to find
an "ORDER" you want links? try google

Sally's post is long----I searched all thru it and failed to find
an "ORDER" you want links? try google

I get a chuckle out of that whiner, IRosie. Maybe he can be the one to go to the Asia forum and start a thread about the U.S.S. Pueblo, and we can eventually get 10,000 posts about that one. Perhaps after he does that, he can actually give us some news about what is happening in the Middle East at this point in time. In addition to many horrific things happening, there are some good things happening of which Dot Com might like to inform the readers.

...Because the incident is over and nothing can change it. It's history.
Disagree, Hoss.

There's no need to 'forget it'.

But Americans should always be on-guard against Militant Muslims trying to leverage the shades of our dead, to try to drive a wedge between America and Israel.

Ditto for other Jew-Haters and misguided Useful Idiots and Surrender Monkeys and Isolationists, who routinely tag-along with the Muslims and feed their actions.

Until 1967, the US and Israel were not the same extremely close friends and allies that they are today.

In 1967, the US decided to 'adopt' Israel, as an offset to the by-then massive Soviet influence upon the Arab states of the region.

While that policy was being formulated and brought into reality, the USS Liberty Incident unfolded, attributable to myriad reasons, but, in the final analysis, an Isreali screw-up.

Both sides manage to iron it out, and, in very short order, afterwards, managed to revolve and forgive - if not forget - and to define and cement a new and close friendship.

Muslims - militant and otherwise - radical and otherwise - would dance in the streets if the US decided to dump Israel.

And they would be hitting Israel - viciously hard - from all sides - with an eye towards butchering every Jewish man, woman and child, or drowning them in the Mediterranean.

And Militant Muslims would cream-their-jeans over the prospect of doing that.

Their propaganda shills - and their fellow travelers and useful idiots - work towards that end in their own little way - here, and on scores of other electronic media - every day.

None of whom give a rat's ass about the USS Liberty nor its lost souls, other than the idea that it can be used as a piece of ammunition in their anti-Jewish/anti-Israeli barrage.

The truck is, not to fall for their bullshit.

We can, indeed, remember, and honor, the fallen Americans of the USS Liberty, and the range of miscalculations and errors and misguided actions that attended to that tragedy.

But we best honor our Sacred Dead by not allowing Militant Muslims - and their camp followers - to use the ghosts of our Sacred Dead for poisonous Muslim propaganda.

Or so it seems, to this observer.

Last edited:
Alan Fisher

'Mistaken identity'

'We had a ship to sail'

I was a naval officer for a time. As far as I understand military law-----Robert Brooks and Ernie Gallo violated
military law by publically contradicting the conclusions
regarding the Liberty Incident.

Forum List

Back