🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Removing the American Stains: Memphis city officials remove 2 Confederate Traitors from view! WHEE!

Memphis City Council votes to remove 2 Confederate statues from local parks immediately

:clap::up:WOW! The :ahole-1: scumbags of the south are dying AGAIN!
ALL Whitey traitor supporters can DIE forever. If you support these LOSERS, You're
a southern BORN TERRORIST LOSER! My American heritage tells me they are the
worst American stains on our nation. As the BETTER always overcomes the anal
simpleminded LOSERS morons in the end! See History!
Who were then, and are still the southern states of America.

Can I call Trump Satan's Sex Toy somewhere around here?

Conservatives are at a loss, "what are 'Con-fed-are-it' statues? We don't know history since a few statues were removed in other cities a few months ago so you'll have to bring us up to speed". "In fact, what is a 'stat-chu'? Is that Chinese?"

What the heck are you talkijng about?

Conservatives are at a loss, "what are 'Con-fed-are-it' statues? We don't know history since a few statues were removed in other cities a few months ago so you'll have to bring us up to speed". "In fact, what is a 'stat-chu'? Is that Chinese?"

That was a simple review of the southern hate for this nation that is AMERICA.
AS THEY LOST, nothang changes THAT point. So they can all lick clean my sewer
tank forever.

Trump is Satan's Sex Toy, spread it about before the Men In Black get me.

Did Byrd lead troops into battle against the U. S.? See the difference?
So what your saying is these people who want to tear the statues down are doing it for patriotic reasons ? People like Lee and the rest have been dead for almost 150 years the former recruiter for the KKK has only been dead for 7.
Did Byrd lead troops into battle against U.S. troops? See the difference dumbass?
Nah he just requited people who lynched folks, bombed churches, denied Blacks basic human rights and all of that within living memory.
Byrd apologized and asked for forgiveness which he received from the black community he lived near.. His later political actions validated his apology and the sincerity behind it.
Do you believe Byrd would have apogized for anything had his time been fifty years earlier?
Irrelevant!

People who bring Robert Byrd into an argument, but fail to mention his apology and his subsequent change in behavior, are just plain dishonest.
Do you believe Byrd would have apologized had his time been fifty years earlier?
Those who excuse Byrd but disregard era when not excusing those who espoused Byrd's same views decades before are beyond dishonest.
The issue is not what other people did at any particular time. I was remarking on the efforts to use Byrd as some sort of defense to criticism without disclosing his apology and subsequent change in behavior, which is a shameful, deliberate, and dishonest omission.
Era has everything to do with it and is the essence of the argument. Fifty years earlier Byrd would not have apologized. Any recognition of him today would then be stricken. So you see the dilemma?

So what your saying is these people who want to tear the statues down are doing it for patriotic reasons ? People like Lee and the rest have been dead for almost 150 years the former recruiter for the KKK has only been dead for 7.
Did Byrd lead troops into battle against U.S. troops? See the difference dumbass?
Nah he just requited people who lynched folks, bombed churches, denied Blacks basic human rights and all of that within living memory.
Byrd apologized and asked for forgiveness which he received from the black community he lived near.. His later political actions validated his apology and the sincerity behind it.
Do you believe Byrd would have apogized for anything had his time been fifty years earlier?
Irrelevant!
Are you insane or just stupid? Era is the essence of the debate.

2 more Democrats removed from public view. There are only a few of them left.
Yes they were Democrats before the war....in the election of 1860, they walked away from the Democrats too....as we also found out in the mid-1960s, their racism transcended party.
Did they walk away from the Democrats when they formed the KKK after the war?
Nope....they were Democrats back then......and the Republicans were the liberal radicals.

People who bring Robert Byrd into an argument, but fail to mention his apology and his subsequent change in behavior, are just plain dishonest.
Do you believe Byrd would have apologized had his time been fifty years earlier?
Those who excuse Byrd but disregard era when not excusing those who espoused Byrd's same views decades before are beyond dishonest.
The issue is not what other people did at any particular time. I was remarking on the efforts to use Byrd as some sort of defense to criticism without disclosing his apology and subsequent change in behavior, which is a shameful, deliberate, and dishonest omission.
Era has everything to do with it and is the essence of the argument. Fifty years earlier Byrd would not have apologized. Any recognition of him today would then be stricken. So you see the dilemma?
There is no "dilemma," except in your mind. I am speaking directly to the habit of some people to omit crucial facts in their presentations deliberately, which is dishonest.

Yes they were Democrats before the war....in the election of 1860, they walked away from the Democrats too....as we also found out in the mid-1960s, their racism transcended party.
Nope....they were Democrats back then......and the Republicans were the liberal radicals.
When did they switch places? lol

There is no "dilemma," except in your mind. I am speaking directly to the habit of some people to omit crucial facts in their presentations deliberately, which is dishonest.
Which is exactly what the left wing censors who want to remove southern symbols do when they defend Robert Byrd.
You have the shoe entirely on the wrong foot.

Which is exactly what the left wing censors who want to remove southern symbols do when they defend Robert Byrd.
Nonsense. What you say are "southern symbols" (and really white-supremacy symbols if you are honest) are just being moved from places of prominence in public space, as they represent different things to different people, often times negative, and a place of prominence in the public square symbolizes universal public acceptance of these symbols as something good. These symbols belong in museums where people can go to see them and study history. Aren't there museums in the south? The history of white southerners up to and through the Civil War is widely known. It's studied in junior high school.
But anyway, we are discussing one single individual and how he is being described to the public. His history is known, but why is it being edited down to omit an important part of his life?

Thats been debunked so many times it has no merit.

Nonsense. What you say are "southern symbols" (and really white-supremacy symbols if you are honest) are just being moved from places of prominence in public space, as they represent different things to different people, often times negative, and a place of prominence in the public square symbolizes universal public acceptance of these symbols as something good. These symbols belong in museums where people can go to see them and study history. Aren't there museums in the south? The history of white southerners up to and through the Civil War is widely known. It's studied in junior high school.
But anyway, we are discussing one single individual and how he is being described to the public. His history is known, but why is it being edited down to omit an important part of his life?
You're defeating your own argument by the inconsistency of selective context.
What's more, those are not symbols of hate. They represent honor and loyalty. Their misapplication may have been rooted in something dishonest but the symbols themselves aren't to blame. It's those who misuse them that are.
But your censoring ilk will have none of that context, perspective and intellectual stuff. Just ram the fascism and ignorance down everyone's throat.

You're defeating your own argument by the inconsistency of selective context.
What's more, those are not symbols of hate. They represent honor and loyalty. Their misapplication may have been rooted in something dishonest but the symbols themselves aren't to blame. It's those who misuse them that are.
But your censoring ilk will have none of that context, perspective and intellectual stuff. Just ram the fascism and ignorance down everyone's throat.
They represent honor and loyalty only to some persons. Who is ramming "fascism and ignorance" down everyone's throat? Everyone is free to celebrate their heritage. But public space should be open to all. Get thee to a museum.

I was born in a state were there are literally No statues to the confederacy. Can't imagine that, defending slavery and having heroes like Stonewall Jackson or Robert E. Lee. I read history, and I wish I could ask Lee WHY he chose the Confederacy and Virginia over Colombia, slavery over freedom, states rights over abolition. Why? What were YOU thinking?

Last edited:
I believe the argument is that many of the statues have been torn down in mob actions rather than legally. What next, burn Beatles records? Books?

I believe the argument is that many of the statues have been torn down in mob actions rather than legally. What next, burn Beatles records? Books?
I agree, kristallnacht was one thing, but overreacting and dictating what words we can use and how you think because it's not liberal, that is over reacting and scary in it own right. Liberals have to own up to that.

You may be right but I haven't heard of any statues being torn down...i have heard that some were taken from public properties and whisked off to museums or private properties.

You may be right but I haven't heard of any statues being torn down...i have heard that some were taken from public properties and whisked off to museums or private properties.
There has been one such statute that was torn down by a "mob." I believe that it was in Durham, N.C. The people responsible were arrested arrested and charged.

Memphis City Council votes to remove 2 Confederate statues from local parks immediately

:clap::up:WOW! The :ahole-1: scumbags of the south are dying AGAIN!
ALL Whitey traitor supporters can DIE forever. If you support these LOSERS, You're
a southern BORN TERRORIST LOSER! My American heritage tells me they are the
worst American stains on our nation. As the BETTER always overcomes the anal
simpleminded LOSERS morons in the end! See History!
Who were then, and are still the southern states of America.
Shocked! A democrap cheering breaking the law. I mean after all their 2016 presidential candidate was a criminal who was allowed to skate why not cheer ALL criminal democraps. Democraps: whining about a statue but not giving a shit about the poverty rate,crime rate,rate of unwed mothers,unemployment rate in their city!

Forum List

Back