🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Removing the American Stains: Memphis city officials remove 2 Confederate Traitors from view! WHEE!

Nathan Bedford Forest was scum. He was guilty of the massacre at fort Pillow where 300 soldiers doing engineering work were slaughtered. They should melt the statue down . the way he is enjoying his post mortem existence.

300 soldiers? That pales to the number of people including civilians, who were killed during Sherman's march to the sea.

I agree with those members who feel that the statues should remain.

History is fascinating.

Our young people should understand it better.

It has been suggested that those statues should be made a teaching moment. That is, plaques should be placed next to them in order to explain the role that those historical figures played in American history.

In all fairness, however, taking down statues seems to be a popular trend. I've just read that on Taiwan, the government is removing all of the statues of President Chiang Kai-shek (older members will know who he was). Personally, I feel that such a move is a disservice to young Taiwanese, who should surely know about their own history.

If you ever visit the beautiful city of San Francisco, chances are that you may travel on a street named for Denis Kearney (1847 - 1907), He was an anti-Chinese agitator. To the best of my knowledge, there has been no organized effort among Frisco's influential Chinese community to rename that street. I commend them for their maturity and respect for history.

2 more Democrats removed from public view. There are only a few of them left.

That's my take. Why are Democrats so adamant about erasing their own history? They were the ones who erected the statues in the first place. Don't they know that if they forget their own past, they're likely to repeat it?
When are "conservatives" going to recognize that the parties switched places in the south during the 1960's onward?
One of these statues was erected in 1904 to support Jim Crow laws, the other in 1964 when issues of civil rights were looming. One has to consider the circumstances under which these statues were erected. There is plenty of private property for them to be removed to, which the "sons" and "daughters" of confederate whatever can visit if they wish to pay homage to their ancestors. Their admiration for, or veneration of, their ancestors is not a matter of public concern.

It is fun watching the Alt Right neo-fascist comrades fulminate helplessly and hopelessly.

The history remains, and the offensive artifacts will be put where they belong.

Rosh, you are an Alt Right neo-fascist who is almost functionally and graphically illiterate.

You have never been to carry a single argument on this Board. We have no reason to believe that you ever will.

You have your terms confused again. You used to call me a commie. :)

Rosh, you are an Alt Right neo-fascist who is almost functionally and graphically illiterate.

You have never been to carry a single argument on this Board. We have no reason to believe that you ever will.

You have your terms confused again. You used to call me a commie. :)
You're a nazi. You have no room to assess anyone's debate ability since you rely so heavily in the pussified, drive-by, funny-button non-response.
You approve of censorship and advocate for and excuse fascism.

Erasing history? China's Chairman Mao was celebrated by the same idiot lefties in the U.S. when he tried to obliterate the history that didn't conform to the progressive new world. Tear down the statues in the dead of night. Typical.
Chairman Mao is dead.....and has been for quite a while. Were you not informed?

That's my take. Why are Democrats so adamant about erasing their own history? They were the ones who erected the statues in the first place. Don't they know that if they forget their own past, they're likely to repeat it?
When are "conservatives" going to recognize that the parties switched places in the south during the 1960's onward?
One of these statues was erected in 1904 to support Jim Crow laws, the other in 1964 when issues of civil rights were looming. One has to consider the circumstances under which these statues were erected. There is plenty of private property for them to be removed to, which the "sons" and "daughters" of confederate whatever can visit if they wish to pay homage to their ancestors. Their admiration for, or veneration of, their ancestors is not a matter of public concern.
They switched places? LOL...all you did was exchange your white hoods for black ones. A racist doesn't change his racism.

And this coveted CRM was a flaming disaster, since the exact same complaints are heard today as there were 50 years ago.

You know when people will say ANYTHING to try and gain partisan points, that's it's just a complete waste of time.

Great so when are you lefty loons going to start screaming about Robert Byrd's statue ?
Did Byrd lead troops into battle against the U. S.? See the difference?
So what your saying is these people who want to tear the statues down are doing it for patriotic reasons ? People like Lee and the rest have been dead for almost 150 years the former recruiter for the KKK has only been dead for 7.

Great so when are you lefty loons going to start screaming about Robert Byrd's statue ?
So what your saying is these people who want to tear the statues down are doing it for patriotic reasons ? People like Lee and the rest have been dead for almost 150 years the former recruiter for the KKK has only been dead for 7.
Did Byrd lead troops into battle against U.S. troops? See the difference dumbass?

Did Byrd lead troops into battle against U.S. troops? See the difference dumbass?
Nah he just requited people who lynched folks, bombed churches, denied Blacks basic human rights and all of that within living memory.

Nah he just requited people who lynched folks, bombed churches, denied Blacks basic human rights and all of that within living memory.
He did none of those things.
Robert Byrd was an Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan. What does that mean?
Robert Byrd - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back