Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020

Easy answer. In less than 10 years, Fusion Generators will be coming on line making more power cheaper than and more plentiful than the Coal, OIl and NG fired Electrical Plants with almost Zero Pollution. This type of power pretty much opens the Heavens and the Earth for power including Outerspace Travel at remarkable speeds. It moves Electric Power to the very top of the list for power when you couple it with the solid state batteries coming on line right around 2025.

Let's take a look at a Turbofan engine. Most of it's thrust doesn't come from the exhaust. It comes from the fans. It's a fancy ducted series of fans. You don't really need that much exhaust thrust until you exceed the speed that the fan can no longer support the thrust needed to propel it forward. And that happens somewhere just over Mach 1. That means, an electric version can propel a liner at 600 mph just like a jet powered one can if you have efficient enough motors and batteries. Now, that's a long time off. But it will come sooner or later. Or we may just replace the 600 mph liner with a 600 mph electro magnetic tube. You may only need the JP powered vehicle to go over long stretches of water. I'll give it till 2050 on that prediction. It's coming.

But for cars, gas powered cars won't fare so well in the short term. Electrics are coming on way too fast. Tesla gets about 330 mile range out of their cars on eco mode now and that is with lipo4 batteries. Teslas biggest mistake right now is that they don't have enough assembly lines but that will change soon. Of course, GM, Ford, Honda and all the others are investing billions into electric cars. With the advent of the Fusion Power, by 2030, the gas powered car will be extinct much like the Horse and Buggy. You'll be sitting with your Grand Kids around you telling them stories about Gas Powered Cars and they will expect you to start the story with "Once Upon a Time".

In less than 10 years, Fusion Generators will be coming on line

Sweet!
Don't hold your breathe.

Lockheed already has a working small model of one. They are ironing out the kinks before the scale up. I took one breath, held it for a second and let it out. Now,don't you feel foolish.

Lockheed already has a working small model of one.

How small?
How many MW does it consume for each MW of output?

You can't stand it that your precious Oil Company Employer is in serious trouble in the next 10 years. It's been a fun run for the last 110 years. But all things come to an end.

North Dakota Oil Production Soars to Record High in July
North Dakota Is Producing As Much Oil As The Entire Country Of Venezuela

Works for me. The only thing that does is gets us away from being dependent on over seas oil imports. We have become an oil exporter which is good. And exactly how does this apply to lessening other forms of energy production and research?

Sweet!
Don't hold your breathe.

Lockheed already has a working small model of one. They are ironing out the kinks before the scale up. I took one breath, held it for a second and let it out. Now,don't you feel foolish.

How small?

You can't stand it that your precious Oil Company Employer is in serious trouble in the next 10 years. It's been a fun run for the last 110 years. But all things come to an end.

Works for me. The only thing that does is gets us away from being dependent on over seas oil imports. We have become an oil exporter which is good. And exactly how does this apply to lessening other forms of energy production and research?

North Dakota oil industry expresses pride as U.S. hits oil production milestone

Sweet!
Don't hold your breathe.

How small?

I am for an all above energy... As long as it’s affordable, reliable and feasible. Renewables just aren’t there yet cold turkey is not the way to go.
Anyway, it seems fossil fuels are turning into renewables we just keep on finding more.... lol

Daryl Hunt said:
And exactly how does this apply to lessening other forms of energy production and research?
Doesn't Need To
Maybe In The 'Long Ago And Far-Away' Future Tech Fantasy
Solar And Wind Will Become More
Than A Minor, Heavily Subsidized Energy Supplement

Showing In Your Local Theaters Now

How small?

I am for an all above energy... As long as it’s affordable, reliable and feasible. Renewables just aren’t there yet cold turkey is not the way to go.
Anyway, it seems fossil fuels are turning into renewables we just keep on finding more.... lol

One thing the threat of renewables has done is cause the search by the oil companies to do is to search for more sources. I think the tipping point for making Shale Oil production compete is 80 bucks a barrel. Once the crude reaches that point, Shale becomes competitive for sweet crude along with Coal being used to produce heavy crude.

Did a little research. What we think of one type of crude oil is actually two different types. Much of ND crude is made up of both types. ND has a lot of Sweat Crude oil and some heavy crude. In order to make the various blends, they mix the two to shorten the refinery time. For instance, motor oil requires almost all heavy crude while White Gas requires almost all sweet crude. But to easily made the various blends of fuel from diesel to 100 octane, they blend the two crudes together. Diesel gets the most heavy crude while 100 octane gets the most sweet.

the problem is, the exporting of sweet crude is much lower than the exporting of heavy crude since most over seas refineries are set up for the lower grades that primarily use the heavier crude. Places like Texas are the major producers of Heavy Crude while ND, Colorado and the other Mountain States produce the heaviest Sweet Crude and a smaller amount of heavy crude.

Canada's oil sands are sweet crude mostly. I have no idea why such a huge deal was made out of making a pipeline all the way down to Corpus Christi from Canada was made. Shipping that way is in direct competition with shipping from North Dakota. This is great for Canada (The Canadian Government owns X amount of the oil company) but it sucks for many of the Western States including Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, just to name a few of the Sweet Crude producers.

What is happening is, the oil companies MUST keep producing and keep the price of the barrels of oil down otherwise, the alternatives become viable. And it just isn't solar and wind or others, it's also Shale and Coal which can replace Crude for many hundreds of years.

How small?

One thing the threat of renewables has done is cause the search by the oil companies to do is to search for more sources. I think the tipping point for making Shale Oil production compete is 80 bucks a barrel. Once the crude reaches that point, Shale becomes competitive for sweet crude along with Coal being used to produce heavy crude.

Did a little research. What we think of one type of crude oil is actually two different types. Much of ND crude is made up of both types. ND has a lot of Sweat Crude oil and some heavy crude. In order to make the various blends, they mix the two to shorten the refinery time. For instance, motor oil requires almost all heavy crude while White Gas requires almost all sweet crude. But to easily made the various blends of fuel from diesel to 100 octane, they blend the two crudes together. Diesel gets the most heavy crude while 100 octane gets the most sweet.

the problem is, the exporting of sweet crude is much lower than the exporting of heavy crude since most over seas refineries are set up for the lower grades that primarily use the heavier crude. Places like Texas are the major producers of Heavy Crude while ND, Colorado and the other Mountain States produce the heaviest Sweet Crude and a smaller amount of heavy crude.

Canada's oil sands are sweet crude mostly. I have no idea why such a huge deal was made out of making a pipeline all the way down to Corpus Christi from Canada was made. Shipping that way is in direct competition with shipping from North Dakota. This is great for Canada (The Canadian Government owns X amount of the oil company) but it sucks for many of the Western States including Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, just to name a few of the Sweet Crude producers.

What is happening is, the oil companies MUST keep producing and keep the price of the barrels of oil down otherwise, the alternatives become viable. And it just isn't solar and wind or others, it's also Shale and Coal which can replace Crude for many hundreds of years.
True, But every day oil technology improves and new reserves are found.
It is a certainty there are huge new reserves to be found underneath where I live. Technology will soon be to the point where they can be reached.
As far as the pipeline goes, The more options anyone has the better for the overall product. The pipelines don’t hurt anybody in the long-haul. It’s just a control freaks/tree hugger/politically correct people can’t stand not being in control...

Who said they are unreliable.

Reality.

As it stands right now, even Harley Davidson is turning out an Electric Motorcycle with quite a range.

So what? We're discussing power generation.

Easy answer. In less than 10 years, Fusion Generators will be coming on line making more power cheaper than and more plentiful than the Coal, OIl and NG fired Electrical Plants with almost Zero Pollution. This type of power pretty much opens the Heavens and the Earth for power including Outerspace Travel at remarkable speeds. It moves Electric Power to the very top of the list for power when you couple it with the solid state batteries coming on line right around 2025.

Let's take a look at a Turbofan engine. Most of it's thrust doesn't come from the exhaust. It comes from the fans. It's a fancy ducted series of fans. You don't really need that much exhaust thrust until you exceed the speed that the fan can no longer support the thrust needed to propel it forward. And that happens somewhere just over Mach 1. That means, an electric version can propel a liner at 600 mph just like a jet powered one can if you have efficient enough motors and batteries. Now, that's a long time off. But it will come sooner or later. Or we may just replace the 600 mph liner with a 600 mph electro magnetic tube. You may only need the JP powered vehicle to go over long stretches of water. I'll give it till 2050 on that prediction. It's coming.

But for cars, gas powered cars won't fare so well in the short term. Electrics are coming on way too fast. Tesla gets about 330 mile range out of their cars on eco mode now and that is with lipo4 batteries. Teslas biggest mistake right now is that they don't have enough assembly lines but that will change soon. Of course, GM, Ford, Honda and all the others are investing billions into electric cars. With the advent of the Fusion Power, by 2030, the gas powered car will be extinct much like the Horse and Buggy. You'll be sitting with your Grand Kids around you telling them stories about Gas Powered Cars and they will expect you to start the story with "Once Upon a Time".

Sweet!
Don't hold your breathe.

How small?

You can't stand it that your precious Oil Company Employer is in serious trouble in the next 10 years.

Trouble? From your imaginary fusion reactor? LOL! You never answered.....

How small?

I think the tipping point for making Shale Oil production compete is 80 bucks a barrel.

Your info is out of date.
upload_2018-12-16_11-28-0.png

Economics of U.S. Shale Oil Production | Bloomberg NEF

It is a certainty there are huge new reserves to be found underneath where I live. Technology will soon be to the point where they can be reached.
As far as the pipeline goes, The more options anyone has the better for the overall product. The pipelines don’t hurt anybody in the long-haul. It’s just a control freaks/tree hugger/politically correct people can’t stand not being in control...

You really need to understand Trade. If Canada can ship their oil to US Refineries and not set up their own refineries, we get the bad affects from the refineries and they get all the benefits from the oil. Plus, ND and other states are less prone to expand their own research. Here in Colorado, our oil research is down because we also do a lot of sweet crude. With Canada shipping sweet crude, it give us less of an incentive to bring up crude since the price is kept so low. We have to go a lot further down than, say Texas does to get the oil. Unlike Kansas and ND, we can be reasonably sure that our Fracking won't affect the water or anything else since it's going to be below 15K below the surface. Meanwhile, in ND and Kansas, Fracking may screw up the water tables and cause mini earth quakes. Just remember, you can only frack once. Once you do, you have to move on to another area. And Fracking is what is giving us all that new found resource right now. When that is done, what then?

Luckily, we have other alternatives when crude starts to climb back up. When it hits 80 a barrel, Shale and Coal for crude comes on line. We won't see the 200 buck a barrel ever again. That means, Gasoline might reach 4 bucks a gallon at the pumps but not much more and then go down as they learn to do the Shale and Coal more efficiently. And the fact is, there is more Shale and Coal than crude in the ground.

But when Fusion hits, it all changes. All of a sudden, Electric comes into it's own and becomes the major energy used. Even the Solar and Wind gets hit by that. At that point, crude goes down and down until the manufacture of it is almost gone. At that point, it goes up and up. Crude won't go away since it's still used for things other than fuel for cars. But the heaviest use of it will be gone. And I believe that the heaviest use for it will be gone by 2035 anyway even without Fusion.

Sweet!
Don't hold your breathe.

How small?

You can't stand it that your precious Oil Company Employer is in serious trouble in the next 10 years.

So I look like a Friggin Engineer to you? If you can't answer the question how do you think I can. I can only prove it exists and have already done that. You just won't accept reality because it gets in the way of your insanity. And it might bring down your world as you know it.

I think the tipping point for making Shale Oil production compete is 80 bucks a barrel.

View attachment 235017

Scary ain't it.

You really need to understand Trade. If Canada can ship their oil to US Refineries and not set up their own refineries, we get the bad affects from the refineries and they get all the benefits from the oil. Plus, ND and other states are less prone to expand their own research. Here in Colorado, our oil research is down because we also do a lot of sweet crude. With Canada shipping sweet crude, it give us less of an incentive to bring up crude since the price is kept so low. We have to go a lot further down than, say Texas does to get the oil. Unlike Kansas and ND, we can be reasonably sure that our Fracking won't affect the water or anything else since it's going to be below 15K below the surface. Meanwhile, in ND and Kansas, Fracking may screw up the water tables and cause mini earth quakes. Just remember, you can only frack once. Once you do, you have to move on to another area. And Fracking is what is giving us all that new found resource right now. When that is done, what then?

Luckily, we have other alternatives when crude starts to climb back up. When it hits 80 a barrel, Shale and Coal for crude comes on line. We won't see the 200 buck a barrel ever again. That means, Gasoline might reach 4 bucks a gallon at the pumps but not much more and then go down as they learn to do the Shale and Coal more efficiently. And the fact is, there is more Shale and Coal than crude in the ground.

But when Fusion hits, it all changes. All of a sudden, Electric comes into it's own and becomes the major energy used. Even the Solar and Wind gets hit by that. At that point, crude goes down and down until the manufacture of it is almost gone. At that point, it goes up and up. Crude won't go away since it's still used for things other than fuel for cars. But the heaviest use of it will be gone. And I believe that the heaviest use for it will be gone by 2035 anyway even without Fusion.

If Canada can ship their oil to US Refineries and not set up their own refineries, we get the bad affects from the refineries and they get all the benefits from the oil.

Bad effects? Like jobs and profits? LOL!

With Canada shipping sweet crude,

Most of their oil is bitumen, not sweet.

Sweet!
Don't hold your breathe.

How small?

So I look like a Friggin Engineer to you? If you can't answer the question how do you think I can. I can only prove it exists and have already done that. You just won't accept reality because it gets in the way of your insanity. And it might bring down your world as you know it.

So I look like a Friggin Engineer to you?

No, you look like an idiot who made up a story about a Lockheed working fusion reactor.

I can only prove it exists and have already done that.

Your claim is not proof. Post a link.

And it might bring down your world as you know it

Why would your cheaper, imaginary power "bring down my world"?

View attachment 235017

Scary ain't it.

Your errors don't scare me.

View attachment 235017

Scary ain't it.

I just love you paid trolls. Have a nice life, cupcake.

Obviously you’re not speaking for all of America, many places in America solar is not feasible and won’t be for decades

Funny you should bring that up. They use Solar in the Arctic and the Antarctic even during the winter months when you might have only an hour or so of actual direct sunlight. They are experimenting to get ready for using it on Mars which will have about the same conditions as the Arctic for solar during the Arctic summer months. Something is better than nothing.

this gets more amusing with each new post. you want solar panel farms and the libs in California are now demanding that the solar farms be removed because they are disrupting the habitat of small desert reptiles.

Liberalism is a mental disease, that is proven every day.

Ever been to southern Utah? How about western New Mexico or western Texas, or Most of Arizona, and a huge chunk of southern California? There is a reason no one lives there. It's hot, barren, arid and has killed may that have tried to just cross those areas. Why not use those areas for something other than blank spots on Google maps. And that is thinking like a Conservative. I don't call you a conservative. I really don't know what you are but you aren't a conservative.

Don't you understand? there are cute little desert creatures that live there and they must be saved. That, to liberals, is much more important than creating better power sources for mankind.

So you are now speaking for all others. You certainly have more power than I give you credit for. In fact, you must have more power than even you give yourself credit for. Then again, they are already doing construction in those areas for energy. Guess the people you seem to represent aren't being properly represented by you. You lose, maroon.

California liberals are currently blocking new solar panel farms to protect small desert lizards and plants. That is the simple truth about your hypocritical libtardians.

View attachment 235017

Scary ain't it.

I just love you paid trolls. Have a nice life, cupcake.

Not as much as I love idiots.

So, no more info on that working fusion reactor? DERP!

I had it wrong, the panel farm was blocked because it would inconvenience sheep. SHEEECH !!!!!

California Blocks Huge Solar Power Plant To Protect Sheep

Can you lie more? I know you can if you try a bit harder. Here is a bit of education of the Bighorn Sheep.

Big Horn Sheep - Ovis canadensis - NatureWorks
Bighorn sheep live in alpine meadows, mountain slopes, and foothills. They like areas with rocky slopes that they can climb to evade predators

We have bighorn sheep here in the higher elevations. They can't exist in the areas that you would put a solar panel farm. You ultra rightwing lugnuts sure do like to make things up just to ding someone else. Solar Panel Farms need dry, hot, flat really sunny areas that not a whole hell of a lot can grow or live. Arid Desert only. First you lie about the little lizards that don't exist then you transplant some poor bighorn sheep to that area that won't even make the summer. They'll be dead in a month. Mother Nature seperated them from that desert for a reason. Now, stop making shit up.

I had it wrong, the panel farm was blocked because it would inconvenience sheep. SHEEECH !!!!!

California Blocks Huge Solar Power Plant To Protect Sheep

Now, look at the vegitation. It has grass for grazing. It can be used by sheep or cattle. If they go a bit deeper into the Mojave Desert where it's very arid, the grass isn't there, the water isn't there, nothing is there. It's barren and ideal for giant Solar Farms. But if you put them where there is vegitation then you are doing something very wrong. It's not just incoveniencing sheep, it's hurting meat production along with wild life of all kinds. You can release it till your blue in the face but misusing it like that is just plain wrong when there are places deeper in Mojave that you can use just as well for the same purpose and no one really cares. It looks like someone got greedy and paid someone off to try and get it put there. Sheep don't graze on alkali flats and neither does anything else.

Forum List

Back