Renewables To Capture Three Fourths Of $10 Trillion Energy Investments Through 2040

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
1*bJHHRo1LcXbeME4i47Neuw.jpeg

The staggering drop in the cost of clean energy has already upended the global power market over the past two decades — and that trend will only continue for the next two decades, according to new analysis from Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).

As a result, renewables will capture the lion’s share of the $10.2 trillion the world will invest in new power generation by 2040, BNEF projects in its annual New Energy Outlook 2017 report.

Forget coal, solar will soon be cheaper than natural gas power

If it's private money and it turns a profit, then awesome.

If it's government subsidized (our) money and gets pissed away, let it be someone else's government.

1*bJHHRo1LcXbeME4i47Neuw.jpeg

The staggering drop in the cost of clean energy has already upended the global power market over the past two decades — and that trend will only continue for the next two decades, according to new analysis from Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).

As a result, renewables will capture the lion’s share of the $10.2 trillion the world will invest in new power generation by 2040, BNEF projects in its annual New Energy Outlook 2017 report.

Forget coal, solar will soon be cheaper than natural gas power
That is great news. Let the private sector drive change, not the government. I look forward to a cleaner future, but that does not have to happen tomorrow.

If it's private money and it turns a profit, then awesome.

If it's government subsidized (our) money and gets pissed away, let it be someone else's government.

Glad you feel that way. But I don't seem to remember you saying that samething about the tax payer funded subsidies for the fossil fuel industry, that we are still paying to this day, for the last 100 years that accounts for more than $10 trillion.

So where's my money?

Forum List

Back