Rep. Ilhan Omar Pushes Anti-Israel Resolution

Should Ilhan Omar's Anti-Israel Resolution come to pass in Congress?

• Yes, because the Democrats are in command in Congress and should make their anti-Antisemitism known.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, because boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union nearly led to genocide of the Jewish race.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
what does "anti-Israel" even mean?
\
You say trump is a racist for a myriad of reasons, yet aren't fact based.
And now you're demanding proof of anti antisemitism
Is that not self-explanatory?
No, it's not.

The statement doesn't make any sense.

Unless someone outright states that they want to see Israel destroyed, then they're not anti-Israel.

How do you know what's in a person's heart?
Your a professing Christian. Maybe you should tell us what Jesus said about what proceeds from the heart.

US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech

How can a law that limits our right to protest be constitutional?

Why do we even have a law prohibiting the boycott of Israel and Israelis? Who's idea was that?

Crepitus asked: "How can a law that limits our right to protest be constitutional?"​

What law would that be? Please identify by Congressional number such a law as it relates to this discussion. Thx.

Crepitus asked: "Why do we even have a law prohibiting the boycott of Israel and Israelis?"
Again, I'm not acquainted with one. Please indicate by its Congressional number the law to which you are referring.

Crepitus asked: "<sic>Who's idea was that? Please reread my recommended thread above and here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech
What's your take on this?

US Rep. Ilhan Omar proposed a resolution this week supporting the right to boycott Israel, likening the boycott of the Jewish state to boycotts of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Omar’s resolution seeks to push back against US laws banning the boycott of Israel and affirms the right of Americans to organize boycotts of foreign countries if they wish.

While the resolution doesn’t explicitly name Israel or the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, she told media outlets that the resolution concerns the Jewish state.“We are introducing a resolution … to really speak about the American values that support and believe in our ability to exercise our First Amendment rights in regard to boycotting,” Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/ilhan-omar-proposes-resolution-supporting-boycott-of-israel/

The other side to the history of the struggle to make anti-Semitism illegal is discussed here (and I spent half an hour coming to the conclusion that so far, no one can come to the conclusion to change Free Speech as it now is to limit or leave alone Free Speech (Bill of Rights #1) The startling thing about this decades-long debate is that the largest smiters of killing off anti-Semitic speech are Jewish lawyers for reasons that will confuse or bewilder you until you read it here: An Abandoned Weapon in the Fight Against Hate Speech

I'm not expecting a lucid answer from you, but why is the right obsessed with loving Israel? They have universal health care, not only is abortion legal, the government often pays for it, they have social security and welfare, the government subsidizes higher education.

why is the right obsessed with loving Israel? They have universal health care, not only is abortion legal, the government often pays for it, they have social security and welfare, the government subsidizes higher education.

Which raises a follow up question ... why do so many of the Left hate Israel so vehemently?

why is the right obsessed with loving Israel? They have universal health care, not only is abortion legal, the government often pays for it, they have social security and welfare, the government subsidizes higher education.

Which raises a follow up question ... why do so many of the Left hate Israel so vehemently?
How can you have a follow up question when you avoid answering the initial question? As far as hating Israel, the ones I see who do are usually anti-Semites, who I see on both sides of the aisle.

Explain how any of this is anti-Israel?

BTW, what does "anti-Israel" even mean?

Are you serious?

Have you noticed, the same people show up whenever there are discussions concerning Jews and Israel?

If you have a problem with Jews, you have a problem with me. Those people know who they are.
Why are you speaking in vague cryptologies?

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

I don't take bait and I don't get dragged into pointless call-outs.

If you just let an anti-Semite talk they will eventually call themselves out.

Funny. After all these claims of racism, it turns out that the only real racist here is Omar herself! :auiqs.jpg:

If you have a problem with Jews, you have a problem with me. Those people know who they are.

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Funny. After all these claims of racism, it turns out that the only real racist here is Omar herself! :auiqs.jpg:

She seems to me to be riddled with bitter grievance.

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

the Islamic boycott of Israel SINCE circa 1950 has been a very coordinated attempt at starvation siege. Starvation siege MADE ISLAM historically -----millions were killed off-----REMEMBER THE DEAD BIAFRAN BABIES ---circa 1970.~~ 2 million. That was an Islamic starvation siege. There are many other historic examples. The program included the entire UMMAH ----not doing business with any business that does any business at all with Israel------lots of it included almost comical outcomes. -----and almost comical solutions. Of course there are
possible pushbacks. The murder of Biafran infants in Nigeria was no comedy,
however----but it was very Islamic----for more information talk to a Nigerian
Christian. ----- A distant relative of mine is convinced that starvation sieges killed off lots of jewish communities in Africa------including Somalia. Those poor somalians have so few people left to murder that they venture into KENYA looking
for Hindus. -------but do manage to kill each other. You can take a girl out of
SHABAAB LAND-----but you cannot take the SHABAAB out of the muslimah

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Got nothing to do with RAAAAYYYYCISM... it's got everything to do with religion.

Omar is a muslim. Muslims hate jews.

Why is there any more conversation needed about this?

what does "anti-Israel" even mean?

Is that not self-explanatory?
No, it's not.

The statement doesn't make any sense.

Unless someone outright states that they want to see Israel destroyed, then they're not anti-Israel.

How do you know what's in a person's heart?

easy----if a person travels to mecca and farts DEATH TO------as he walks around the black turd in the sand------he is ANTI----what ever he is farting "death to...."
In fact even if he takes part in that ACT OF HOLY FAITH----it is logical to conclude
WHERE HIS HEART IS

also----listen to what the children say JUMP A ROPE

Omar (D-Minn.) “And it is an opportunity for us to explain why it is we support a nonviolent movement, which is the BDS movement,” she added.

GREAT IDEA ilhan baby. complete embargos and boycotts are absolutely
non-violent

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

uh-huh. these rallies were filmed b4 trump's installation... since then, his basket dwellers have gotten emboldened with their hatred & racism.

so when you can cough up a valid retort - then your silly post will be reCONsidered.

Speak plainly.

Spit it out son.

Got nothing to do with RAAAAYYYYCISM... it's got everything to do with religion.

Omar is a muslim. Muslims hate jews.

Why is there any more conversation needed about this?

Ahhhhh, sorry, but the Israelis aren't a religion. The Jews are a race. Muslims might hate Jews because of their own religious bias but the Jewish race they hate they don't hate because of their religion, it is because they hate THEM.

Forum List

Back