Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) Blames Garner For Dying During Chokehold

Looking at that picture of Peter King, the dude looks fat!
He looks as if he is very over weight and would probably have had problems breathing while in a chokehold. I imagine if he had said he couldn't breath, the cops would have listened as he is white. I do think it was a race thing.
The fact is, if he did as he was told. He would be alive today. He CHOSE not to comply.

Police broke their own policies and he died because of it...
Like I said if the law breaker did as the cop said in the first place. He would still be able to commit his crimes.

Last edited:
To be fair, Communists/Democrats show quite a bit of dishonesty & hypocrisy on this issue as well. There are thousands of violent Police incidents all across this Country, on a daily basis. And they don't all involve African Americans or other minorities. But Communists/Democrats seem to ignore those incidents or even defend the Police for the most part. They only seem to care if there's an African American is involved. They come off as shallow Race-Baiting opportunists.

Police abuse and violence is out of control. It's all about the Militarization of our Police. So it's not something to only address when it's a convenient opportunity. Violent incidents are happening all the time. And it's not only African Americans who are the victims. But sadly, you rarely hear from Communists/Democrats on those incidents. All incidents of Police abuse need to be addressed. Not just those seen as possible opportunities.
So you are saying ACLU only defend Black People?
Don't forget about the atheist, the majority of their work.

Garner has some blame, the cops have some blame, the idiotic laws that make selling loosies an arrestable crime has some of the blame,

The question is do the cops (in particular the one doing the choke hold) have criminally culpable blame.

To me, they don't, however the choke hold guy shouldn't be allowed to remain a cop in NYC.
In Army boot camp, I was trained to apply a choke hold. I know exactly how it's done. This did not look like a choke hold, and if it would have been, the suspect would have been unconscious. He was conscious, as proven by him repeatedly talking, saying "I can't breathe", which was false, because if he couldn't breathe, he would not have been able to utter those words.

That's for a complete textbook chokehold. As long as pressure is applied to the windpipe (which the coroner found) then you have asphyxiation in progress. THAT has been "no go" territory for the NYPD for decades.
You either have a chokehold, or you don't. It was NOT a chokehold, and I see no evidence of any coroner saying it was. (including from you)

Yes, the coroner noted compressions to the chest, and sorry, this looks like a fucking choke hold. NYPD policy has been to stay the fuck away from the neck.

article-choke2-0801.jpg

I once served on a grand jury - and I thought it was unfair. It was totally orchestrated/manipulated by the Prosecutor. There were no defense lawyers present. In other words - it was totally one-sided. I voted to indict a young man on various drug-related charges - but refused to indict on one charge. The Prosecutor didn't like that and made some attempts to persuade me to change my mind. I did not. In my opinion - grand juries are a kangaroo court designed to protect Prosecutors from performing their duties in a fair and impartial manner. In other words - Prosecutors "hide" behind grand juries.

I once served on a grand jury - and I thought it was unfair. It was totally orchestrated/manipulated by the Prosecutor. There were no defense lawyers present. In other words - it was totally one-sided. I voted to indict a young man on various drug-related charges - but refused to indict on one charge. The Prosecutor didn't like that and made some attempts to persuade me to change my mind. I did not. In my opinion - grand juries are a kangaroo court designed to protect Prosecutors from performing their duties in a fair and impartial manner. In other words - Prosecutors "hide" behind grand juries.
I find your claim that you were on a grand jury far more disturbing than anything that could possibly transpire on one.

He looks as if he is very over weight and would probably have had problems breathing while in a chokehold. I imagine if he had said he couldn't breath, the cops would have listened as he is white. I do think it was a race thing.
The fact is, if he did as he was told. He would be alive today. He CHOSE not to comply.

What the hell do you want them to do? If it was a real choke hold, he wouldn't say I can't breathe, because he would be to busy trying to breathe. If he had a heart attack because of that, what do you think would've happened if he tazed him? If I had a choice I would take the neck grab, over being tazed or shot. Oh, but I wouldn't resist.

n-REP-PETER-KING-large300.jpg

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that if Eric Garner had been healthier, he would not have died after a police officer placed him in a chokehold.

"If he had not had asthma, and a heart condition and was so obese, almost definitely he would not have died from this," King told CNN's Wolf Blitzer during an interview.

Even though video captured Garner saying that he couldn't breathe as officer Daniel Pantaleo placed him in a chokehold and wrestled him to the ground, King said that "police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition."

More: Peter King Says Eric Garner Would Not Have Died From Chokehold Were He Not Obese

WOW! Just WOW! How would King feel if Garner had been an obese/unhealthy Jew?

The racism surrounding the Garner case is actually worse than the Michael Brown case.
I'm kind of conflicted about whether or not racism is involved in their opinions of this, but I do pretty much believe if Garner had been white they would have been outraged.

No, if he had been white, no one but his family would even know about it.

If he had been white the cops would have handed him an appearance ticket and moved on.
A person of any color goes to jail for resisting arrest.

That makes you some kind of liar, doesn't it?

Like I said if the law breaker did as the cop said in the first place. He would still be able to commit his crimes.

So no trial or appeals... Death Penalty served immediately...

To be fair, Communists/Democrats show quite a bit of dishonesty & hypocrisy on this issue as well. There are thousands of violent Police incidents all across this Country, on a daily basis. And they don't all involve African Americans or other minorities. But Communists/Democrats seem to ignore those incidents or even defend the Police for the most part. They only seem to care if there's an African American is involved. They come off as shallow Race-Baiting opportunists.

Police abuse and violence is out of control. It's all about the Militarization of our Police. So it's not something to only address when it's a convenient opportunity. Violent incidents are happening all the time. And it's not only African Americans who are the victims. But sadly, you rarely hear from Communists/Democrats on those incidents. All incidents of Police abuse need to be addressed. Not just those seen as possible opportunities.

So you changed your first post
"I suggest you can count the number of conservatives or conservative causes the ACLU has defended without taking your shoes off to count them."

But did googling 'ACLU conservative causes' gave you unexpected result.... So you are now trying to say ACLU is an atheist....
Can you prove that a majority of the ALCU work is for Atheists?

But let me start
The ACLU Fights for Christians

ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District

ACLU-NJ Defends Christian Student's Anti-Abortion Speech

ACLU of Tennessee Defends Christian Students' Right to Preach in Public Park

ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School

ACLU Defends Christian Students Wearing Anti-Islam Shirts to Florida Public School

ACLU Fights For Christian Inmate's Right to Preach

ACLU of Northern California Fights Law that Got Quakers Fired Over Loyalty Oath

ACLU Defends Christian Librarian Disciplined for Refusing to Promote Harry Potter

ACLU Defends Right of Individual Christian to Display Nativity Scene on Public Property

ACLU Defends Christians Protesting Gay Rights in Florida

ACLU Champions Religious Freedom Of Mormon College Student

ACLU Fights for Christian Church's Mission to Feed the Poor

ACLU Fights for Christmas Tree

ACLU Files Suit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protesting Wal-Mart's Policy on Gays

ACLU of Georgia and Baptist Church File Religious Discrimination Lawsuit

ACLU of Rhode Island Files Appeal on Behalf of Christian Prisoner Barred from Preaching at Religious Services

ACLU of Michigan Defends Catholic Man Coerced to Convert to Pentecostal Faith in Drug Rehab Program

ACLU of New Jersey Joins Lawsuit Supporting Second-Grader's Right to Sing "Awesome God" at Talent Show

After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agrees to Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries

ACLU Helps Free New Mexico Street Preacher From Prison

ACLU of WA Wins Right of Christian Minister to Preach in Spokane Plaza

ACLU Fights for Baptist Preacher in Illinois

ACLU Defends Rights of Christian Group to Make Religious Protest at Funerals

ACLU Backs Christian Abortion Protester in Ohio

ACLU of Oregon Defends Religious Liberty Of Adventist School Boys Basketball Players

ACLU Backs Missouri Nurse Penalized for Wearing Cross-Shaped Lapel Pin

ACLU Defends Christian Street Preacher in Las Vegas

ACLU Argues for Legal Recognition of Small Christian Church

ACLU of MA Defends Students Punished for Distributing Candy Canes with Religious Messages

ACLU of Nebraska Defends Church Facing Eviction by the City of Lincoln

ACLU Defends Church's Right to Run "Anti-Santa" Ads in Boston Subways

ACLU Defends Inmate's Access to Material from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Following Threat of ACLU of Virginia Lawsuit, Officials to Agree Not to Ban Baptisms in Public Parks

ACLU Defends Families Fighting Removal Of Religious Symbols from Florida Cemetery

ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School

ACLU Argument In Support of the Display of a Christian Cross in a Public Forum

ACLU Defends Christian Worker Required to Remove Bible from Desk at Government Job

ACLU Defends Free Speech Rights of Christians And Others On Main Street Plaza

ACLU Defends Prisoner's Rosary Beads

ACLU Defends Christian Group's Anti-Abortion Ads On Phoenix Buses

ACLU Pledges to Back Church in a Zoning Battle

ACLU of PA Files Discrimination Lawsuit Over Denial of Zoning Permit for African American Baptist Church

ACLU Offers To Represent Private Prayer on Public Property and

ACLU Joins Falwell To Fight For Church Incorporation Rights

Oh quit trying to turn the story around. Like I said if he got tazed which is legal. He would've had a heart attack, so either way he would be dead. The officer will lose his job. I guess if your speeding and get into an accident, and the person you hit dies. You will volunteer to go to jail for murder? That's exactly what you want for the officer.

"I suggest you can count the number of conservatives or conservative causes the ACLU has defended without taking your shoes off to count them."

But did googling 'ACLU conservative causes' gave you unexpected result.... So you are now trying to say ACLU is an atheist....

But let me start

ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District

ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School

ACLU Defends Christian Students Wearing Anti-Islam Shirts to Florida Public School

ACLU Defends Christian Librarian Disciplined for Refusing to Promote Harry Potter

ACLU Defends Right of Individual Christian to Display Nativity Scene on Public Property

ACLU Files Suit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protesting Wal-Mart's Policy on Gays

ACLU of Rhode Island Files Appeal on Behalf of Christian Prisoner Barred from Preaching at Religious Services

ACLU of Michigan Defends Catholic Man Coerced to Convert to Pentecostal Faith in Drug Rehab Program

ACLU of New Jersey Joins Lawsuit Supporting Second-Grader's Right to Sing "Awesome God" at Talent Show

After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agrees to Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries

ACLU of Oregon Defends Religious Liberty Of Adventist School Boys Basketball Players

ACLU of MA Defends Students Punished for Distributing Candy Canes with Religious Messages

ACLU Defends Inmate's Access to Material from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Following Threat of ACLU of Virginia Lawsuit, Officials to Agree Not to Ban Baptisms in Public Parks

ACLU Defends Families Fighting Removal Of Religious Symbols from Florida Cemetery

ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School

ACLU Defends Christian Worker Required to Remove Bible from Desk at Government Job

ACLU of PA Files Discrimination Lawsuit Over Denial of Zoning Permit for African American Baptist Church

Okay I'll play your little game, now list all the aclu offers atheist representation.

But let me start

Okay I'll play your little game, now list all the aclu offers atheist representation.

What would that prove? That the ACLU is fair and balanced?

btw, who says the ACLU has to be balanced? They have the right to defend anyone they want.

I can see a lesson for blacks here. Don't resist arrest, and you won't die. Any questions?
Yes, black people must take special care to be respectful and cower before the police.

:rolleyes:
We ALL have a responsibility to obey lawful orders you ignorant dope! Why is that so difficult to understand? Garner brought this on himself and him alone. It's so obvious that the Left rabble rousers are making it about race to gain a conviction by the Feds. Show us where race factored in. None of you can answer that and neither will the Feds.

Race does not have to be a factor in a Federal civil rights case.
How many civil rights vio against blacks on whites?

Admit you didn't know that race did not have to be a factor in a civil rights case and I'll answer your question.
Except that it always is and it's blacks against whites.

But let me start

who cares about the ACLU. they throw in a few so as not to look totally biased

So it was Michael Brown's fault because he was big and strong,

Garner's fault because he was fat and out of shape.

lol, see how elegantly rightwing propaganda pirouettes to keep the agenda alive?
No, if they did what they were told. They would still be criminals today.

That's what it boils down to.

The responsibility here lies in the person who initiated the confrontation.

Not at all. Believe it or not, the police have responsibilities too.
First principles.

If you don't want the cops to take in interest in you then don't give them a reason to.

It's not rocket science.

Are you denying that the cops are subject to the law? I'm not surprised.
Is your president subject to the law?

Oh quit trying to turn the story around. Like I said if he got tazed which is legal. He would've had a heart attack, so either way he would be dead. The officer will lose his job. I guess if your speeding and get into an accident, and the person you hit dies. You will volunteer to go to jail for murder? That's exactly what you want for the officer.

Ehh???
Thats called
  • Vehicular homicide (also known as vehicular manslaughter in the United States), is a crime that, in general, involves the death of an individual as a result of the negligent operation of a vehicle. It is comparable to the offense of dangerous driving causing death in some countries.

We say this cop broke procedure which means he broke the law. As a law enforcement officer polices and procedures are the law as it grants them special privileges to allow them to enforce the law.
The officer should have been tried for:
  • Negligent homicide is the killing of another person through gross negligence or without malice. It often includes death that is the result of the negligent operation of a motor vehicle, which includes the operation of a boat or snowmobile. It is characterized as a death caused by death by conduct that grossly deviated from ordinary care. Negligent homicide may be charged as a lesser-included offense of manslaughter. It is also sometimes referred to as "involuntary manslaughter". State laws vary, so local law should be consulted for specific requirements.
He was not allowed to perform chokeholds on citizens because of the high risk of death to the receiver. There was a policy against that, now all NYPD officers can do chokeholds during all arrests. Actually the policies of the NYPD don't matter too, so now the NYPD has no policies...

Forum List

Back