Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) Blames Garner For Dying During Chokehold

So it was Michael Brown's fault because he was big and strong,

Garner's fault because he was fat and out of shape.

lol, see how elegantly rightwing propaganda pirouettes to keep the agenda alive?
No, if they did what they were told. They would still be criminals today.

That's what it boils down to.

The responsibility here lies in the person who initiated the confrontation.

Not at all. Believe it or not, the police have responsibilities too.

lol, see how elegantly rightwing propaganda pirouettes to keep the agenda alive?

If Brown would have just stepped out of the road he would have had the chance to steal a lot more cigars and rough up a loy more little store clerks.

If Garner had just kept his mouth shut and been polite he'd still be selling single cigarettes to minors.

Wrong. The police are subject to the law as much as Garner was. An important point of having laws, rules, regulations regarding the use of force applies to circumtances where the subject make in fact be engaging in wrongdoing.

Yeah and the grand jury found insufficient cause to indict just like grand juries do every day in this country.

So you see they were subject to the law just like everyone else.

It may have been a violation of police policy to attempt a choke hold to take down a bigger guy and the cop should be fired for that breach of policy but there was no murder committed.

First principles.

If you don't want the cops to take in interest in you then don't give them a reason to.

It's not rocket science.

First principles.

If you don't want the cops to take in interest in you then don't give them a reason to.

It's not rocket science.

Are you denying that the cops are subject to the law? I'm not surprised.

First principles.

It's not rocket science.

If you bothered to read my previous post where I said they were subject to the law you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question

Sorry but the responsibility is first on Garner. He initiated the hostility. If he would have acted like an adult he would still be selling loosies to kids on the corner.

First principles.

It's not rocket science.

If you bothered to read my previous post where I said they were subject to the law you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question

Sorry but the responsibility is first on Garner. He initiated the hostility. If he would have acted like an adult he would still be selling loosies to kids on the corner.

By that reasoning the police can never be responsible for any harm done to a suspect,

ever.

First principles.

It's not rocket science.

So the cops had simply beat him to death with nightsticks, or simply shot him in the head,

they wouldn't be responsible? It would still be Garner's responsibility?

...and to think I momentarily thought the RWnuts might not go mental on the Garner case...

If Brown would have just stepped out of the road he would have had the chance to steal a lot more cigars and rough up a loy more little store clerks.

If Garner had just kept his mouth shut and been polite he'd still be selling single cigarettes to minors.

Wrong. The police are subject to the law as much as Garner was. An important point of having laws, rules, regulations regarding the use of force applies to circumtances where the subject make in fact be engaging in wrongdoing.

Yeah and the grand jury found insufficient cause to indict just like grand juries do every day in this country.

So you see they were subject to the law just like everyone else.

It may have been a violation of police policy to attempt a choke hold to take down a bigger guy and the cop should be fired for that breach of policy but there was no murder committed.
Exactly, remove the officer from

First principles.

It's not rocket science.

By that reasoning the police can never be responsible for any harm done to a suspect,

ever.
Would you hold the same responsibility to the criminal inflicting the same to the police officer?

QUESTION for those who believe the Brown and Garner killings were justified: Do you support the right for people to peacefully protest who disagree?

So if the Feds had swept in on Clive Bundy and his armed gang, in armed defiance of the law, and simply wiped them out,

you cop defenders would be all in on law enforcement's side,

claiming that it was Bundy and his gangs responsibility for resisting?

lol, sure you would...

QUESTION for those who believe the Brown and Garner killings were justified: Do you support the right for people to peacefully protest who disagree?

As long as they don't attack any police officers or resist arrest I have no problem with peaceful protests. I do remember one of the arguments when Gov Christi was accused of blocking several lanes of a bridge that fire trucks and ambulances could not respond to emergencies. What do they do when these peaceful protesters have a die in blocking bridges and freeways?

There is no comparison between Bundy and Garner. Brown was a fleeing felon and is not part of consideration.

First principles.

It's not rocket science.

So the cops had simply beat him to death with nightsticks, or simply shot him in the head,

they wouldn't be responsible? It would still be Garner's responsibility?

...and to think I momentarily thought the RWnuts might not go mental on the Garner case...

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas.

Why don't we operate on the facts of the case and not hypothetical nonsense.

The guy was arrested enough times to know the drill.

He was an immature man child who didn't have the good sense to shut his mouth. If he did that he most likely could have walked away and would be still be illegally selling butts to kids.

The same goes for Brown. He just had to be a bad ass when all a cop did was ask him to get out of the road.

Bad choices beget bad results. It seems that some people are too fucking stupid to realize that.

As long as those people do not break the law or block traffic IDGAF what they do.

Hell lets just go all out

SNIP:
New York Cigarette Taxes Killed Eric Garner
December 04, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: It just keeps happening. We go from the Michael Brown case to the Eric Garner case in New York, and once again it becomes necessary to sort through all of the disinformation that's out there and try to make sense of it. At the end of the process here, once again, we have a grand jury decision, which, in many sectors of the culture and society, is unacceptable and is thought to have been rigged and is thought to have been unfair.
So the president of the United States has said that we are not gonna let up, he and Eric Holder, are not gonna let up. I thought, by the way, it was very, very telling, quite fitting, in fact, that Obama made his remarks at a White House Tribal Nations Conference. Because, you know, Obama is trying his best to eliminate all of the warring and discord going on between all the tribes, right?

ALL of it here:
New York Cigarette Taxes Killed Eric Garner - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Quoting an outspoken racist POS like Limbaugh isn't exactly helping your cause.

To be fair, Communists/Democrats show quite a bit of dishonesty & hypocrisy on this issue as well. There are thousands of violent Police incidents all across this Country, on a daily basis. And they don't all involve African Americans or other minorities. But Communists/Democrats seem to ignore those incidents or even defend the Police for the most part. They only seem to care if there's an African American is involved. They come off as shallow Race-Baiting opportunists.

Police abuse and violence is out of control. It's all about the Militarization of our Police. So it's not something to only address when it's a convenient opportunity. Violent incidents are happening all the time. And it's not only African Americans who are the victims. But sadly, you rarely hear from Communists/Democrats on those incidents. All incidents of Police abuse need to be addressed. Not just those seen as possible opportunities.
So you are saying ACLU only defend Black People?

To be fair, Communists/Democrats show quite a bit of dishonesty & hypocrisy on this issue as well. There are thousands of violent Police incidents all across this Country, on a daily basis. And they don't all involve African Americans or other minorities. But Communists/Democrats seem to ignore those incidents or even defend the Police for the most part. They only seem to care if there's an African American is involved. They come off as shallow Race-Baiting opportunists.

Police abuse and violence is out of control. It's all about the Militarization of our Police. So it's not something to only address when it's a convenient opportunity. Violent incidents are happening all the time. And it's not only African Americans who are the victims. But sadly, you rarely hear from Communists/Democrats on those incidents. All incidents of Police abuse need to be addressed. Not just those seen as possible opportunities.
So you are saying ACLU only defend Black People?

I suggest you can count the number of conservatives or conservative causes the ACLU has defended without taking your shoes off to count them.

Garner has some blame, the cops have some blame, the idiotic laws that make selling loosies an arrestable crime has some of the blame,

The question is do the cops (in particular the one doing the choke hold) have criminally culpable blame.

To me, they don't, however the choke hold guy shouldn't be allowed to remain a cop in NYC.
In Army boot camp, I was trained to apply a choke hold. I know exactly how it's done. This did not look like a choke hold, and if it would have been, the suspect would have been unconscious. He was conscious, as proven by him repeatedly talking, saying "I can't breathe", which was false, because if he couldn't breathe, he would not have been able to utter those words.

That's for a complete textbook chokehold. As long as pressure is applied to the windpipe (which the coroner found) then you have asphyxiation in progress. THAT has been "no go" territory for the NYPD for decades.
You either have a chokehold, or you don't. It was NOT a chokehold, and I see no evidence of any coroner saying it was. (including from you)

So the video is made up and the grand jury lied...

Definition of Choikehold
Members of the New York City Police Department will NOT use chokeholds. A chokehold shall include, but is not limited to, any pressure to the throat or windpipe, which may prevent or hinder breathing or reduce intake of air.(Emphasis added)

Screen-Shot-2014-12-04-at-4.28.09-PM.png

According to the New York Law Journal, the NYPD first put limits on the use of chokeholds when Commissioner Benjamin Ward issued the following order in 1985:
What Is a Chokehold Mediaite
1. Effective immediately, choke holds, which are potentially lethal and unnecessary, WILL NOT be routinely used by members of the New York City Police Department.

2. Choke holds will ONLY be used if the officer’s life is in danger or some other person’s life is in danger and the choke hold is the least dangerous alternative method of restraint available to the police officer.

protectionist your some muppet...

Garner died as a result of resisting arrest. He made a bad choice.

Everyone deserves to die for selling untaxed cigarettes.

Garner died as a result of resisting arrest. He made a bad choice.

Everyone deserves to die for selling untaxed cigarettes.

Not to mention those who cheat on their income taxes, or don't pay the sales taxes on their internet transactions, or pay cash to the guys who fix their roof.

"pay cash to the guys who fix their roof."
I though we just castrate them.

The Hard Right here are a joke here, they are determined to back police who break their own policies and get someone killed.
This has nothing to do race thank god.

Looking at that picture of Peter King, the dude looks fat!
He looks as if he is very over weight and would probably have had problems breathing while in a chokehold. I imagine if he had said he couldn't breath, the cops would have listened as he is white. I do think it was a race thing.
The fact is, if he did as he was told. He would be alive today. He CHOSE not to comply.

Police broke their own policies and he died because of it...

Forum List

Back