Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) Blames Garner For Dying During Chokehold

Garner has some blame, the cops have some blame, the idiotic laws that make selling loosies an arrestable crime has some of the blame,

The question is do the cops (in particular the one doing the choke hold) have criminally culpable blame.

To me, they don't, however the choke hold guy shouldn't be allowed to remain a cop in NYC.
In Army boot camp, I was trained to apply a choke hold. I know exactly how it's done. This did not look like a choke hold, and if it would have been, the suspect would have been unconscious. He was conscious, as proven by him repeatedly talking, saying "I can't breathe", which was false, because if he couldn't breathe, he would not have been able to utter those words.

Did you ever apply that hold on an obese person with asthma?
Why do you ask ?

Duh, because Eric Garner was an obese person with asthma...

The fact that the cops had no way of knowing he had asthma is exactly why the choke-hold has been illegal in NYC since, (I think, about) '94 or so. Too many people died.

And Peter King needs to be put in a choke-hold. He's one of the slimiest Rs in office.

1. Peter King is one of the finest members of Congress.

2. Garner did not receive a chokehold.

In Army boot camp, I was trained to apply a choke hold. I know exactly how it's done. This did not look like a choke hold, and if it would have been, the suspect would have been unconscious. He was conscious, as proven by him repeatedly talking, saying "I can't breathe", which was false, because if he couldn't breathe, he would not have been able to utter those words.

Why do you ask ?

The fact that the cops had no way of knowing he had asthma is exactly why the choke-hold has been illegal in NYC since, (I think, about) '94 or so. Too many people died.

And Peter King needs to be put in a choke-hold. He's one of the slimiest Rs in office.

So the ME says it was a chokehold,anonymous-guy-on-internet says it wasn't. Setting all other factors aside, using logic and reason only, who would you be inclined to believe?

Recall how many RWnuts took Clive Bundy's side.
What the fuck does that have to do with anything moron? Seriously, remedial reading classes, they would do you a lot of good. Careful though, an education will turn you into a conservative.

Can you explain why the RWnuts like you were all in for Clive Bundy, vs. law enforcement, but on the other hand all in for law enforcement vs. every black man in Bundy's circumstance?

We weren't and aren't, you are just making shit up. Shit that has nothing to do with Gardner.

Anyone wish to dispute that the rightwing consensus around here supported Clive Bundy and his armed gangs?

Anyone here wish to dispute that the leftwing whackaloon consensus here supported the state's efforts to go after Clive Bundy's efforts to resist the state? Much like Garner's efforts to not give the state it's tax revenue? You fucks are so full of shit.

lolo

So if an armed gang would have intervened to confront the cops to protect Garner, THEN you'd have taken his side.

Wow, you are more fucked up than I thought you were, and you weren't doing that well to begin with.

n-RAMSEY-ORTA-large300.jpg

A Grand Jury Did Indict One Person Involved In Eric Garner's Killing -- The Man Who Filmed It

On Wednesday, a Staten Island grand jury decided not to return an indictment for the police officer who put Eric Garner, an unarmed black man, in a chokehold shortly before his death. A different Staten Island grand jury was less sympathetic to Ramsey Orta, however, the man who filmed the entire incident.

More: A Grand Jury Did Indict One Person Involved In Eric Garner's Killing -- The Man Who Filmed It

I still can't comprehend that the only person indicted was the person who filmed Garner's murder. Unbelievable...
It is unbelievable. What a miscarriage of justice.

Looking at that picture of Peter King, the dude looks fat!
He looks as if he is very over weight and would probably have had problems breathing while in a chokehold. I imagine if he had said he couldn't breath, the cops would have listened as he is white. I do think it was a race thing.

I'm more of the opinion that if the cop hadn't used an ILLEGAL CHOKE HOLD, that has been banned from use since 1993 by the police force, he'd probably still be alive.

The autopsy revealed that his throat had been crushed, and he also had too much weight on his ribcage and diaphragm to breathe properly.

Not only did the film show him being choked by the police officer, but he also had about 4 or 5 FULL GROWN men sitting on his back.

The average male weighs in at around 180 lbs. Multiply that times 4 and you have somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 to 800 lbs. on his chest.

How many of you people out there can breathe properly with that much weight on your chest and a choke hold around your neck? Even if you're in great shape, you stand a chance of being choked to death.

The "choke hold" wasn't illegal. Not according to the state of NY.
His throat wasn't crushed either.
And he also had serious health issues that contributed to his death.

What about the EXTREME pressure put on his back while he was face-down in a choke hold (while having asthma)?

You were there? You know for a fact what pressure was exerted? Again I will point out the fact that he had serious health issues that contributed to his death.

Yes, deranged racist asshole, I do know for a fact that EXTREME pressure was exerted - because I watched the video numerous times and also watched and listened to a segment on CNN this afternoon that examined that very fact.

You were told and excepted that as fact. How sad. And you are insulting me because I have a different opinion, just plain pathetic. But expected unfortunately.
accepted

Garner's family should have claimed they have ties to the IRA if they wanted King's respect and praise.
Don't feel bad for the family...they will be comforted by the inevitable lawsuit windfall paid for by the law abiding jews of NYC.

If they sue for lost income, how much of the money Garner made selling un-taxed cigarettes did he claim on his taxes?
Selling illegal cigarettes is not a death penality crime. What he's doing is selling them one or two at a time to folks who can't afford to buy a full pack. It's nickle and dime stuff, basically. Doesn't warrant a dealth penality.

A Grand Jury Did Indict One Person Involved In Eric Garner's Killing -- The Man Who Filmed It

On Wednesday, a Staten Island grand jury decided not to return an indictment for the police officer who put Eric Garner, an unarmed black man, in a chokehold shortly before his death. A different Staten Island grand jury was less sympathetic to Ramsey Orta, however, the man who filmed the entire incident.

More: A Grand Jury Did Indict One Person Involved In Eric Garner's Killing -- The Man Who Filmed It

I still can't comprehend that the only person indicted was the person who filmed Garner's murder. Unbelievable...

I think the two words that describe you in posting this article are 'disingenuous asshole.' Filming the Garner arrest had absolutely nothing to do with Orta's arrest.

"In August, less than a month after filming the fatal July 17 encounter in which Daniel Pantaleo and other NYPD police officers confronted Garner for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes, a grand jury indicted Orta on weapons charges stemming from an arrest by undercover officers earlier that month."
And they probably never would have bothered about it if he hadn't filmed the Orata arrest.

He looks as if he is very over weight and would probably have had problems breathing while in a chokehold. I imagine if he had said he couldn't breath, the cops would have listened as he is white. I do think it was a race thing.
Oh shut up. "Overweight" is one word. Don't start this idiotic grammar purist stuff when you can't write correctly yourself.

You're a dingbat. Did I get the subject+verb right?

n-REP-PETER-KING-large300.jpg

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that if Eric Garner had been healthier, he would not have died after a police officer placed him in a chokehold.

"If he had not had asthma, and a heart condition and was so obese, almost definitely he would not have died from this," King told CNN's Wolf Blitzer during an interview.

Even though video captured Garner saying that he couldn't breathe as officer Daniel Pantaleo placed him in a chokehold and wrestled him to the ground, King said that "police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition."

More: Peter King Says Eric Garner Would Not Have Died From Chokehold Were He Not Obese

WOW! Just WOW! How would King feel if Garner had been an obese/unhealthy Jew?
How is that blaming Garner? At least be an honest injun when you debase.

Why do you ask ?

So the ME says it was a chokehold,anonymous-guy-on-internet says it wasn't. Setting all other factors aside, using logic and reason only, who would you be inclined to believe?

The ME listed many contributing causes not just one.

And funny how the autopsy showed no damage to Garners neck and throat.

Hoe was he choked to death while suffering no detectable damage to his neck?

n-REP-PETER-KING-large300.jpg

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said on Wednesday that if Eric Garner had been healthier, he would not have died after a police officer placed him in a chokehold.

"If he had not had asthma, and a heart condition and was so obese, almost definitely he would not have died from this," King told CNN's Wolf Blitzer during an interview.

Even though video captured Garner saying that he couldn't breathe as officer Daniel Pantaleo placed him in a chokehold and wrestled him to the ground, King said that "police had no reason to know that he was in serious condition."

More: Peter King Says Eric Garner Would Not Have Died From Chokehold Were He Not Obese

WOW! Just WOW! How would King feel if Garner had been an obese/unhealthy Jew?

The racism surrounding the Garner case is actually worse than the Michael Brown case.
Explain how it was racism. You can't.

Last edited:
I'm more of the opinion that if the cop hadn't used an ILLEGAL CHOKE HOLD, that has been banned from use since 1993 by the police force, he'd probably still be alive.

The autopsy revealed that his throat had been crushed, and he also had too much weight on his ribcage and diaphragm to breathe properly.

Not only did the film show him being choked by the police officer, but he also had about 4 or 5 FULL GROWN men sitting on his back.

The average male weighs in at around 180 lbs. Multiply that times 4 and you have somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 to 800 lbs. on his chest.

How many of you people out there can breathe properly with that much weight on your chest and a choke hold around your neck? Even if you're in great shape, you stand a chance of being choked to death.

The "choke hold" wasn't illegal. Not according to the state of NY.
His throat wasn't crushed either.
And he also had serious health issues that contributed to his death.

What about the EXTREME pressure put on his back while he was face-down in a choke hold (while having asthma)?

You were there? You know for a fact what pressure was exerted? Again I will point out the fact that he had serious health issues that contributed to his death.

Yes, deranged racist asshole, I do know for a fact that EXTREME pressure was exerted - because I watched the video numerous times and also watched and listened to a segment on CNN this afternoon that examined that very fact.
You listened to CNN reporting. LOL

It's a shame that such a minor infraction led to Garner's death.Martin and Brown had it coming, but not this guy.

The depths if your racism and hatred have no limits do they?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything moron? Seriously, remedial reading classes, they would do you a lot of good. Careful though, an education will turn you into a conservative.

Can you explain why the RWnuts like you were all in for Clive Bundy, vs. law enforcement, but on the other hand all in for law enforcement vs. every black man in Bundy's circumstance?

We weren't and aren't, you are just making shit up. Shit that has nothing to do with Gardner.

Anyone wish to dispute that the rightwing consensus around here supported Clive Bundy and his armed gangs?

You stupid fuck, who cares, it's irrelevant.

Anyone here wish to dispute that the leftwing whackaloon consensus here supported the state's efforts to go after Clive Bundy's efforts to resist the state? Much like Garner's efforts to not give the state it's tax revenue? You fucks are so full of shit.

lolo

You think that's the connection from his lunatic ranting to this thread? It's pretty thin, and TBH, I don't give him that much credit.

I think the two words that describe you in posting this article are 'disingenuous asshole.' Filming the Garner arrest had absolutely nothing to do with Orta's arrest.

"In August, less than a month after filming the fatal July 17 encounter in which Daniel Pantaleo and other NYPD police officers confronted Garner for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes, a grand jury indicted Orta on weapons charges stemming from an arrest by undercover officers earlier that month."
And they probably never would have bothered about it if he hadn't filmed the Orata arrest.

Do you really think the Grand Jury decision was based on his filming of the arrest? I don't! The Grand Jury indicted him on a weapons charge.

Forum List

Back