Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Makes sense. This is yet another example of double standards. We are forced to participate in Obamacare or face fines and our children have had lunch choices taken away, yet the administration exempts themselves from following their own rules. Michelle and a few others in Washington could stand to lose a few pounds, so she should consider leading by example instead of limiting food choices in schools while enjoying fatty foods at White House functions.

Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Ill., is pushing a bill that would require meals served at White House state dinners and other functions to abide by the same calorie restrictions as those served to America's school kids. Though the bill may stand little chance of passage, he describes it as a message that if the government wants to dictate what children can eat, they should lead by example

"Back home our school districts and students are frustrated and feel like their government is not listening," Davis, R-Ill., said.

Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps

Rep wants state dinners to abide by school cafeteria calorie caps | Fox News

Last edited:
So, leading by example is something the left finds laughable? Sounds about right.

Since no one on the left minds that Obama and his buddies are exempt from Obamacare, I shouldn't expect that they would want them to follow their own advice on anything else.

It's one thing if they were just suggesting that other people do this or that, but they made laws and force us to do things and they take away choices, while not applying those rules to themselves. Whether it's small or big things, how can people be okay with that?

Oh, and I've never seen a liberal be embarrassed by anything their party does. A liberal politician suggested Guam would tip over if the military did more building and bought more equipment there and no one on the left ridiculed the idiot. If liberals were embarrassed by stupidity on their side, Biden's antics alone would have every liberal doing face palms on a daily basis.

Last edited:
You don't like what the schools are serving, let the local folks set the menu. Of course you have to give up the subsidies but freedom isn't free. If I had kids in school I would send them with their lunch and dare the school to interfere.

If we were led by His example we'd all be golfing in Hawaii right now at taxpayer expense. OTOH, we'd also (male OR female) be married to Moochelle.

Now go rinse your mouth after throwing up that wee bit.......

What really blows me away is that you guys are proud when your representatives do stupid shit like this.

When politicians on my "side" do shit like this, I'm embarrassed by it.

and what is stupid in it?

if kids have to eat broccoli and arugula ( which I am absolutely FOR, btw) I do not see any harm in banning buttered lobster tails at state dinners and serving some quinoa instead.

What really blows me away is that you guys are proud when your representatives do stupid shit like this.

if kids have to eat broccoli and arugula ( which I am absolutely FOR, btw) I do not see any harm in banning buttered lobster tails at state dinners and serving some quinoa instead.

Stupid things about this:

1. It's not going to come anywhere near passing, which makes it by definition nothing more than a publicity stunt.

2. School nutrition programs are run on a local level by school boards. The federal standards haven't changed in almost 20 years.

3. State dinners are diplomatic functions. Feeding say, the Queen of England, a school lunch would rightly be seen as a significant insult.

Should I go on? I'm pretty sure I can think of more things about this that are stupid.

3. State dinners are diplomatic functions. Feeding say, the Queen of England, a school lunch would rightly be seen as a significant insult.

Should I go on? I'm pretty sure I can think of more things about this that are stupid.

Here, I'll donate one to save you having to violate your Democrat membership conditions through thought:

#3 would be just slightly less insulting than gifting The Queen of England with a sort of "selfie" DVD. Worse, in a video format incompatible with that is use in The United Kingdom.

1. It's not going to come anywhere near passing, which makes it by definition nothing more than a publicity stunt.

2. School nutrition programs are run on a local level by school boards. The federal standards haven't changed in almost 20 years.

it is basically a satire and showing the hypocrisy of this particular FLOTUS with her push of the "healthy diet" for the "masses" while her majesty will enjoy the buttered lobsters. reminds some famous remark about bread and marcipans.

you can not appreciate poking fun of your gods, because you worship them.

Last edited:

it is basically a satire and showing the hypocrisy of this particular FLOTUS with her push of the "healthy diet" for the "masses" while her majesty will enjoy the buttered lobsters. reminds some famous remark about bread and marcipans.

Except it's not a joke, it's an actually piece of legislation that he's wasting Congress' time with. Nor is actually funny - it's petty and asinine.

I don't care for Obama as President. I didn't vote for him either time, and I certainly don't "worship" them. But this shit with Michelle is completely ridiculous.

It's like complaining that Laura Bush was "forcing" those kids to learn to read.

Except it's not a joke, it's an actually piece of legislation that he's wasting Congress' time with. Nor is actually funny - it's petty and asinine.

I don't care for Obama as President. I didn't vote for him either time, and I certainly don't "worship" them. But this shit with Michelle is completely ridiculous.

It's like complaining that Laura Bush was "forcing" those kids to learn to read.

it is a satirical move.

I am sorry you can not see it, becasue it makes fun of those you worship. (and that is also a satirical tone)

it is asinine you don't see it.

Oh wait, your side wants Congress to eat on what food stamps pays.

That embarrasses you? Groovy.

Where is the stupidity?
Mrs Obama and the FDA are on this anti food crusade. Let them live by their deeds.

Forum List

Back