Report: 10.2 trillion barrels of oil recoverable with new technologies

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The global warming "green energy" nut-burgers are going to scream when they learn this:

New drilling technologies could give us so much oil, the climate won?t stand a chance ? Quartz

New oil drilling technologies could increase the world’s petroleum supplies six-fold in the coming years to 10.2 trillion barrels, says a report released today by market research firm Lux Research.
+

The most common and controversial technique is hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, in which chemical-laced water is injected to break up subterranean rock formations to extract oil and natural gas. But the Lux report details a host of exotic so-called Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) technologies—from solar-powered steam injection to microorganisms—that could be used to extend the life of old oil fields and gain access to so-called unconventional petroleum reserves like oil sands.
+

“In light of current oil prices, the peak oil hysteria and projection of $300 [a barrel] prices of a few years ago seem overblown – if not outright silly,” the report states. “But in a sense, they were accurate forecasts of what would have happened if EOR technologies had not come online and made unconventional oil reserves – which vastly exceed conventional ones – accessible.”​

Sweet! They are already using some of these techniques in the Bakken field. Be nice if the oil we produce domestically was all used domestically instead of being exported to the world market. We wouldn't be nearly as dependent on OPEC.

At least once a year, the Bakken field con makes the rounds. Sent to rubes in investment letters so they can literally throw their money down a hole. :lol:

At least once a year, the Bakken field con makes the rounds. Sent to rubes in investment letters so they can literally throw their money down a hole. :lol:

Where do you get that nonsense? I'm a subscriber to numerous industry and technical publications. You know, the ones with the SCIENCE in them. Yeah a Conservative that believes in science. Go figger...

Where do you get that nonsense?

Just google Bakken oil sands. This is a perennial favorite.

Don't you notice they always say "COULD" do this, or "COULD" do that?

:lol:

Oh, look! Just seven months ago right here on this forum:

There is talk about how much oil the United States has and that all this oil could fuel the United States for 2000 years,

2000 YEARS!!!

It's crazy that we are sitting on top of all this oil and yet we aren't pumping it out of the ground.

First, there's this article about how just in the Montana and North Dakota area, we are sitting on 3 billion to 4.3 billion barrels of oil.
USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

I'm still looking for the article about the oil that's in Colorado that I read a while ago but can't find it. If anyone out there could help me out with this article, it would be appreciated.

Don't know where you're getting the message that it is all a con. My family owns land in Eastern Montana on the edge of the Bakken fields. We and our neighbors have several producing wells and the oil business is booming there. If you need work and can drive a truck, go out there. There is money to be made.

Oh, look! Just seven months ago right here on this forum:

There is talk about how much oil the United States has and that all this oil could fuel the United States for 2000 years,

2000 YEARS!!!

It's crazy that we are sitting on top of all this oil and yet we aren't pumping it out of the ground.

First, there's this article about how just in the Montana and North Dakota area, we are sitting on 3 billion to 4.3 billion barrels of oil.
USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

I'm still looking for the article about the oil that's in Colorado that I read a while ago but can't find it. If anyone out there could help me out with this article, it would be appreciated.

So you mock the USGS? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back