Report: Syria transported chemical weapons to Iraq

Report: Syria transported chemical weapons to Iraq | JPost | Israel News

So, they are going back to IRAQ where they started from in the first place. If you fools dont think Iraq ever had WMD your living in the dark. He killed the Kurds with Mustard gas in the first gulf war , He had 2 years blocking inspectors before we invaded them.. I said back then they were in Syria . I guess I was right!!

Where did Iraq get the gas that was used back then? Do you know? Do you care?

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons' | Mail Online

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy

So, they are going back to IRAQ where they started from in the first place. If you fools dont think Iraq ever had WMD your living in the dark. He killed the Kurds with Mustard gas in the first gulf war , He had 2 years blocking inspectors before we invaded them.. I said back then they were in Syria . I guess I was right!!

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - By Shane Harris and Matthew M. Aid | Foreign Policy

So some private bio-firm sold bio-agents to Saddam under the seal of the commerce department. And this must mean Rumsfield directly ordered it. So taking that into account this must mean that Reagan ordered it.

That means that the president always must be held accountable for what happens in government or in the private sector?

Then why doesn't Obama get the blame for anything?

Why does this "I just heard about this on CNN Friday" excuse always fly with Obama but never with Reagan or Bush?

Last edited:

So some private bio-firm sold bio-agents to Saddam under the seal of the commerce department. And this must mean Rumsfield directly ordered it. So taking that into account this must mean that Reagan ordered it.

That means that the president always must be held accountable for what happens in government or in the private sector?

Why is this "I just heard about this on CNN Friday" excuse always fly with Obama but never with Reagan or Bush?

The actor Ed Asner said Hollywood doesn't want to be critical of Obama because he's black.

People voted for Obama because he's black.
They support him because he's black.
They will not be critical of him because .... he's black.

Would be nice if someday we could get past special treatment of people because of skin color.

Your first article was just a cut and paste job from 10 years ago and the second, you need a subscription to even view the friggen thing.

Yep....

Syria's Chemical Weapons Came From Saddam Hussein's Iraq

The irony here is that the chemical weapons stockpile of Syrian thug Assad may in large part be the legacy of weapons moved from Hussein's Iraq into Syria before Operation Iraqi Freedom.

If so, this may be the reason not much was found in the way of WMD by victorious U.S. forces in 2003.

In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, "Saddam's Secrets."

It details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in advance of the U.S.-led action to eliminate Hussein's WMD threat.

As Sada told the New York Sun, two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, and special Republican Guard units loaded the planes with chemical weapons materials.

Syria's Chemical Weapons Came From Saddam Hussein's Iraq

Well, I don't think one can just pinpoint Syria getting weapons from Iraq. I believe they did receive WMD's from Iraq butI don't think we should get ourselves boxed into a corner here because there are so many layers of intrigue going on.

It's like peeling an onion. So please don't get cornered into accepting just one line of thinking. Because the first thing a lib will do is say............

If the weapons came from Iraq, then Syria is Bush's or Reagan's fault.

A British firm exported nerve gas for chemical weapon development. And this was after the so called civil war began.

Syria nerve gas attack: MPs set deadline for Government to give answers over chemical export scandal - Daily Record

By Russell Findlay

Syria nerve gas attack: MPs set deadline for Government to give answers over chemical export scandal
15 Sep 2013 08:52

THE Sunday Mail revealed two weeks ago how Britain had exported the deadly chemicals to Syria ten months after the conflict began.

FORMER defense minister Sir John Stanley has told Vince Cable to come clean over the Syrian chemical exports scandal exposed by the Sunday Mail.

The chairman of the House of Commons Committee on Arms Export Controls (CAEC) has lodged
a series of questions with the Business Secretary.

We revealed two weeks ago how Cable’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills issued two licences to export potassium fluoride and sodium fluoride – 10 months after the Syrian uprising began.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think one can just pinpoint Syria getting weapons from Iraq. I believe they did receive WMD's from Iraq butI don't think we should get ourselves boxed into a corner here because there are so many layers of intrigue going on.

It's like peeling an onion. So please don't get cornered into accepting just one line of thinking. Because the first thing a lib will do is say............

If the weapons came from Iraq, then Syria is Bush's fault.

A British firm exported nerve gas for chemical weapon development. And this was after the so called civil war began.

Syria nerve gas attack: MPs set deadline for Government to give answers over chemical export scandal

THE Sunday Mail revealed two weeks ago how Britain had exported the deadly chemicals to Syria ten months after the conflict began.

Syria nerve gas attack: MPs set deadline for Government to give answers over chemical export scandal - Daily Record

By Russell Findlay

FORMER defense minister Sir John Stanley has told Vince Cable to come clean over the Syrian chemical exports scandal exposed by the Sunday Mail.

The chairman of the House of Commons Committee on Arms Export Controls (CAEC) has lodged

We revealed two weeks ago how Cable’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills issued two licences to export potassium fluoride and sodium fluoride – 10 months after the Syrian uprising began.

Some, not all came from Iraq, as we where messing around with the UN for Years, and as countries like France at the time were making lots of money from there crooked deals with Saddam.

If the weapons came from Iraq, then Syria is Bush's fault.

By Russell Findlay

Some, not all came from Iraq, as we where messing around with the UN for Years, and as countries like France at the time were making lots of money from there crooked deals with Saddam.

Oh for true. Many countries were making a fortune on Iraq. My old Prime Minister Jean Chretien's son in law was involved in the oil for food scandal. And he and his brother had a French company that was busted over it.

Syria playin' three card monte with it's chemical weapons...

Syria moves chemical weapons again, motive unclear
September 19th, 2013 ~ The Syrian regime is again moving around its stockpile of chemical weapons, leaving the United States trying to figure out what Bashar al-Assad will do next with his deadly arsenal.
CNN has learned that the U.S. intelligence community is closely watching the latest development as diplomatic efforts continue around forging a plan for al-Assad to relinquish those stockpiles to international control. Obama administration officials at two agencies said the movement took place in recent days – since United States and Russia agreed on September 14 to a timetable for Syria to declare its chemical weapons inventory and then give them up. “There is activity at known chemical weapons storage sites,” one official said. “What is unclear is whether they are moving them to consolidate the stockpile and then declare it, or are they moving it around to conceal it” in advance of reporting it to international inspectors.

130919180850-lead-sot-starr-syria-chemical-weapons-deadline-00005007-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Officials: Syria moving chemical weapons

U.S. satellites have observed truck convoys moving in and out of storage sites, but the ongoing intelligence challenge involves knowing where the trucks are headed and exactly what they are carrying, that official added. “Call us skeptical” of Syrian intentions, the other official said. Both asked to remain anonymous due to the sensitive nature of the information. While Syria previously moved chemical stockpiles around apparently to avoid the risk of them falling into the hands of rebels, this time the motivation is not clear.

One official confirmed the Obama administration has received specific information in recent months from Russia that the chemical weapons are secure. That assessment came from communications between Moscow and Damascus. But the U.S. intelligence community also has continued to use satellite imagery, intercepts and human sources on the ground inside Syria to develop its own picture. At this point, the United States has no reason to believe the weapons are not secure. But as CNN previously reported, there is also disagreement within the intelligence community about whether the United States knows the location of the entire stockpile.

Syria moves chemical weapons again, motive unclear ? CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

See also:

New movement of Syria’s chemical weapons seen, official says
September 20th, 2013 ~ Syria continues to move its chemical weapons after making a public declaration that they exist. A U.S. official with access to the latest intelligence tells CNN that Bashar al-Assad’s regime “is actively moving its stockpiles in the last 24 hours.”
The official says the latest intelligence information shows there is movement at additional sites beyond what the United States had observed in the past two weeks. “It’s continuous but still unclear what they are really doing,” the official said.

Syria submitted an "initial disclosure" of its chemical weapons program, a spokesman for the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said Friday. It’s part of a diplomatic effort to eventually turn those stockpiles over to international control. While Syria previously moved chemical stockpiles around apparently to avoid the risk of them falling into the hands of rebels, the motivation is not clear this time.

130920185359-syria-gas-mask-aleppo-story-top.jpg

Volunteers wear gas masks during a class on how to respond to a chemical attack, in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo on September 15, 2013. For two months, Mohammad Zayed, an Aleppo University student, has been training a group of 26 civilians in the hope they can respond to a chemical attack.

The question is, as CNN reported on Thursday, whether the movement is part of an effort to account for the stockpiles to the United Nations or hide it. At this point, the United States has no reason to believe the weapons are not secure. But as CNN previously reported, there is also disagreement within the intelligence community about whether the United States knows the location of the entire stockpile.

New movement of Syria?s chemical weapons seen, official says ? CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Related:

Pentagon proposes training moderate Syrian rebels
Thu September 19, 2013 ~ lan envisions U.S. forces training and equipping only certain members of the Syrian opposition; The idea surfaced after August 21 chemical weapons attack in Syria the U.S. blames on regime; No specifics on troops or other aspects, but officials envision any training taking place near Syria; Though, plan has run into trouble as emphasis shifts from military response to diplomatic effort
The Pentagon has "put a proposal on the table" for U.S. military forces to train and equip moderate Syrian opposition forces for the first time, two Obama administration officials told CNN. If approved, it would dramatically increase the role of the U.S. military in Syria's civil war and would for the first time put American troops in direct contact with opposition forces. The idea has been under consideration since the August 21 chemical weapons attack outside Damascus, which the United States says was carried out by the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

There are few specifics on troops or other aspects of the military proposal, but both officials said the effort envisions training taking place in a country near Syria. "We have any number of options under development that could expand our support to the moderate opposition, but no decision has been taken at this point," Joint Chiefs Chairman Martin Dempsey said when asked by reporters on Wednesday about the proposal.

130920070256-01-syria-unrest-0919-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Rebel fighters inspect a stairwell amid fighting against Syrian government forces on Thursday, September 19, in the Saif al-Dawla district of Aleppo, Syria. More than 100,000 people reportedly have been killed in Syria since a popular uprising spiraled into a civil war in 2011. Russia and the United States have agreed on a plan to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons stockpile. The plan came about after a deadly attack in August outside Damascus that the West has accused the Syrian regime of being behind.

Until now, any training and equipping of Syrian opposition forces has fallen under the purview of the CIA and has not directly been acknowledged by the United States government. The Obama administration has acknowledged providing logistical, humanitarian and some military assistance to rebels fighting al-Assad's forces in a civil war now in its third year. The training proposal was first floated in the days after the August attack as a means to step up U.S. support for the opposition.

The proposal envisions U.S. troops training certain rebels on small arms, command and control and military tactics, according to one of the officials. Weapons however would not be directly supplied by the United States because legal authority does not exist for the Pentagon to arm the rebels. President Barack Obama, who blames al-Assad's regime for the attack and threatened a limited military strike as punishment, has vowed not to put "boots on the ground" inside Syria.

More Pentagon proposes training moderate Syrian rebels - CNN.com

Obama can't wait to kill syrian so called rebels. he wants and needs to kill them.

Last edited:

Why is this "I just heard about this on CNN Friday" excuse always fly with Obama but never with Reagan or Bush?

The actor Ed Asner said Hollywood doesn't want to be critical of Obama because he's black.

Would be nice if someday we could get past special treatment of people because of skin color.

Brilliant! You are so deep!

Just another case of white privilege being used to keep the brother man down...oh wait.

Your first article was just a cut and paste job from 10 years ago and the second, you need a subscription to even view the friggen thing.
Well, it all happened thirty years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r42oejmpkgw]Rumsfeld shakes hands with Saddam (full video, no sound) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Diplomats gonna diplomat.

I mean, what did you expect Rumsfeld to do, take a baseball bat to Saddam's knees and say "I think this expresses Washington's deep concerns over the weapons. Now get with the program. You have a real nice country here, it'd be a shame f something were to happen to it."

Diplomats gonna diplomat.

I mean, what did you expect Rumsfeld to do, take a baseball bat to Saddam's knees and say "I think this expresses Washington's deep concerns over the weapons. Now get with the program. You have a real nice country here, it'd be a shame f something were to happen to it."
History lesson: When the United States looked the other way on chemical weapons
<excerpt>
But there is an even more striking instance of the United States ignoring use of the chemical weapons that killed tens of thousands of people &#8212; during the grinding Iraq-Iran war in the 1980s. As documented in 2002 by Washington Post reporter Michael Dobbs, the Reagan administration knew full well it was selling materials to Iraq that was being used for the manufacture of chemical weapons, and that Iraq was using such weapons, but U.S. officials were more concerned about whether Iran would win rather than how Iraq might eke out a victory. Dobbs noted that Iraq&#8217;s chemical weapons&#8217; use was &#8220;hardly a secret, with the Iraqi military issuing this warning in February 1984: &#8221;The invaders should know that for every harmful insect, there is an insecticide capable of annihilating it . . . and Iraq possesses this annihilation insecticide.&#8221;
As Dobbs wrote:
A review of thousands of declassified government documents and interviews with former policymakers shows that U.S. intelligence and logistical support played a crucial role in shoring up Iraqi defenses against the &#8220;human wave&#8221; attacks by suicidal Iranian troops. The administrations of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush authorized the sale to Iraq of numerous items that had both military and civilian applications, including poisonous chemicals and deadly biological viruses, such as anthrax and bubonic plague&#8230;.

And? International politics is an ugly game. Stopping Iran was more important than gnashing our teeth and rending our garments over some mustard gas.

Forum List

Back