Report: Tea Party Leader Charged In Thad Cochran Photo Scandal Commits Suicide

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Report: Tea Party Leader Charged In Thad Cochran Photo Scandal Commits Suicide

A supporter for Mississippi state Sen. Chris McDaniel (R), who was arrested for his alleged connection to the photographing of Sen. Thad Cochran's (R-Miss) wife, committed suicide Wednesday, according to The Clarion-Ledger.

Mark Mayfield, a leader of the Mississippi Tea Party and officer with the Central Mississippi Tea Party, was one of three men arrested on conspiracy charges after 28-year-old blogger Clayton Kelly allegedly photographed Cochran's bedridden wife, Rose, at a nursing home where she suffers from progressive dementia. The photos were allegedly used for an anti-Cochran political video that was later taken down.

One of Mayfield's attorneys confirmed to TPM that he died in an "apparent" suicide.

The news today just keeps getter better and better...one less teabagger. w00t!

Did he kill himself after he broke into city hall to try and fix the election results?

yeah. I wasn't gonna post that. Really sad. The TPM down here is not all about the Klan. There are those elements with some, and McDaniel embraced them. But, the TPM could help the state gop focus on what spending should be opposed.

It's a shame what people will do to play dirty politics, how would using a photo of a woman with dementia, in a nursing home, help their election hopes?

You are a despicable human being.. you honestly are. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle someone is from when a family is suffering a loss. Whether it's Ted Kennedy or this man..

You are a despicable human being.. you honestly are. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle someone is from when a family is suffering a loss. Whether it's Ted Kennedy or this man..

Hey sweetie. What happened to that video I posted of you the other day?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah. I wasn't gonna post that. Really sad. The TPM down here is not all about the Klan. There are those elements with some, and McDaniel embraced them. But, the TPM could help the state gop focus on what spending should be opposed.

I heard there are some democrats that are not all about being Nazis. There are elements with some and the democrats embraces them.

When you think about it, it's not really that much of a surprise. I posted the statistics before. Nearly 70% of all gun related deaths in the US are suicide with most of them being white guys in Red States.

Gun related means ALL gun related. That includes bank robbery, thugs in Chicago, kids "accidentally shooting baby sister", school mass murders and so on.

Very few minorities kill themselves.

I suspect many right winger males commit suicide because they are just tired of their party scaring them all the time. It's terrible to live in fear.

This case could have been something else entirely.

Forum List

Back