Repub official shot to death by her bra

Yes, it has a very long pull. You must intend to pull that trigger. The perfect gun to carry. The only drawback is that it takes much practice to shoot well. That long pull tends to pull your aim off. In my case to the left a bit.

3.5 lb short action trigger on my S&W M&P9 with hi - viz night sights.

Mine is listed as a 5 lb pull, but to my mind it isn't that hard to pull its just that it has to be pulled its entire span before it will fire.

Brain357

“What had happened, the man shopping in Giant Eagle bent over to pick something up, he was wearing a fanny pack and had a .380 inside his fanny pack, when he bent over that fell on the floor and discharged, striking two other people inside the store with debris,” Chief Robert Amann, of Northern Regional Police, said.

There have been at least two other incidents exactly like this.

If we're gonna arm morons, maybe we should ban fanny packs.

Somebody dies

And Luddy has fun with it

Yup, that's how you earn respect

Nope.

Nothing funny about being so afraid that you can't leave the house without a gun tucked in your bra. And, its not just women who can be really dumb.

Literally padding your parts with a gun.

This Texas Jock Strap holster is a beautifully tooled western set is crafted after the authentic Texas Jock Strap holster (SKU #H1088). This rig will definitely set you apart from the rest of the crowd.

The Texas jockstrap is referring to how the holster is made. If you look at it in the link it has a T-shaped strap that comes up from the bottom and goes around the holster. The holster is worn on a western style belt.

If you are trying to make a point you need to know what you are talking about. Otherwise you look like a fucking idiot.

I stand corrected but its pretty funny that the holster makes reference to a piece of clothing that holds one's parts.

The name is funny. When I first found them I laughed my ass off. The name comes from the early holster makers though. I guess they had a sense of humor.

I was just told that there is a crotch holster for the real idiots among us and its also mentioned above but the same suicidal idiot "anyone who carries WITHOUT a round in the chamber is a fool".

:rolleyes:

Yeah well the opinions of a moron mean nothing to anyone. Your avie is appropriate for you.

Call it a matter of preference then, you can have a round in your chamber and not be aware of your surroundings, you can still get mugged. I think to many people accidentaly shoot themselves that way, even by dropping the gun on the ground. Im all for concealed carry though.

I would NEVER carry a gun without a round in the chamber. Just as I would never carry a gun with a manual safety on the gun or use a holster with a thumb break on it. ANYTHING that would reduce my speed to bring the gun into service I will not deal with.

Same here.

Yabut, you have said you also leave guns laying around the house.

You're not exactly the poster child for responsible gun handling.

Call it a matter of preference then, you can have a round in your chamber and not be aware of your surroundings, you can still get mugged. I think to many people accidentaly shoot themselves that way, even by dropping the gun on the ground. Im all for concealed carry though.

I would NEVER carry a gun without a round in the chamber. Just as I would never carry a gun with a manual safety on the gun or use a holster with a thumb break on it. ANYTHING that would reduce my speed to bring the gun into service I will not deal with.

Same here.

Yabut, you have said you also leave guns laying around the house.

You're not exactly the poster child for responsible gun handling.

Yes I do and I am the epitome of a responsible gun owner. You just don't have a clue what you are talking about and you have an irrational fear of guns. In addition and most notably, you are a left wing nut who will never ever have the courage, integrity, or honesty to ever admit when you are wrong. Your idiotic opinions are meaningless.

My gun doesn't have a safety. It doesn't need one. I keep it loaded with a round in the chamber and I carry it in my pocket. It will not go off until I want it to. If you do not know how I can say this then tou don't know enough about guns to make a rational knowledgable decision on it.

What gun do you have if you don't mind sharing? My guess would be a semi-automatic like a glock. The safety is built into the trigger.

I have a Kel Tec P3AT. No safety per say.

It has a built in safety. Not all guns have an external safety, but most guns have a safety of one type or another. We could have a big discussion about safeties on firearms. Think about single action revolvers and lever action rifles.[/QUOTE]

My gun has no safety. If it has a round in the chamber, it will fire when you pull that trigger. The only way to stop that is to take the bullet out of the chamber.[/QUOTE]

Ill have to look that one up, Ive fired many types of semi-autos, but i only own revolvers. was thinking about purchasing a good semi.

With all of these "accidental shootings" they have one thing in common, user malfunction. Guns do not shoot themselves someone has to pull the trigger or drop it causing the hammer to fall.

Depending on your beliefs we can pass more laws and try to regulate stupidity or we can let Darwin take care of it.

My personal belief is if a person is going to carry they should know how to use the gun they are carrying. They should be more proficient than law enforcement. The reason is if they ever have to use their gun in self defense they will be scrutinized very heavily.

I would never let my family carry if they weren't extremely proficient in the use of the gun. I take the time to train them to a high standard. My grandson is getting his first gun for his third birthday. It will be locked in my safe and I will train him on its use.

rockledr

Exactly.

I agree but the obvious problem is that a lot of fools think they're a lot more proficient than they really are and, far too often, its innocent people who get killed.

We should be doing much more to keep children safe from idiot adults.

Well....sadly, we can't ban lefties from having children....that Constitution and all that.....

Brain357

“What had happened, the man shopping in Giant Eagle bent over to pick something up, he was wearing a fanny pack and had a .380 inside his fanny pack, when he bent over that fell on the floor and discharged, striking two other people inside the store with debris,” Chief Robert Amann, of Northern Regional Police, said.

There have been at least two other incidents exactly like this.

If we're gonna arm morons, maybe we should ban fanny packs.

He probably has a good shot at a lawsuit.....modern pistols are not supposed to fire if you drop them....

With all of these "accidental shootings" they have one thing in common, user malfunction. Guns do not shoot themselves someone has to pull the trigger or drop it causing the hammer to fall.

Depending on your beliefs we can pass more laws and try to regulate stupidity or we can let Darwin take care of it.

My personal belief is if a person is going to carry they should know how to use the gun they are carrying. They should be more proficient than law enforcement. The reason is if they ever have to use their gun in self defense they will be scrutinized very heavily.

I would never let my family carry if they weren't extremely proficient in the use of the gun. I take the time to train them to a high standard. My grandson is getting his first gun for his third birthday. It will be locked in my safe and I will train him on its use.

rockledr

Exactly.

I agree but the obvious problem is that a lot of fools think they're a lot more proficient than they really are and, far too often, its innocent people who get killed.

We should be doing much more to keep children safe from idiot adults.

On this point we can agree. A lot of people who carry do not practice enough and actually train with their weapon. These people are not who you would call gun nuts. Us gun nuts can tear are weapons apart and put them back together blindfolded. We can change magazines in complete darkness also. The people who cause most of the problems are the ones who take their class and only fire their weapon every 6 months or so like most LE.

I don't think more laws will fix the problem, we have enough of those that aren't being enforced as is. People need to be responsible for themselves and take responsibility for their actions. I have killed before and it's not an easy thing to live with. I am all for concealed carry, I am unsure how to get people to be accountable.

If every time we something stupid being done we cry for more laws soon we will all be locked up in prison being slaves. Both parties would love for that to happen look at 9-11 as an example.

My gun doesn't have a safety. It doesn't need one. I keep it loaded with a round in the chamber and I carry it in my pocket. It will not go off until I want it to. If you do not know how I can say this then tou don't know enough about guns to make a rational knowledgable decision on it.

What gun do you have if you don't mind sharing? My guess would be a semi-automatic like a glock. The safety is built into the trigger.

It has a built in safety. Not all guns have an external safety, but most guns have a safety of one type or another. We could have a big discussion about safeties on firearms. Think about single action revolvers and lever action rifles.

My gun has no safety. If it has a round in the chamber, it will fire when you pull that trigger. The only way to stop that is to take the bullet out of the chamber.

Reviews make it sound like your gun requires a good trigger pull. That would have probably saved this woman.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it has a very long pull. You must intend to pull that trigger. The perfect gun to carry. The only drawback is that it takes much practice to shoot well. That long pull tends to pull your aim off. In my case to the left a bit.[/QUOTE]

Predfan,

That long trigger pull is the safety. If the government thought their was a weapon being sold without a safety they would quickly change that. Back in the early 90's lever action rifles started to be produced with external hammer block safeties. Prior to this the hammer was the safety, you had to cock it to fire it. Too many idiots having accidents with them. I have weapons ranging from the 1800s - to modern ones. They all have a safety, most are in the steps to fire them. We can discuss firearms designs and the pros and cons of each in a different thread. I think we both know a lot about the topic but I don't want to derail this thread anymore.

It has a built in safety. Not all guns have an external safety, but most guns have a safety of one type or another. We could have a big discussion about safeties on firearms. Think about single action revolvers and lever action rifles.

My gun has no safety. If it has a round in the chamber, it will fire when you pull that trigger. The only way to stop that is to take the bullet out of the chamber.[/QUOTE]

Ill have to look that one up, Ive fired many types of semi-autos, but i only own revolvers. was thinking about purchasing a good semi.[/QUOTE]

The Kel Tec P3AT is a good gun for carrying, for the reasons I stated. If you just want to own a good semi. I would recommend something else. That gun is utilitarian, imo.

My gun has no safety. If it has a round in the chamber, it will fire when you pull that trigger. The only way to stop that is to take the bullet out of the chamber.

Reviews make it sound like your gun requires a good trigger pull. That would have probably saved this woman.

Yes, it has a very long pull. You must intend to pull that trigger. The perfect gun to carry. The only drawback is that it takes much practice to shoot well. That long pull tends to pull your aim off. In my case to the left a bit.[/QUOTE]

Predfan,

That long trigger pull is the safety. If the government thought their was a weapon being sold without a safety they would quickly change that. Back in the early 90's lever action rifles started to be produced with external hammer block safeties. Prior to this the hammer was the safety, you had to cock it to fire it. Too many idiots having accidents with them. I have weapons ranging from the 1800s - to modern ones. They all have a safety, most are in the steps to fire them. We can discuss firearms designs and the pros and cons of each in a different thread. I think we both know a lot about the topic but I don't want to derail this thread anymore.[/QUOTE]

That is why I said no safety "per say". Traditionally, a safety prevents a gun from firing. Don't worry about derailing this thread. It was started by an idiot with a lust for death.

Reviews make it sound like your gun requires a good trigger pull. That would have probably saved this woman.

Yes, it has a very long pull. You must intend to pull that trigger. The perfect gun to carry. The only drawback is that it takes much practice to shoot well. That long pull tends to pull your aim off. In my case to the left a bit.

Predfan,

That long trigger pull is the safety. If the government thought their was a weapon being sold without a safety they would quickly change that. Back in the early 90's lever action rifles started to be produced with external hammer block safeties. Prior to this the hammer was the safety, you had to cock it to fire it. Too many idiots having accidents with them. I have weapons ranging from the 1800s - to modern ones. They all have a safety, most are in the steps to fire them. We can discuss firearms designs and the pros and cons of each in a different thread. I think we both know a lot about the topic but I don't want to derail this thread anymore.[/QUOTE]

That is why I said no safety "per say". Traditionally, a safety prevents a gun from firing. Don't worry about derailing this thread. It was started by an idiot with a lust for death.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the safety. I have found when dealing with anti-gunners I have to be very careful about how I say things. This also applies to people who aren't familiar with guns. They will twist what you said and make it seem like you meant something completely different. I truly believe that is what happened with lever action rifles. The hammer and half cock notch worked just fine from 1860-1992 or 93. Then we now need a cross-bolt safety or some other external safety. I think it does the gun a disservice but what can you do. I have some blackpowder revolvers that don't have safeties. They are six shot guns but people learned back in the 1850s to only load 5 because if dropped on a loaded chamber they would fire. Colt didn't change the guns when this was discovered, the government didn't mandate it change people just did it. Now we would have many lawsuits about it. I guess that is the difference between then and now. People think we need the government to babysit us 24/7.

On another note, damn I am getting my post count up there. :2up: :laugh:

Predfan,

That long trigger pull is the safety. If the government thought their was a weapon being sold without a safety they would quickly change that. Back in the early 90's lever action rifles started to be produced with external hammer block safeties. Prior to this the hammer was the safety, you had to cock it to fire it. Too many idiots having accidents with them. I have weapons ranging from the 1800s - to modern ones. They all have a safety, most are in the steps to fire them. We can discuss firearms designs and the pros and cons of each in a different thread. I think we both know a lot about the topic but I don't want to derail this thread anymore.

That is why I said no safety "per say". Traditionally, a safety prevents a gun from firing. Don't worry about derailing this thread. It was started by an idiot with a lust for death.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the safety. I have found when dealing with anti-gunners I have to be very careful about how I say things. This also applies to people who aren't familiar with guns. They will twist what you said and make it seem like you meant something completely different. I truly believe that is what happened with lever action rifles. The hammer and half cock notch worked just fine from 1860-1992 or 93. Then we now need a cross-bolt safety or some other external safety. I think it does the gun a disservice but what can you do. I have some blackpowder revolvers that don't have safeties. They are six shot guns but people learned back in the 1850s to only load 5 because if dropped on a loaded chamber they would fire. Colt didn't change the guns when this was discovered, the government didn't mandate it change people just did it. Now we would have many lawsuits about it. I guess that is the difference between then and now. People think we need the government to babysit us 24/7.

On another note, damn I am getting my post count up there. :2up: :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I don't own a lever action rifle, never have. Not by choice though, I was looking long and hard at a beautiful one hanging on the wall at one of my local gun shops.

How many times have you used it in defense?

In 15 years as a CCW holder I've had to draw the gun twice. In both cases the presence of the firearm ended the incident without a round having to be fired.

Hopefully I never have to do that again but if I do and I am forced to shoot I want every advantage possible on my side.....

"If you're in a fair fight your tactics suck" Col. Jeff Cooper (US Army - Ret.)

Mine is listed as a 5 lb pull, but to my mind it isn't that hard to pull its just that it has to be pulled its entire span before it will fire.

My training is to keep the finger off the trigger until ready to fire so the longer pull doesn't do anything useful and makes follow-up shots more difficult. The lower weight short trigger is an after-market add on not factory

My training is to keep the finger off the trigger until ready to fire so the longer pull doesn't do anything useful and makes follow-up shots more difficult. The lower weight short trigger is an after-market add on not factory

Actually the longer pull is VERY useful. It means I can carry it in my pocket without worry that it will accidentally go off.

Actually the longer pull is VERY useful. It means I can carry it in my pocket without worry that it will accidentally go off.

Not a style of carry that I use. Too much time to get at the gun. I prefer strong side or small of the back depending on what I'm carrying

Not a style of carry that I use. Too much time to get at the gun. I prefer strong side or small of the back depending on what I'm carrying

And I have no quarrel with that, but I live in Florida where 10 months out of the year, it's too hot for more than a t-shirt. Open carry is against the law here, so in the pocket it goes.

In addition, I found a "holster" at one of the gun shows that is designed for pocket carry. It allows easy and quick draw from ones pocket.

Somebody dies

And Luddy has fun with it

Yup, that's how you earn respect

Nope.

Nothing funny about being so afraid that you can't leave the house without a gun tucked in your bra. And, its not just women who can be really dumb.

Literally padding your parts with a gun.

This Texas Jock Strap holster is a beautifully tooled western set is crafted after the authentic Texas Jock Strap holster (SKU #H1088). This rig will definitely set you apart from the rest of the crowd.
Living in liberal utopian society makes you want to carry a gun.

Forum List

Back